main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive ~*~<=Way of the Ninja=>~*~

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Teegirloo, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ Karen

~Konoha~

They were back in Konoha from their mission that was a success. They got a well deserved rest for a couple of days before they were back on another D-Rank mission, then another one and another. Two months since the Market Place mission had passed. In between time Yuudai was able to get the second stage of the Rasengan down after being taught by the Hokage. Seishou worked on controlling his spirits better and Karen was able to train with her kekkei genkai, using her ice crystals to perform jutsu.

They also worked on team strategies, making them a much stronger team than they were before. It has been two months since they had their C-Rank mission. The team was evolving nicely, which made Izumo Sensei proud. He walked toward his team with a tooth pick in his mouth. He got the habit from other Jounin and now was seen constantly with it.

?Hey Team Nine, I have some news for you. I have entered you in the Chuunin exams. I just thought all three of you have been doing great with your teamwork and individual skills. I felt that rewarding you with this would be a nice gesture.? He smiled at his team hoping that they take it well. Karen smiled brightly at the news, nearly forgetting what she was doing, and caught herself be fore se dropped her plate.

"Thank you Izumo sensei! Oh, I must tell my parents at dinner tonight." Karen said happily, almost as if she had phased out, and had began to day dream of what it'd be like to be a Chunnin.

Tag ~ Tee

IC ~ Onikami

~Konoha~

The Lee family was safe and back in Konoha after the ordeal with the Wu Clan. The mission was a success and Tatsu Sensei was proud of them. The way they worked together and were able to help save the family was a feat that marked a true ninja in their sensei?s eyes. It?s been two months since their mission in the Tea Country, they did the usual low rank missions and another C-Rank mission. They had training to their own specific needs which Tatsu Sensei encouraged. Over all it made Team One, become one of the better Genin teams around, much to Oni's happiness.

Eno, Akako, and Oni were busy doing some team reps before the Sensei came back from his meeting with the Hokage. Once he arrived he gathered them together.

?Looking good as usual Team One. Come here for a sec, I got something I want to share with you. Seems like the Chuunin exams are here again and I put forth all your names to enter. Hope you don?t mind. It will be in the Sand Village this time. We take turns in the near by villages when it comes to the exams location.? Oni smiled happily, knowing he'd get to visit his father's side of the family for once in quite a long time.

?You have to enter as a three man?I mean three person team.? He corrected himself after Akako gave him a raised eye brow.

?Thank you sensei, we wont let you down.? Akako said smiling her thoughts drifted away to the exams.

Tatsu looked at Eno and Oni, wondering if they wanted to take part of it or wait another year. He didn?t mind either way, he was glad to be apart of this team.

"Thank's Tatsu sensei, I've been wanting to see good we've been getting, plus I'd like to see gramps, maybe I might be able to cram some training with him." Oni said, sheathing his sword. "Dad'd be happy to return to Sunagakure and it's dry arid climate again." Oni mused to himself.

Tag ~ Team One

2. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Uchiha Tatsuya
    Konoha

Returning from the mission, Tatsuya had immediately headed home. Though it had been a success, Tatsuya really didn't want to talk about it. For the first time he was happy that his father didn't want to hear much about his daily exploits. Yes, all Tatsuya wanted to do for a couple days after he returned was rest and train. Train his sharingan, hone his skills, and do anything he possibly could to forget about that mist ninja.

Following that, the team came together for more training. It was great to work with them again, and he had began to better develop his teamwork with Manami. Jiraiya, however, was a different story. No matter how hard he tried to work with the other boy, he was always shot down. Jiraiya kept trying to push him away, especially when Tatsuya used the sharingan. He just couldn't understand why Jiraiya would be willing to hurt their team like this just because of some personal grudge. He'd really thought they'd worked through all of this before that Mist ninja had arrived. Once again, that Mist ninja. It all came back to him.

