main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI *waves hello*

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lady_tundra, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lady_tundra

lady_tundra Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    Hiya :)

24yr old resident of Madison here, lifelong fan of Star Wars. I found these boards while looking for groups of local people who share in my fascination with the Star Wars universe, so I thought I'd post and say "Hi".

Hope to have the chance to talk with some of you, it'd be nice to know some people who don't give me strange looks when I start babbling about Star Wars. Hehee

ladytundra

2. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    *gives a strange look* ;)

Howdy and welcome. Feel free to join in the fun, as slow as it may be... :eek:

I'm ToxicNed, the daring rep for the fine city of Madison. And I hope you enjoy your time here. :D

3. lady_tundra

Dec 4, 2002
    Weee! I feel so at home now. ;)

Besides watching and collecting Star Wars, I also partake in some gaming such as with Unreal Tourney and EverQuest. Anyone else anticipating the arrival of Star Wars Galaxies this coming year?

Yes, I'm easily exciteable... just to forewarn you. *is distracted by a random shiny object* MINE!

ladytundra

4. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    :eek:

Unreal Tourney (the first one) has been what's keeping me late at work the past few weeks! InstaGib and LowGrav = teh fun!

5. Azzgunther

Azzgunther Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Lady Tundra,

I'm also like...totally brand new here. A few more people and we'll have this place known as "teh coolizt parte evar".

I wish I could do online gaming but...I'm still at home...and the sith-mom won't get a freakin' cable modem. Grrrr.

6. lady_tundra

Dec 4, 2002
    I have the original, and just picked up UT2k3... perfect for taking out my frustrations on helpless bots. [face_devil] *BOOM* *splatter* *splatter* *evil laughter*

Although, I don't know how dangerous I can seem with a nick like "Kamikaze"... lol

The graphics in UT2k3 are incredible, however the gameplay so far seems very similar to the original UT so I'm not sure yet I can justify the $30-40 someone would have to spend to get it.

If you haven't heard about Star Wars Galaxies yet, I highly recommend it if you have any interest in experiencing life in the SW Universe. I'm already on a waiting list for it, and don't know if I'll survive the wait until February for it to be released. *grins*

*hugs*

Hiya, Azzgunther! It's great to finally meet people in the Madison area. :)

ladytundra

7. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Welcome Exalted Ones !!! Same to those Not-So-Exalted Ones. :)

Hey, ToxicNed, should we try to get a meeting together so these new people could actually meet us?
    Just an idea.

I'm sure we will be meeting after the holidays are over and the partying side-effects have subsided. :D

8. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Those were my thoughts exactly Rick. I was thinking the best time would be after the new year, maybe the second weekend of January.

9. Azzgunther

Mar 7, 2002
    True.

I'd be down for that. How much longer is AotC still on the Imax? Would anybody wanna drive up to Minneapolis to see it on a weekend? Just a thought.

10. lady_tundra

Dec 4, 2002
    Awww... no meeting ya'll for the first time while I'm tipsy? Hehee

My only question is this... can I bring a friend? I can use them as a sacrifice if we need one... [face_devil]

Geesh I'm hyper, too much sugar at work and I'm bouncing off the walls.

Must... calm... dowOOO! Shiny!

*has a feeling she's scaring people off*

ladytundra

11. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Yep, friends can be brought! Most assuredly! The more, the merrier... I hope. :D

12. Azzgunther

Mar 7, 2002
    Certainly...friends are welcome. The more sacrifices to the Monkey-God that we make...the more appeased will it be ;)

So...anybody know about the imax AotC?

13. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Monkey-God? ?[face_plain]

And I don't know about the iMax. I think it may still be running, but I'm not sure.

14. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    AOTC is still playing at IMAX theaters thru the next two weekends.

It is closer to go to Chicago than it is to go to Minneapolis though.

Of course, I probably won't be going to the IMAX to see it. I have more pressing matters to attend to during that time.

15. Azzgunther

Mar 7, 2002
    "Monkey God" .... I have no clue *shrug*

We've gotta sacrifice the friends to something though don't we ;)

If AotC is only on Imax for another 2 weeks I'd not be able to go either. Sorry. Do any of you read the books?

16. lady_tundra

Dec 4, 2002
    I've been reading the New Jedi Order series, but have missed the last few books.

*edit: Geesh... a few drinks with friends and my posting ability goes through the floor*

ladytundra

17. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    *waves shiny thing around* :p

18. lady_tundra

Dec 4, 2002
    Ugh... *eyes the shiny thing and makes a weak attempt at pouncing*

Hangovers are teh sux. Hehee

ladytundra

19. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    lady_tundra, what book are you up to in the NJO? We have a book club in Milwaukee where we are reading Star Wars books chronologically. We have read Darth Maul: Shadowhunter and are working on Cloak of Deception. We would like to do a separate one for the NJO but haven't got enough interested people.

20. lady_tundra

Dec 4, 2002
    Umm... I'm a bit behind, but I finished "Dark Journey" a while back. Mostly waiting to see if I get some of the next books for Christmas. ;)

I love the series, so I'd be interested in a book club. I haven't read much of the other SW books, so one focusing on the NJO series would be perfect :)

ladytundra

21. Azzgunther

Mar 7, 2002
    Ahh...you'll be very surprised about the way Han dies in Destiny's Way.

Just kidding :D

Isn't the NJO cool? I'm always on a 4 month withdrawal between books. Teh NJO R00x0RZZ!1!11

22. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    I haven't read a Star Wars book since the novelization of AotC. And I don't recall the one I read before that. =\

I guess the Star Wars novels in the EU just really don't interest me that much. Bring me my Robert Jordan, Philip K. Dick, Terry Brooks, Douglas Adams or Terry Pratchett and I'm happy. If authors can start getting out some quality novels in the Star Wars EU and not some of these "disposable" stories, then I'll start reading them again. Or I just have to borrow them from someone who already has them so I don't have to justify dropping the cash on them. :D

23. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Speaking of Robert Jordan, Jon - book 10 comes out early next year. I think mid-January.

Jeff

24. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Yeah, saw that on Amazon.com. I guess Jordan made the announcement that there's going to be 13 books in the series. So there is an end in sight! And the next group of books are supposed to be dealing with the times before the Breaking.

25. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Sweeeeeet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.