main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Watchmen - Tyler Bates

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Mastadge, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Watchmen sees Zack Snyder continuing his, erm, creative relationship with composer Tyler Bates. Unfortunately for us and, likely, for the film. By all accounts Watchmen is a film that could benefit immensely from a great score tying it together thematically and helping audiences along. (Geekgasm: Basil Poledouris scoring Watchmen?! Oh that it could have been. . . :( ) What it's got instead is more Tyler Bates loud-noise aimless scoring. Does anyone know, are Snyder and Bates just buddies? Or is Bates' "sound" actually what Snyder thinks best fits his pictures? Oh, what a missed opportunity.

2. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Yeah, he's pretty much at the bottom of the barrel.

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I've never even heard of this guy.

4. Robi-Wan

Robi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2006
    Bates ruined the Halloween-music[face_not_talking]

5. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    I'm listening to the score right now. While I don't really expect much from film music these days, I was really hoping that Watchmen would have a deserving musical score. I cannot say that it's absolutely terrible (so far, it is a lot more bearable than the screeching electric guitars that dominate the Twilight score), but I don't exactly like it, either.

6. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    The music in-movie is about as lame and hacky as I'd feared, but the worst music in the film was actually a few pop songs which, on their own, are fine pieces of music, but were just so oddly placed that they stood out as 'bad' worse than the score.

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I don't even remember the invisible score; I just remember the bad pop songs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.