Two months of D rank missions and one extra C-rank later and the team was at least working as a cohesive unit, even though outside of teamwork Jiraiya had become even more distant. Tatsuya had been working very hard to become a better ninja and believed he had come a long way since he'd entered the academy two years ago. He couldn't believe it'd already been that long since he'd first learned the arts of the ninja. Even the memory of the Mist ninja had faded to memory. The fear just a soft glow that burned at the back of his mind. The team had been far too busy, but at least it had helped them grow.

Tatsuya had even grown back into his cheery self, even telling his father about all of the things he'd been doing lately. He still hadn't told Sasuke about the sharingan or the Mist ninja, however. He didn't want to needlessly worry his father with these events just yet. Of course, if Sasuke truly were paying any attention, he would easily recognize Tatsuya's recent rapid growth and figure out at least that his son had awakened the Sharingan.

Today was no different as Tatsuya rose from his bed in the early morning and headed out to train. Kenji-sensei had requested they meet him at mid-day, but that left plenty of time for Tatsuya to train. Today would be shuriken and kunai practice, along with some training with the metal wire considering its importance to his dragon fire technique. After a nice morning workout and small lunch, Tatsuya headed towards the meeting place.

Once all the Genin were sitting Kenji Sensei began to speak.

?First of all I want to tell you how proud I am being your Jounin Leader. You have made remarkable progress since you became Genin. There is still some issues regarding teamwork, but overall I think you have done well and deserve to have an opportunity that I am about to inform you about.?

Tatsuya began to wonder just what kind of an opportunity Kenji-sensei was speaking about. His first thought was that they might have a B or even A ranked mission. But he doubted that the Hokage would allow them to take on a mission of those importance, even with the two C-rank successes under their belts.

?I have nominated all three of you to enter the Chuunin exams. These exams are for a three person team only. If you do not wish to take it then please say so now. I will say that if one of you does not participate then none of you can. Again the requirement is a three person cell. I do not want any of you to pressure one another to join. It must be at your own decision. I think all of you are ready for this, but the decision is ultimately up to you as a individually and as a team."

Tatsuya's jaw dropped for a split second at this. Many things began to circle through his head as he wondered just what was going on. As he sorted through his thoughts, he realized that none of them were fear. The faith that Kenji-sensei had in them had totally drowned out any notion of fear he might've had when faced with the next step t

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Daitô Shirô
    Konoha

Shirô hated training to be a ninja. This was more or less an established fact by this point, but nothing helped to reinforce this opinion quite like two months of back-breaking physical labor... in his full equipment. To make matters worse, his father had berated him, suspended him from smithing practice, and confiscated his hammer and anvil, and had told him they wouldn't be returned until he was a Chuunin, which made quitting anything but an option.

So it had not come as a surprise to Mrs. Daitô that Shirô had begun training rather furiously with one of the spare katanas that were lying around the house, despite how taxing his missions were. There were but a few logs that had escaped the unbridled rage of Daitô Shirô in those two months, the rest chopped in four or more pieces of varying size and length. It was somewhat cathartic, but on the whole he hadn't forgiven his sensei or his father.

Thus, he found himself sitting cross-legged, staring up at Kotesu-sensei with no small amount of distaste in his eyes, when it was announced they had all been entered in the Chuunin exams. Shirô blinked in disbelief.

Alec, good student that he was, accepted immediately, before turning to gauge Shirô and Nukaro's responses. Shirô grunted, and then unsheathed his sword, holding the blade parallel to his face and examining it closely. "Honestly, Sensei, I'm probably not ready, but I need my hammer back. I've really got no choice," he sighed. "I suppose if you think I'm ready you're better at this sort of thing than I am, anyway."

He waved the blade around a few times at arm's length before re-sheathing it. "Just don't blame me if I screw up and look ridiculous as always," he finished. Yeah, it was a bit rude, but really, he was just tired of it all. What the hell was so important about being a ninja, anyway? How it could possibly be connected to smithing still eluded him, and he really would've just preferred to retire early.

TAG: Team 8

OOC: Shirô's pessimism and disillusionment do not reflect my opinions, period.

4. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Cho-Tana Hakkai
    Konoha

~Scroll Test ~

The scroll test had been a success. The team had worked together admirably through the stress. Sensei Zurui had played many tricks, as Cho noticed the landscape looked a bit .. different. Had he used genjutsu? She couldnt really tell, but she was not going to complain. And it didnt mater, as they eventually found the scroll and sparred with his wind clones, and she began releasing some very pent up frustrations on those clones.

After that, it was two hard months of training. And D-rank missions. At least no dead bodies here. Just simple, mind boring stuff. It made the training look good by comparison. Tsume's little shocking graps, as Cho started to call them came a bit more frequent. Made for some interesting new hair styles.

But still...

Dark thoughts nagged at her. In her dreams, she heard whispers, but nothing she could make out clearly. It was something she felt, but could never seem to piece together the pieces to make sense.

Weeks passed. She trained, not only on her lessons, but her own jutsu's as well. She had been working on a thought, and she began to experiment with it, whenever she gained free time. She was glad she did not run into Shikamaru.

~ Two Months Later~

Team Three just got back from a D-Rank mission clearing the litter from the river nearby. Zurui Sensei smiled at them as they finished their mission. He gathered them around and told them the news about entering them in the Chuunin Exams. He also mentioned that it was in the Sand Village and all three members were to go as a team.

Cho's stomach dropped. The SAND village? She tried not to think about that part, as Sensei continued. He told them it would be three weeks before the start of the exams, but they would head off a bit early to get a good place to stay.

Cho looked down at her toes. While she felt they were more than ready for the Chuunin exams, having to go to the Sand village was nagging. They would possibly be judged much more harshly than the others, because of the failure of their mission. And it was a team test. So all had to accept, or none would pass. After what THEY had gone through together, Cho thought they could do it. She just wasnt looking forward to seeing Gaara.

Cho looked up at Sensei Zurui. She simply HATED the fact, that once again, if one person failed, it could mean the entire team fails. She really hated that. She then sighed. "I think we should go. We are ready." she stated softly.

Once they were dismissed, she noted Tsume and Nikorasu heading off. She watched them, before she moved off herself.

There was so much more at stake now.

TAG: Team Three

5. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Sato Manami
    Hillside ? Konoha

As Manami pondered her decision, Tatsuya addressed Kenji-sensei. Although the surprise of the nomination had caught her off guard, and thoughts of self doubt had surfaced in her mind, after taking a few moments to contemplate her thoughts she calmed down and pushed the negative aside and started to look at the bigger picture. Their sensei had faith in them; the team worked well together and had a good mix of skills and abilities. And in the end, whether any of them became chuunin or not, all they could do was do their best. Tatsuya excused himself after saying his piece, leaving Manami and Jiraiya to make a decision. Manami looked at her sensei and bowed her head slightly in respect.

?Sensei, thank you for the nomination, your faith in us is a valuable and uplifting thing. I feel I would like to accept the nomination, but like you said, either we are all in this together or not at all. I feel we all have the ability to take this challenge on, and in the end all we can do is try our best. I have a great respect for this team and will accept any decision regarding participation without question?

TAG: Team Five, Tee

6. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    OOC: Luckily, I got over my writer's block. As well, this is just something Radiance had wanted to try out, so, why not? :p

IC: Hyuga Nikorasu
    Memorial and Whatnot

Nikorasu remained silent as his teammates talked. Things seemed to be working out, so there was little he needed to say. Unsurprisingly, Zurui showed up shortly after. Equally unsurprising, he told them they were doing a training exercise. Nikorasu folded his arms and stared at his sensei, coming close to hating him. He hadn't wanted to do this tonight. Well.... guess they'd have to.

The boy was equally silent as his teammates discussed strategy. The mission began and ended successfully... which was a relief. Apprehension had grasped Nikorasu as the trial began. Last similar exercise had ended disastrously. However, the three worked together perfectly.

