main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI *waves hello*

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lady_tundra, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Hmm..cool. I haven't thought about Wheel of Time in awhile. Now I'll have something to read in January.

As for SW books, they are all sort of week (in agreement with Jon) with the except of Zahn, who did a fairly awesome job. The rest sort of just..suck. Personal opinion only here so no flamage.

I'm so needing something good to read. I just hosed through the Dark Elf zillionogy and I'm screaming back through the LOTR trilogy sans the Hobbit. I'm in some weird sort of fantasy/sci-fi thing that I can't break out of until I just get sick of it. So if anyone has any good ideas aside from anything by Mercedes Lackey and Kevin J Anderson, I'm listening...

M

2. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I agree with you 100% on the SW novels. They all stink except for the original Zahn trilogy (his duology released a couple years back kinda stunk, IMO).

Well, this is KJA related, but the new Dune novel "The Butlerian Jihad" is out now (written by KJA and Brian Herbert). I'm torn. I'd like to read it, but it's KJA... Has anyone here read that yet? Odds are I'll end up buying it, but I just want any opinions...

Jeff

3. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    If you buy it and read let me know if I should be as afraid of that as I am... the potential for just badness is there and I can't stand any more disappointment from the series spawned by one of my favorite books..

Anyway, this is way off topic now so I should probably wave to Lady_Tundra just to get it back to where it should be.

M

4. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Marcy, suggestion for your sci-fi/fantasy itch... Michael Moorcock and his books about Elric of Melniboné. Interesting stuff. I also can't stress enough the fun of Terry Pratchett and his Discworld series. Imagine the humor of Douglas Adams placed in a fantasy setting. The end result is Pratchett.

5. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I think I've read something by T. Prachett, I just don't remember what it was...

Kingdom for Sale SOLD! or was that Terry Brooks. Hmm. I'll give it a whirl. School is done in like a week so I'll have a month to read. I'm sooo looking forward to doing something other than worrying about this *&$@(*% C crap.

M

6. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Hello and a belated welcome, I've been busy as of late. I'm reading the NJO too, havent read DW yet but I'm hoping to get it before Feb.
    So where in Madison do you live if I may ask?

7. lady_tundra

lady_tundra Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    Thanks for the welcome :) *huggles* *gasp*

Hrmm... I think this can best be answered using a themesong from a much loved show on classic tv.

"Movin' on up to the east siiiiiiide, to a deluxe apartment in the skyyyyyy..."

:p

ladytundra

8. Azzgunther

Azzgunther Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Hmm...Lady Tundra....we ain't be gettin' along hear? I represent fo' tha' west sidazz. Ya'll can keep yo east side snigiddy right their...don't be bringin' that here, hear? Word.

*Ahem*

I'm from the West Side (Middleton). Where is everybody else from?

9. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    I'm on the north East side, near Gardners and Blockbuster

10. lady_tundra

Dec 4, 2002
    Mmmm... Gardner's Bakery... I love driving past that :)

I'm a bit more towards Sun Prairie, but I know where that is well :)

ladytundra

11. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    I have an Oriental restaurant right in my back yard! :eek:

Oh, and I live in Middleton. :D

12. lady_tundra

Dec 4, 2002
    I use to work over by Middleton, right by Point Cinema.

The boss I use to work for would give us the afternoon off and took us all (all 4 of us... weee, big company :p) to see X-Men, Ep1, Ep2, Spider-Man and LoTR there. Hehee

I miss working there. Lol

ladytundra

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.