main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Watching the Clone Wars For First Time

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by El_Machete12, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Hello, just thought I'd make this thread so you can post websites that allow you to download any Clone Wars episode you want. I'm thinking of starting to watch the show, but I want to find a website where I can download some episodes on my phone. Any suggestions?

2. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    This thread will get closed, you're not allowed to link to piracy on this forum. :confused:

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    iTunes or Amazon Instant Video. I've bought episodes from Amazon Instant Video and streamed them through my TV, my PC and an app on the iPad. They're $1.99 each there.

StarWars.com will put up some full episodes for free but I doubt there are any from earlier seasons.

I posted places he can get the episodes legally. If he wants to download all of them for free...yeah, I'm not going to play.

4. El_Machete12

Oct 30, 2012
    I understand the whole piracy issue, I only wanted to know of a website that I can download or stream Clone Wars episodes. I only have a Netflix account, so I wanted to get some recommendations.

EDIT: thanks BTW

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I thought Netflix had them. Am I wrong?

IMO Amazon Instant Video is your best bet, the episodes are a dollar cheaper than they are on iTunes, and the quality is decent.

6. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    I don't know if Netflix libraries are different for other countries, but my UK account doesn't have them.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm not away of TCW being on Netflix. Amazon prime would be your best bet to get downloadable episodes to your phone legally, if its an iPhone then ofcourse you have itunes. With any luck the Disney acquisition means Hulu will eventually have TCW available on it. PSN also has them if you have a PSP Vita.

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Fortunately most arcs are stand-a-lone, so it just seems like you could jump right into the Nightsisters arc of S3 if you wanted to, without having seen Seasons 1-2. You'll be a little lost regarding Ahsoka's character if you don't see her first appearance in the TCW film, but it's not completely necessary (I didn't see the film until the middle of Season 2, and by then I pretty much got used to Ahsoka despite not seeing her intro).

That's how I'd recommend watching TCW to people that wish to download episodes: read synopses for episodes and watch those that seem like they'd be interesting to you. It's not really essential to watch EVERYTHING (unless you are a completionist). For instance, I hate most of the droid episodes and would skip those. They're standalone arcs that don't really impact any of the other arcs. However, if you're someone that loves the droids but hate the clone centric episodes (they're actually quite popular, but I'm just using them as an example), then you can usually get by with skipping what doesn't appeal to you without really missing a beat, since episodes/arcs are for the most part (with some exceptions) fairly well contained to themselves.

QuangoFett likes this.
  9. El_Machete12

Oct 30, 2012
    Netflix does not have TCW, however I am referring to the streaming package, I have no clue for the mail-in package.

I just had a friend of mine text me a website that has all episodes for free. Sorry the wallet is thin:p Thanks for the help though

As for the show itself, I'm a little disappointed with S1E1-E3 so far, so I may skip ahead to the Nighsister arc. Are there any stand-out episodes in S1 and S2?

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Depends who you ask.

I liked the Malevolence arc for instance (S1E2-S1E4), but you apparently didn't.

The Ryloth arc (S1E19-S1E21) is generally well liked.

I also liked the Season 1 finale (Hostage Crisis).

Rookies (S1E5) is also a fan favorite.

For Season 2, Landing at Point Rain (S2E5) is very popular. Though it builds off the events of Senate Spy (S2E4) which is largely hated. Personally, I liked the first three episodes of Season 2. S2E9-S2E10 (Grievous Intrigue and The Deserter) are also very good, IMO. The Mandalore arc (S2E12-S2E14) are popular and are necessary to understand stuff that happens later.

I also enjoyed the Zillo Beast episodes (S2E18-S2E19) quite a bit.

The first two episodes of S3 are good. Hunt for Ziro (S3E9) is also silly fun. And then I enjoyed everything in S3 from Nightsisters onward. The Mortis arc (S3E15-S3E17) is highly divisive though. You'll either love it or absolutely hate it.

The first 5-6 episodes of S4 I did not care for, but I enjoyed the rest of it well enough (except the second to last episode).

With Season 5, the Maul episodes are the only ones I REALLY liked. The Young Jedi arc is OK (I liked the first two episodes, the second two were just OK). The Droid arc of S5 however is the worst thing to come out of TCW IMO, yet there are some people that like it.

It all depends on what you like and who you ask. I like the Maul stuff, some people absolutely hate it with a passion, etc.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  11. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm actually of the opinion that you should watch the entire series. That way, you can appreciate the growing visual fidelity and darkness of the show. There's been many episodes where if I had simply read the synopsis then it wouldn't of interested me, but the actual episode itself turned out to be highly enjoyable(Mercy Mission, Heroes On Both Sides) Just go into Season 1 with no baggage and sit down to some classic Star Wars. Every episode has at least something worth offering, so don't let the opinions of others cause you to skip things.

07jonesj likes this.
  12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Trespass!

AkashKedavra_93 and 07jonesj like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.