Two months of dreary and dull D missions later and the team found themselves speaking with Zurui... though this was something that would alter their lives permanently. The Chunnin exams were coming up again, and Zurui had recommended them for participation. Nikorasu was hesitant to respond at first, but... they were ready. Nikorasu couldn't doubt that. They were quite possibly better now than they ever had been.

With a nod, Nikorasu spoke, "I'm in. We're ready, I believe."

As the three separated, Tsume pulled Nikorasu aside.

?Hey uh.. Nikorasu? about that favor I asked a couple weeks back??

Tsume looked behind him to make sure that Cho and Sensei were out of earshot and spoke to Nikorasu very low. Nikorasu furrowed his eyes for a moment, and thought back. It took him a moment, but then he recalled it.

"Oh yeah. THAT night. What can I do for ya?" Nikorasu said.

?Keep this between us okay? You can see Chakra with your Byakugan right? Could you maybe? look at mine and tell me if anything is weird about it??

Nikorasu folded his arms and considered it for a moment. Slowly, he nodded, not sure what to expect. "Yeah... I can take a look." With that, he prepared himself and spoke the quiet word, "Byakugan." He was amazed as always as the usual rush of images came to him. He was of the opinion that the Byakugan would easily overwhelm anyone not used to it. He saw everything, bugs, birds, his other teammates... but he wasn't focusing on them. It was hard to really see all that though, for now that he was really looking for it, Tsume's chakra really drew his attention. In retrospect, he had noticed it before, he had just never really seen it. His brows furrowed again and he remained silent as he looked over it. After several silent moments, he spoke again.

"Your chakra is.... wrong. It's supposed to flow. Looks kinda like a river, if you will. Swirling, flowing through your body... or perhaps like the air in a tire, constantly moving and shifting in and out of the whole area. Yours is.... broken. It seems.... kinda random, I guess. Like..... it's distorted, or static. It looks.... broken. I can't explain it. I've not seen or heard about anything like this. Maybe if there was a seal on you....." Nikorasu considered that for a moment. "Well.... no, I've never read of any seal reacting like this." He thought for a long moment more. "I... don't know if it's good or bad. I don't think I'm able to help. I'd recommend talking to Zurui or the Hokage... maybe even dad. He's seen a lot more than I have." Nikorasu shrugged. He felt bad about not being able to help that much, but maybe Tsume would think of something.

TAG: Tsume, rest of the team, Tee

7. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Inuzuka Tsume

"Your chakra is.... wrong. It's supposed to flow. Looks kinda like a river, if you will. Swirling, flowing through your body... or perhaps like the air in a tire, constantly moving and shifting in and out of the whole area. Yours is.... broken. It seems.... kinda random, I guess. Like..... it's distorted, or static. It looks.... broken. I can't explain it. I've not seen or heard about anything like this. Maybe if there was a seal on you..... . Well.... no, I've never read of any seal reacting like this. ... don't know if it's good or bad. I don't think I'm able to help. I'd recommend talking to Zurui or the Hokage... maybe even dad. He's seen a lot more than I have."

Tsume?s heart sank. He knew something had been wrong. But he smiled lightly in thanks.

?Thanks Nikorasu, I might very well see your dad about this?I don?t want to drag Zurui Sensei into my problems. I figure, the best person to ask about charka is a person who can actually look at it. Your dad has probably had more experience than anyone else in the village in that department. And you?re right, maybe the Hokage as well. If nothing else, Lady Hinata might know something. She would be right there with the Hokage of course?I find your dad kind of? intimidating, so I might have to go to Lady Hinata. Thank you for trying though, it means a lot to me, I just want to know if something like this is fatal or not? thanks again though.?

Tsume walked away with Tenro wagging his tail weakly. He roamed the streets of Konoha for a few hours, thinking about what he should do. He finally made up his mind and headed towards the Hokage?s office. Tsume put in a request for an audience with Lady Hinata and the Hokage when theyhad a few moments. Until then, he waited patiently on a comfortable bench in the hallway

?What do you think Ten??

The Wolf looked up at him and sat on his haunches.

