Nov 15, 2002
    For the SWCCG.

{The only game with Objectives.}

4. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Not true. Young Jedi has objectives....

:)

For good SW:CCG Watto decks, try decktech or Decipher's deck design board. There's several different options for Watto decks; it's one of my favorite deck types!

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Try using the Search And Destroy thing. Just start with You Cannot Hide Forever (not the combo, as your opponent might start the Don't Do That Again effect) as one of your starting effects, and use it to get S&D. If you flip on the first turn, like all good Watto decks should be able to do, you will cause 3 Force loss (2 from "bluffing" a card, and 1 from S&D). This start also heavily punishes space decks, or any decks that can't occupy battleground sites easily.

6. Rypcord

Rypcord Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2002
    My biggest problem is going to be QMC... any help against that? I've scoured DeckTech and Decipher's board, but theres no advice about how to stop QMC.

7. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    What kind of QMC? Battle Avoiding? CC Celebration? Combo of both? ...

8. MareTino

MareTino Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    Play with Reegesk [V] and start with the new effect to search for him. Do start Mob Points combo, you need the system. If they playt Don't Do That Again, get S&D with We Must Accelerate or drop a ship to Rendili if it's safe.

The fast force loss, combined with a continuing pressure will win you most of the times vs QMC.

9. Rypcord

Rypcord Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2002
    Red, its a combination of CC Celebration, with the Arcona's avoiding battles.

I'm using a couple Senses and Ghhhk-Combo to cancel the Reacts, but then he just paths away, and I lose like 8 force from all of this due to the Combo Effect of Do or Do Not/Wise Advice.

And then he just Hujix's afterwards.

He does use the Don't Do That Again Shield, I don't have that with me, does the shield cancel mob points too?

10. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Ah okay.. you might try Endor Occupation (Used 5 from Endor) to cancel the Celebration, Commander Nemet (from Dagobah) and/or Captain Bewil (from CC) to stop the Arconas and who can be quite nasty in general if used right, and Allegations of Corruption to get those Paths out of your opponent's deck. Bewil stops them from using the card period, forcing them to battle you--which is what you want :D (I can attest to this card's usefulness as it used to be a staple in my deck through Special Edition). Just some suggestions to look into off the top of my head. Personally, I hate this deck as I 'hit' everything in sight (even JK with EJP Dengar and a non-Fish destiny) and I STILL lost to the stupid thing.

11. MareTino

MareTino Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    When dealing with Arconas the only card you'll need is First Strike.

Let him move away his Arconas, as long as you retrieve and he loses Force that's okay. And when you have taken over the system it's game.

12. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    With Endor Occ you don't need to take control of the system. Believe me, with the Falcon, Outrider, and Blue Squad 5 sitting there, it's easier said than done.

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I think the combo version of Endor Occupation would work better, because you can always use it to pull any holograms you might have in your deck, or simply to recycle a 5.

14. Rypcord

Rypcord Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2002
    Thanxs everyone.

Here's my deck currently: {Minus the above thoughts}, tell me what I should take out for the above cards:

Start:
    No Money, No Parts, No Deal
    Tatooine: Mos Espa
    Tatooine: Watto's Junkyard
    Prepared Defenses
    You Cannot Hide Forever
    Colo Claw Fish
    Ket Maliss [v]
    Fear is my Ally

Shields:
    Do They Have a Code Clearence
    Reactor Terminal [v]
    Come Here You Big Coward
    There is No Try
    Battle Order
    Secret Plans
    A Useless Gesture
    Death Star Sentry [v]
    Allegations of Corruption
    Oppressive Enforcement

Locations:
    Coruscant: Docking Bay
    Death Star II: Docking Bay
    Endor

Starships:
    Exectuter [DS2, the only one I own]
    Zuckuss in Mist Hunter
    Bossk in Hounds Tooth

Vehicles:
    Blizzard 4
    Tempest Scout 6

Weapons:
    Darth Maul's Double Bladed Saber
    Mara's Saber

Effects:
    Blast Door Controls
    Search and Destroy
    The Phantom Menace

Characters:
    Darth Maul [tatooine] x2
    Watto x2
    Darth Vader x2
    Reegesk [aka Gollum] [v]
    Dannik Jeriko [v]
    Greedo [v]
    Brangus Glee
    Aura Sing
    Djas Puhr
    Janus Greejatus
    DR. Evazen & Panda Baba
    Bobba Fett, Bounty Hunter [Ref3]
    4-Lom with Concussion Rifle
    Mara Jade, The Emperor's Hand
    Emperor Palpatine [DS2]

