Watchmen......................................................2

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by VadersLaMent, Dec 1, 2011.

1. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
  2. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    [image=http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp39/darthramza/Whatisthisidonteven.jpg]

I don't know what's more ridiculous - that this is happening, or that Gibbons is involved.
  3. Scummy Jedi Master

star 4
    It could be good. I guess. I doubt I'll read them unless the reviews are just really positive.

Scummy

4. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    [image=http://livingincinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/watchmen-babies.jpg]
  5. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    My connection to Watchmen is thus:

The owner and manager of the comics store I went to in my youth had a radio show and they asked trivia questions. On one show they had the Watchmen comics(at that time only 1 thru 7 were out) as a prize and I was able to answer said question and got my first Watchmen comics as the prize. I got it, I understood it, I loved it. I even like the movie, despite a few problems.

So, a 2nd attempt. I have to assume the powers that be understand that they could totally **** this up. It's Watchmen. Arguably the greatest series ever. And they want a sequel. Again I say:

[face_worried]
  6. MasterP Force Ghost

star 7
    I'm excited for this.
  7. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey, I loved the movie! Especially liked what they did with Nixon's five terms in office. My generation nicknamed him "King Richard the first" because if he could have had 5 terms in office, he sure would have tried.

Don't read too many comics these days, tho. Current politics are entertainment enough.
  8. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    Bad idea, but I'll buy it.
  9. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    I think we have to wait and see exactly where they are going with this. At one point there was talk of a Watchman prequel book that was tentatively titled Minuetmen, and was going to be set in the 1940s. If the intent was to do something like that, then this could be interesting, but its too early jump to any conclusions as yet.
  10. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    It's a series of prequels.
  11. somethingfamiliar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  12. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    I doubt I will buy it, or give it a second glance. Not out of protest or fanboy rage, I just can't be bothered to care at all. :p
  13. Vincent-Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I believe in Darwyn Cooke.
  14. Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Master

star 4
    They had to.
    It is like not making another star trek/bat-man/spider-man/superman/x-men movie, no matter how badly the last one(s) might have sucked.
    They want the name recognition.

I expect this one to be even more awful than the last/first
  15. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    The are some things (book, movie, game, TV series) that most certainly do not ever need sequels or even prequels. IMO, WATCHMEN is one of 'em. So all I can say is [face_plain]. Especially if Alan Moore isn't involved.
  16. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Honestly it's better for all concerned parties that Moore isn't involved.

Because given his recent output I would fully expect tentacle rape scenes involving the giant monster squid.
  17. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Point. There is that. It seems both he and Frank Miller have been partaking from the same *****, permanently-******-up-your-talent meds.
  18. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Honestly, I'd rather sit through an all day Twilight marathon than see Watchmen ever again or a sequel.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    He was one of 2 contributors to the recent "sequel" to Dave Stevens's untouchable Rocketeer work that made me believe. It was a realyl cool mini, with basically fanfic from some of the best people in the industry, but Cooke's story convinced me that the whole concept of taking a brilliant dead guy's best work and reimagining it was a great idea.
  20. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh no you wouldn't.

21. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Whoa there. You might dislike Moore's recent output, but it has nothing to do with Frank Miller's descent into madness and self-parody.
  22. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
  23. DarthMane2 Force Ghost

star 4
    ehh..I mean what can you say? It's un-necessary, but then again what the DC heads say is true. They do have a job to keep titles and characters fresh. Still, it's not like Watchmen isn't available to read or buy, and it's sold it just about any comic or book store.

Big worry hear it that they'll lose the overall idea and themes represented in WATCHMEN. That they won't understand the characters and make them something they're not.

If it fails they should just give the rights back to Moore as a gift.

24. DantheJedi Force Ghost

star 5
    The fact that we kinda knew it was coming doesn't make the news any better.

This is why my comics reading nowadays is primarily Dark Horse Star Wars and IDW Star Trek comics, because of the things Marvel and DC pull.
  25. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    I fully intend to buy the Nite Owl book the day it comes out.

Yeah, I said it. Come at me, bros.