?Ai theenk you wolly too mach.?

Tsume smiled weakly to his friend. Tenro was really coming along in his human speech.

?Maybe I do Ten?. But I would rather worry about nothing than never find out about something.?

Tsume shuffled his feet over the floor in which he could not yet touch from his sitting position. He pulled his beanie down close over his eyes and waited for the Hokage to call him inside.

Tag Tee

8. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Nominki Nukaro
    -Konoha

The past two months had been...fine. Other than the mission with Samari-san, they had been completing the rest of them with little to no difficulty. It probably was because the last couple of missions had been D-rank, but in any case, Nukaro felt that Team Eight's Team work was growing. He liked it. As for himself, the two months had progressed like this...

He had spent the time between missions working at his parent's ramen shop. The competition was growing fierce and his father had sent Nukaro on "assignments" to spy on the other ramen shops of Konoha. He had not stole, even though he would not have had a problem with that if it meant the survival of the ramen shop. All he had done was monitor the level of business activity and taste test the competition's food. A full arsenal of disguises at his disposal, Nukaro fooled the other owners by disguising as an old man with little boy(Mung), a traveling circus entertainer with his pet Falcon, Mr. Bottletops, and he even tried to imitate the Hokage, but his father stopped him before he made a fool of himself.

Training-wise, Nukaro had awakened a weapon master within himself. He now wielded two demon wind shuriken. His father had at first called him insane, saying that having one Demon Shuriken was dangerous enough, but two was suicide. He had laughed at his father, but after the first three trips to the hospital, he began to take it more seriously. Nukaro then dedicated himself to perfect the shuriken and its throwing styles. Throwing it on the run, throwing it in the air, upside down, and any other ways he could imagine.

He also spent time improving with Mung. The result from the Samari incident, where he could barely get off the ground, had angered Nukaro. So he and Mung had studied each other and Mung proceeded to teach Nukaro how to fly, but he had never gotten more than a few feet off the ground in practice. Mung had also helped him with his Vapor Charge. Mung would fly full speed within the vicinity of Vapor Charge and Nukaro would practice flashing to the location.

So when Kotetsu-sensei had offered them a chance to take the Chuunin Exams, Nukaro grinned and looked at his teammates. Alec was excited and ready, Shiro showed less enthusiasm and even seemed angry he had to go, but Nukaro knew deep down that he was excited/ How could he not be? Nukaro gave Alec a high-five and Shiro a pat on the back before announcing his response.

"Of course I want to go! Like Alec, I'm ready. I've worked hard for the past couple of months and now its time to show the Sand Village that they have no chance against us." Nukaro exclaimed as he shoved his fists into the air. It was now that he realized that Shiro wasn't dirty and he also had a katana. He would have to ask his teammate about that later.

Tag: Team Eighto!

9. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    IC: Haruno Sakura
    Hallway, Hokage Buidling

Haruno Sakura was walking in the hallway the led away from the Hokage?s office. Her bright pink hair bouncing as she walked. She was looking over some papers and wasn?t really paying attention to who was by her. She heard a panting sound and immediately looked up to se where the sound was coming from.

Just ahead of her on the bench was Inuzuka Tsume and his dog Tenro. It must have been Tenro who was panting. His small tongue hanging out as he relaxed.

?Hi Tsume, long time no see. It must have been two years since I had last seen you and Tenro. That was way back in the academy in my Genjutsu and clones class. Nice to see you.? she said with a smile before continuing to speak.

?Are you waiting for the Hokage? If so I am afraid he stepped out for a bit. Is there anything I can do. You seem worried about something.? her big green eyes stared with concern as she waited for his reply.

TAG: Radiance

10. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

Tsume looked up as a familiar voice addressed him. Tsume hopped off the bench and bowed respectfully.

"Oh hello Sakura Sensei. The Hokage stepped out...? Oh.. Well um, I have this issue that I think only Lady Hinata can help with... but.."

Tsume looked at the floor and pulled his beanie down tighter.

"My chakra is broken.."

