main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Watching the I AM YOUR FATHER scene for the first time

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darth_Aussie, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithTahiri

SithTahiri Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    I was very very young when I first saw it but I remember just looking at the T.V and saying "Nah"

2. lil_jedi_blondie

lil_jedi_blondie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    I new about it long before I actually saw the movies and so it really wasn't all that great. The people who saw it before I was even born ruined it for me.

3. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    It's interesting reading all these recollections. Keep 'em coming :)

4. Amythest

Amythest Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2003
    I watched ESB a few years ago for the first time. I knew already, it kinda spoiled it.

5. mps406

mps406 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    I was 2 when I saw ANH in the theater, 5 for ESB, and 8 for ROTJ.

When Vader told Luke he was his father in ESB, I thought he was lying. So that wasn't much of a shock to me.

It was Yoda confirming it in ROTJ. That was the shocker for me! And then we found out that Leia was his sister. Wow.

(Although - I seem to remember hearing about that before I saw the movie.)

6. ultimatejedi90

ultimatejedi90 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    [face_shocked]
    i said the exact same thing luke did really I did when i left the theaters this saga rocks

7. Darth-Floyd

Darth-Floyd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    saw it at age 10(1980): i was shocked a little....i was more concerned,how they would unfreeze Han Solo?He didn´t look that cold to me...more like they covered him with melted steel,so i didn´t thougth he had survived! And he was my hero in the first two movies,so i was sad that he wouldn´t return in the next!(but we all know he did!!)

8. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    actually while i was a quite shocked and upest and confused sort of. I was far mroe shocked on the fact that Vader had cut Lukes hand off a minute ago, i was younger back then so it was the most "gore" i ahd ever seen, witht he exceptino of maybe that severed arm in ANH...

9. Naccha

Naccha Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    I thought Vader was lying and trying to fool Luke and even though Luke called him "Father", I thought that it was a mind trick that Vader was playing on Luke through the Force. When I saw ROTJ, I remember my friend turning to me and saying, "I told you so." I was shocked, I guess. But, it was true.
    Now, the Luke and Leia thing made sense to me. I figured that Luke was not going to get the girl(Leia) because Han and Leia really belonged together. It was nice that L & L had a connection somehow...

10. Jedi of the West

Jedi of the West Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 1999
    It was huge shock to learn that Darth Vader was Luke's father in TESB. I don't think any of us were prepared for that. To find out that Luke and Leia were brother and sister in ROTJ was another shock to us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.