LA, CA Watchmen

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Varekei, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone else interested in seeing this movie? Should we have another group date? I don't even know where it's playing, yet. But I thought I'd just ask in advance.
  2. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Wow, you beat me to it VK2 :eek:

I was gonna post a thread next week because I know it comes out 2 weeks into March.

I assume we're gonna have to do a Saturday meeting for this so we can eat and catch the movie.

So yes, as VK2 suggested, post here for suggestions.
  3. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    It actually opens one week into March.:p

Anyways, I'd love to go, so as long as something terrible doesn't happen, count me in.
  4. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    "The world will look up and say, 'Save us!' and I'll whisper: 'No.'" ;)
  5. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Blah blah blah :p

Ok, so I'm thinking the 7th? Where do we go? Burbank? Sherman Oaks? Hollywood?

I need suggestions people [face_peace]
  6. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    We are in for the 7th and either Burbank, Sherman Oaks or Hollywood are fine with us!!!!:cool:
  7. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Hollywood, Sherman Oaks, The Bridge, Rolling Hills & Santa Monica would be my picks.

I've never been to the Sherman Oaks Arclight & would love to.
    The Bridge is one of my favorite theatres.
    We had a great time at Rolling Hills.
    Santa Monica theatres are mostly on the promenade, which is just a really nice place to get together.
  8. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I need one suggestion per person please. Think of it as a vote. I'll start. Since MZ hasn't been to the Chinese, I think we should do the Mann 6 theater. Parking is cheap when it's validated at Hollywood/Highland right? Does anyone know if they validate at the Mann 6? If not, I'm cool with Sherman Oaks. So my vote is Mann 6 if they validate. If not Sherman Oaks.

Sorry for being a little indecisive :p
  9. JediVixen Jedi Master

star 2
    I have seen the movie.

Trust me, it is a visually stunning, stunning work.
    Please do see it on a good screen, preferably IMAX.

(And, please note that it has it has extreme fight scenes.)
  10. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    SJ I was just there the other day and Mann does Validate for 4hrs for the H&H Parking Facility, also Thx JV for the review of the film, looking forward to it more than ever!!!
  11. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'll definitely be buying the Blu Ray when it comes out.

Ok, I need suggestions and times please. If we're going to do IMAX, I need a consensus, if not, I'm choosing Mann 6.
  12. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Which one has the IMAX? Sherman Oaks? (I know it's not the Mann.)
  13. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    Sherman Oaks has no IMAX. I would love to go to the Mann. I just have to figure out how to get there and back.:p

But the Sherman Oaks Arclight is very accessible to me, if that helps.
  14. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I can offer to pick up MZ. You'd just need to PM me for directions and a phone number.
  15. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    If you could do that, it'd be awesome, Mike. PM'ing you now.
  16. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    " Another Happy Landing" I am glad that MZ and SJ are in talks, well just checked the Chinese 6 and no listing yet for tickets for Saturday here is the link: will update this thread when I know more!!!
    PS: MZ Mary says there is a station within 2 blocks of the Chinese, I will get more information tommorrow!!
  17. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    What does Sherman Oaks look like then? It's this weekend we need to figure out the ticket situation so we can all go.
  18. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    I saw Clone Wars in the Sherman Oaks Arclight, I really enjoyed it, great theater. I like that area. It's in the same complex as where I go for my production insurance, it's just a cool little area. I actually just shot at Up In Smoke Hookah Lounge there in Sherman Oaks on Saturday. It's a bit far from me (17 miles) but it's a nice area.
  19. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just checked still no ticket information online for the Chinese 6, here is the Arclight information and so far nothing is sold out for Sherman Oaks:
    ArcLight Sherman Oaks

Thu Mar 05, 2009
    12:01AM 12:15AM 12:30AM
    Fri Mar 06, 2009
    10:00AM 11:50AM 12:35PM 1:25PM 3:25PM 4:10PM
    4:55PM 7:00PM 7:45PM 8:25PM 10:30PM 11:15PM
    11:55PM
    Sat Mar 07, 2009
    10:00AM 11:50AM 12:35PM 1:25PM 3:25PM 4:10PM
    4:55PM 7:00PM 7:45PM 8:25PM 10:30PM 11:15PM
    11:55PM
    Sun Mar 08, 2009
    10:00AM 11:50AM 1:25PM 3:25PM 4:55PM 7:00PM
    8:25PM 10:30PM 11:55PM
  20. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I need feedback from the rest of you guys. I'm cool for Sherman Oaks but they only validate for about 3 hours. If we want to eat, we'll need to go somewhere else so that we don't get charged for parking. The only other option really is Burbank so that MZ can join us.

I'm thinking of either the 745pm showing or one after so we can meet up and get to the movie on time. Everyone and anyone is welcome to join.
  21. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's the link to The Bridge.
    http://events.la.com/los-angeles-ca/venues/show/45808-the-bridge-cinema-de-lux

Here's the Watchmen times for Saturday: 12:20, 1:20, 3:40, 4:40, 7:00, 8:00, 10:30, 11:30.

Here's the link to the Watchmen at the Mann in Santa Monica:

http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=600&showdate=4
  22. Waffllebot Jedi Knight

star 1
    waiting until next month for the director's cut to come out in theaters.
  23. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah with work and all I think we are doing the same!!
  24. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    I think the 7:00 or 7:45 PM showings would be best. We can get dinner beforehand at PF Chang's or Cheesecake Factory, and it shouldn't take too long. I suggest we meet around 5:00 if we see the 7:00 showing, or 5:30 if we see the 7:45 showing.

If we go to the Arclight I won't need a ride there, but I might still want a ride home because it'll be late when we get out.
  25. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    If you just leave that ArcLight late enough you don't even need to pay for parking, validated or not. ;)

Erik and I parked in the parking lot there for Clone Wars, we left the theater at like 2 in the morning or whatever, and the gate was wide open, nobody there. Ok sweet I'm not paying, buh-bye! It was hilarious.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.