Tsume's face turned beet red. He didn't know how to deal with something like this.

"Nikorasu said that it was broken. I know my chakra element is electricity but it's messed up my body... it's always on now... makes me shock people when I don't rub against anything... things stick to me because of static... and... Nikorasu said that the chakra itself looked broken, like static or something. I don't know what to do, I just want to know if it's you know... fatal or something...I have goals I need to accomplish, I'm not ready to go yet.. But.."

Tsume looked up suddenly, hope in his eyes.

"You're a medical nin! Have you heard of anything like this before? Can you help me turn it off?!"

tag tee

11. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    IC: Haruno Sakura
    Konoha Hospital

Sakura eyed Tsume as if studying him.

Oh hello Sakura Sensei. The Hokage stepped out...? Oh.. Well um, I have this issue that I think only Lady Hinata can help with... but.."

Tsume looked at the floor and pulled his beanie down tighter.

"My chakra is broken.."

Her eyes grew wider as if she was in shock. ?Broken? What do you mean broken.?? Before she got a chance to look Tsume who was holding even tighter to his beanie and looking depress resumed talking.

"Nikorasu said that it was broken. I know my chakra element is electricity but it's messed up my body... it's always on now... makes me shock people when I don't rub against anything... things stick to me because of static... and... Nikorasu said that the chakra itself looked broken, like static or something. I don't know what to do, I just want to know if it's you know... fatal or something...I have goals I need to accomplish, I'm not ready to go yet.. But.."

Tsume looked up suddenly, hope in his eyes.

"You're a medical nin! Have you heard of anything like this before? Can you help me turn it off?!"

There was compassion in her eyes as she looked at the young Genin. She indeed saw some static electricity generating from his hands. This was unusual and she knew that she would be the best one to find out.

?Let me take a look.? She told him as she placed her head on his chest. She closed her eyes and listened. To most people this would be considered unusual, maybe even inappropriate, but Sakura was the head Med-Nin. She learned everything she knew from Lady Tsunade herself. Therefore she was the most qualified for any type of medical attention.

What she wanted to learn was the rhythm of his heart and if she felt any static around it. His heart was beating faster than normal. She immediately told him to come with her to the hospital.

After they arrived to Konoha Hospital, Sakura ushered him to a room and had him lie down. She put some electrodes on him to scan his entire body. The testing took over two hours. Finally Sakura walked over to Tsume.

?What would you like to hear the good news or bad news first?" She asked

12. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

Sakura placed her ear against his chest, it was probably why his heart was beating so fast, he didn't really need to chalk it up to the static in his body. But he agreed to go to the hospital with her anyway. He really needed to find out what the problem was, or if in fact it was a problem at all.

Hours after they arrived, Tsume was still laying on a bed with electrodes strapped to his chest. He waited and waited for Sakura to complete her tests, and finally she came back.

Tsume sat on the edge of the bed, moving his hand over Tenro's fur, he watched it raise back and forth as he moved his hand due to static.

?What would you like to hear the good news or bad news first?"

Tsume looked down at Tenro, who wagged his tail comfortingly.

"It doesn't matter... any news is better than what I have right now. Just tell me how bad it is..."

tag tee

13. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Various Locales

?Thanks Nikorasu, I might very well see your dad about this?I don?t want to drag Zurui Sensei into my problems. I figure, the best person to ask about charka is a person who can actually look at it. Your dad has probably had more experience than anyone else in the village in that department. And you?re right, maybe the Hokage as well. If nothing else, Lady Hinata might know something. She would be right there with the Hokage of course?I find your dad kind of? intimidating, so I might have to go to Lady Hinata. Thank you for trying though, it means a lot to me, I just want to know if something like this is fatal or not? thanks again though.?

