main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX *waves from australia*

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Pigalek, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    I thought I'd pop in to say hi to Maiden Lumpe
    *huggles carms*

oh and Hi to the rest of you too :p :)

2. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    G'day from down under. Since Piggles already started an Aussie thread, I'll make use of it.

A warm hello to Carmen and the rest of FF Austin Texas.

For those in any way confused I'm Sai from FFNSW, Aus. Besides the greetings, the other reason I am posting is because I have just confirmed that I'll be in the US during Feb and March next year for my cousin's wedding.

I'd love to stop by and say hi if I can. Carmen's international visit has given me a new perspective on the scope of FF. It would probably be only a day in passing, but hey, "It's my life, now or never" as Bon Jovi immortally put it.

I know I will be in LA and Vagas sometime late Feb early March, however I have only a vague conception of where Austin is in relation to those two cities. I was wondering if anyone here could enlighten me (I don't even know if Austin is near those two places or how one would get from one to the other, but see above quote for my rationale).

Thanks a lot and hope to see some of you next year.

3. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, I'm driving to LA from Austin for the holidays and it will take 3 days to get there. I think one could make it in 2 if you don't stop and look at the cool stuff, but that's a lot of non-stop driving. Just to get from the Texas border at El Paso to Austin is a 12 hour drive.
    -Anne

4. Sai-Mera_Saa

Apr 18, 2002
    Hummmm....

I just looked at a map (finally found one) and I can comprehend the distance now.

I will have to fly to Chicago for my cousin's wedding (which is in Michigan somewhere) so depending upon what flights I get back, I may be able to go LA via Austin.

It would be much more interesting than wandering out to Vagas with my family. :)

5. Sai-Mera_Saa

Apr 18, 2002
    Flights are muddled. I have no idea where I'll be when and if I have to be back for the start of uni.

*frowns at fickleness of airline companies*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.