Lost Interrupts:
    Ghhk
    Always Thinking With Your Stomach
    Control

Used OR Lost Interrupts:
    Force Field
    Force Ligtning
    Ghhk & Those Rebels Won't Escape Us [don't own anymore]
    Oota Goota Solo? [v]
    We're All Gonna Be A Lot Thinner [v]

Used Interrupts:
    Imperial Barrier x3
    Sense x4
    Projective Telepathy x3
    They're Still Coming Through!Trample
    Blow Parried

Welp, there's the deck. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanxs!

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Add 1 or 2 more Wattos. Never run fewer than 3 in a NMNPND deck.

16. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    I'd suggest taking out the following for Captain Bewil, Endor Occ (combo.. if you have it), another Watto (if you think you need it), a few more 2/0 sites (Mos Eisley would be decent consideration), and a couple more ships (maybe even Thrawn and Fel):

Endor (Don't use systems if you can't defend them or use the opponent's 2 Force icons to your advantage)
    Tempest Scout 6
    Search and Destroy
    Control (One Control really isn't worth it)
    Sense x2
    Projective Telepathy
    Trample
    Blow Parried

17. NissoJape

NissoJape Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    why do you have only two weapons?

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Weapons really aren't very useful in the grand scheme of things. Most top decks only use a few weapons,.

19. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    i know, but what fun is that, i 'll post my deck so you guys can see my level of fun.

20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    There's little fun in using weapons that don't benefit your deck's ability to win.

For example, my Profit deck uses the matching weapons for Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Obi, Panaka and Amidala, because my deck is built around direct damage with weapons (Rebel Artilleries), and eliminating threats to Han (SATM/Blaster Proficiency combo).

But you should never include weapons just for the sake of including weapons. Only use them if they're either:

a) Pullable via Sai'torr Kal Fas
    b) Can do damage to the opponent if they're not battling you.
    c) Help your main strategy out (e.g. you need sabers in order to duel more effectively)
    d) Are high destiny
    e) They make the target forfeit = 0 or cause Force loss when you hit

21. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    do you guys (excluding tournaments of course) just play to merely win, how lame, don't you like huge space and groundbattles, like how it would be in real life?

22. Rypcord

Rypcord Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2002
    Red84:

Why would you take out Search and Destroy? You can pull it first turn and force a loss of 3 first turn, and if their playing non-uniques they will be losing every turn, and if they get a bad hand, you can make them lose on their turn as well. PLUS, it doesn't hurt you, I honestly see nothing wrong with it.

I'd love to see your explanation as to why to take it out, thanxs.

23. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    NissoJape, I do play to win, which is why I make my decks as good as they can possibly be. Playing for fun is all well and good (and you can have fun playing a tourney-style deck), but you shouldn't reduce your deck's effectiveness so you can have more fun.

Both of my decks are a lot of fun to play, and they win a lot too.

24. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    I'm not saying it's a bad card by any means. The list I gave was merely suggestions. Only you know what you need to tech for in your area.

I'd like to know how you're getting a player to lose 3 Force first turn.. how you're occupying two bg's first turn (simply to keep the Effect on table).. and what 4+ destiny characters players are using in your area to even activate the text as much as you're implying/hoping :)

My philosophy is this: If the word "if" is attached to my reasons for using the card, then that usually means I can put in something more useful.

25. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Well i guess winning is fun, but i would rather see my opponent making huge armies to rival mine, i don't like choking them to death through force drain. I guess it's each persons liking. I do have the cards to make a tournament style deck, and tried it yesterday and i absolutely murdered my cousin when we decided to play "the real way" it took me about 20 minutes to take away all of his cards (thank you mr. Executor, which i was able to deploy on fondor third turn) but then i trid the regular way (my regular way) and had so much fun, sure i only had a 10 card reserve/force deck....but i reshuffled them....i simply just find it more fun to have a deck that resembles something like real battles. I wish there were cooler ground tanks....i mean if you think about it, walkers would be so inneffective, just send a missile into it's legs....but i don't want to get into star wars inefficiency, i'd be here all day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.