main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wave 2 Figure Spottings

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Count_Saruman, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count_Saruman

Count_Saruman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2002
    Hey I think that some of us in the chapter enjoy collecting.

Lets start a collecting thread that we can report to once (or soon after) we make a score. That way we can promote healthy collecting here in the SL Valley.

Maybe store name, location, date etc.

2. DarJin

DarJin Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2001
    I'm a collector, of toys and most anything SW related. Sounds like a good idea to me.

3. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002

There was a Han Solo, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Mace Windu (Geonosian Rescue) and Jango Fett (Final) at the TRU on State Street in Murray.

Some guy beat me to 'em, but I'm still looking...

4. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    My name is allen- and I am a Star Wars collectaholic... :)

sounds good to me-- im still trying to spot a Dooku, Luminari, Senate Guard and Taun We- However- the new Luke and Vader would superceed any of those !!!!

5. FiveHorizons

Mar 19, 2002

I'm still looking for a Nikto, Dexter, Royal Guard, Taun We, Luminara, and Geonosian.

6. sithslayer99

sithslayer99 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    I am also a action figure addict. I just bought a Lord Dooku at www.toysrus.com they get hard to finds every once in awhile but they go super fast, only if your lazy like me and willing to pay $8.99 plus shipping. Now I'm missing Royal Guard Coruscant Security,Yoda, Taun We Cloner,Luminara Unduh,Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue,and of course the new Bespin Luke and Vader.

7. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    I see lots of Dexters and Niktos at Sandy Wal Mart and K -Mart-- I'll be hitting Sugarhouse TRU tomorrow morning.

8. darth_toad

darth_toad Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    I am Looking for Mace Windu Rescue, and Jango Fett Final Battle. My mother in law picked me up a COunt Dooku in Disneyland at the star tours store. She said they have lots of figures.

I would check the Wal mart in tooele. I might go there tomarrow. I got most of my figures there.

www.brianstoys.com will have all the figures, but they jack up the prices too much.

9. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    SUGARHOUSE TRU HAS DOOKU, LUMINARI, ROYAL GUARD, AND TAUN WE!!!!! I picked up 1 of each and there are between 3-8 of each. There are also a small amount of Yoda, and HD Anakins! Another thing they have alot of the last wave of the POTJ line as well as the deluxe Amanaman and Leia w/ Sail Barge Cannon for 4.97!!!! Jump on this quick!!! Course in a bout a month or so Dookus will probably be .97 a shot- and not a single Padme will be found...

10. bamm

bamm Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    I just came from the TRU in Murray and they have a ton of stuff. I got the Darth Vader, Luke, Jango and Mace figures. Plus all 4 preview figures I missed out on. There is still a few of everything there.

11. FiveHorizons

Mar 19, 2002

*Thud*

[Door slams and car engine revs...]

12. Count_Saruman

Mar 29, 2002
    Just a verification for everyone. They have all of it at both TRU's. Walmart (fort union) had the Massiff wave yesterday, but I didn;t have time to check today. I was one of 2 people today at the Murray store and I bought:

Darth Vader Bespin
    Luke Bespin
    Mace Windu
    Jango Fett

They had (i dont collect these) Mace 12 inch.

I was surprised that I dind't run into Allen at the Sugarhouse TRU. I was there at opening and testify that they had probably 15 Dookus and Yodas a grip of Royal Guards, Taun Wee, etc. They had Dookus aplenty (like 5 pegged and to the side they had 7-8 of his case assortment on the ground)
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!

This thread needs to be supported, it really helps us out!

13. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    JACKPOT!!!
    I just hit the Wal-Mart across from South Town Mall and they had EVERYTHING!!!
    Liminara
    Taun We
    Dooku
    Royal Guard
    Jango Fett Final Duel
    Geonosian w/Mastiff
    Yoda
    HD Anakin
    Endor Trooper -bearded
    Orn Free Ta
    Bespin Luke
    Bespin Vader
    Mace Windu - Geonoaisn Rescue
    and more....! I spent mroe today that on the 23rd!!!! This is great!

14. sithslayer99

sithslayer99 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    I just picked almost everthing allen did at that same walmart about an hour ago way cool.

15. FiveHorizons

Mar 19, 2002

I just got back from the Murray TRU and got Taun We, Luminara, Vader, Luke, and the Royal Guard...

Has anyone seen Han Solo? Or when does he come out?

I might go to the South Towne later to get the Geonosian warrior / massif later today, beings how I already have a dark lord.

16. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    the next wave will include the pilot obi wan, han, chewie, palpatine and others- probably not for another month or so-- i hope longer so i can catch up!! :)
    BTW that Geonosian w/Mastiff is about the coolest looking Ep II figure!!! great buy!

17. Count_Saruman

Mar 29, 2002
    I want to find that Massif! It looks like a great figure. Hey I have a question, I know that dooku is not that much of a rarity but I have an extra one (picked up one for friend, friend flaked out) that I am planning on returning it to the store. But I have been looking for weeks for a Eeth Koth to no avail. Does anyone have an extra Koth that they would like to do a straight up trade for a Dooku Dark Lord?

just wondering!

Great thread started here nonetheless!

18. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    the only time i have ever seen an Eeth Koth was on 04/23 and that dissapeared about as fast as the Dookus did. I was lucky to snag one-- but just one [face_plain]

19. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    No Eeth Koth but I NEED to get me a Dooku. It is one of the only ones I haven't been able to find yet. Let me know if I might be able to buy it from you.

20. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I was just at the Murray TRU. They had a bunch of Bespin Vaders and Genosian Rescue Mace Windu's and HD Anakin's but only ONE Bespin Luke. And it was in the hands of some little kid. I did ask if they had anymore of the Luke's, and was told that they got 4 cases yesterday, with only 1 Bespin Luke per case.

I got the Vader, don't like that Mace, so I didn't get it(I have the deluxe Mace Windu anyway). I went to Wal Mart on 5300 Redwood Rd, and picked up Luminara Unduli, and Qui Gon Jinn. After that I went to the West Valley TRU, and was able to score a Bespin Luke. There was also a ton of the Hangar Duel Anakin's at both TRU's.

At Wal Mart there were a ton of the Royal Guards, and Endor Soldier(bearded). They also had quite a few of the Orn Free Taa and Taun We figs, but I only saw the one Qui Gon, which I got. I now have all of the Jedi from the initial AOTC wave. Yahoo!

I can't wait for the next waves, especially Pilot Obi Wan, Tatooine Attack Anakin, Palpatine, and Han and Chewie.

21. Count_Saruman

Mar 29, 2002
    Tremonti: You mentioned that you are looking for Dexter Jettster. Murray TRU as of 6:00 pm Saturday had 7-8 at the bottom of one of the carts. Happy hunting!

There was even a vader left.

22. FiveHorizons

Mar 19, 2002
    Thanks, picked one up yesterday, and a Geonosian Warrior, still looking for a Massif, Qui-Gon, and Endor.

23. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    Looks like the HTF one for this wave is the Masiff and Bespn Luke. I hate budgets!

24. FiveHorizons

Mar 19, 2002
    Scored a Bespin Luke (non bloodied) at Murray TRU right before a rush of people canvassed and defiled the bunch.

25. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    I honestly don't foresee anything being all that rare. No TC-14's or R2-B1's or Acsention Amidalas or anything like that. I just think we'll be patient and eventually get them all in the stores-- no need to buy from the bloodsuckers online :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.