Nikorasu laughed softly. "Yeah, my dad takes some getting used to." He then flashed his friend a smile. "No problem. You'll be fine. Hey, I'll see you around. I have... eh... somewhere I want to go." He kept his smile on his face as they parted. He wanted his friend to know that he was there for him, and that everything would be okay. Of course, as soon as some distance had been put between the two teenagers, his smile fell. What he saw was.... troubling, he supposed. It was odd, and slightly worrisome. However, there was nothing Nikorasu could do about it. He sighed and then hoped that his friend would take his advice.

However, as selfish as it seemed, Nikorasu moved on to happier things. He had somewhere he wanted to go, and was quite excited about it... even if he was nervous. He walked with his hands in his pockets for a while, and found himself in front of a house. As he arrived, he leaned against a tree across the street.

It was Akako's house. He'd known the girl for... what... two years? Something like that. Odd that this had all started with her wiping the floor with him during Taijutsu training. They'd become good friends and now were.... more than friends? Nikorasu wasn't entirely sure, to be honest. However, he'd never been able to shake that nervous feeling that always came about when he was around her. It was especially hard this time, because in the two years he'd known her... he'd actually never been to her house.

And now... well... his shyness was kicking in. He stared down at his feet, his hands still in his pockets. His hair billowed in the wind, and he was reminded for the umpteenth time that he needed to cut his hair. However, he could never find the time while he was thinking about it. So, instead of hating it, he used it. His hair covered his eyes as he tried to keep the blush from rushing up to his face.

In all honesty, he wasn't even sure she was home. However, he finally worked up the courage and pushed off the tree, his hands still adamantly shoved in his pockets. As he came up to the door, he hesitated. What if her mom answered the door? Sure, he'd met her, but still...... what if? He shook his head, laughing internally at his stupidity. One deep breath later and Nikorasu tapped on the door.

TAG: Tee, others?

OOC: How I love romantic subplots. :p

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Cho-tana hakkai
    Wandering around

Cho wandered through the village. She had gone, after classes to take a peek, to see if what teams were going up for the Chunnin exams had been posted yet. It would be interesting to see who else from the leaf village would be going. She had gotten herself some dinner, and she had practiced with her jutsu's and her weapons. She had now started practicing with the hair pin she always wore in her hair, and using her two fighting fans as well. She walked past a rather peaceful lake on her way home. Cho liked to look around, and see what was going on within the village. A group of kids were busy playing outside. It reminded her so much of home. She watched them for a bit, before she continued her walk, humming softly to herself.

She gave a sigh. She wished she had a pet or companion right now. Something a bit smaller than the deer she normally tended. Then again, as much as she traveled, it would be hard to keep a normal pet. Maybe if she got lucky, she would get an animal she could summon, just like Sensei could do. That would be interesting. She decided that she would collect some more fresh herbs and plants for her medical pack. If they were heading for the Sand village soon, she might need them, and such plants would be difficult to find there. She had been studying her medical book very much and learning as many new plans as she could, while learning how to use the ones she already knew. It was relaxing to her. The last two months had been hard. As a team, they had gotten better at understanding each others signals. And as they learned new things, it was easier to adapt to those as well Tsume's little shocks were, while strange, nothing to worry about. Or at least she hopped so. Would really hate to get zapped from the Chuunin exams. Nikorasu seemed to be doing well himself. The two guys always seemed to get along, even when they were mad.

As Cho purchased some herbs, she thought about the exams. Hmm, earth users, in the land of sand. That sounded interesting. They would definitely have to be careful. Cho stopped long enough, to pick up a new book, before she began to head back home. Soon, they would be leaving, so that they could practice there. Cho checked her herbs. Yes, she would make sure she was ready for anything. She had heard that some got hurt during the Chuunin exams, and she wanted to make sure, that she had enough creams and balms, so that if any of her team got hurt, she would be able to help them, in more ways than one. It would be a busy night.

TAG:Any]

15. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    IC: Haruno, Sakura
    Konoha Hospital

Sakura could tell the concern on the young ninja?s mind. She walked a little closer to him before mentioning the results. She looked in to his eyes as she spoke.

?The bad news is ?..? she paused

?You are going through adolescence. The electricity going through your body increases with a certain height of emotion. So if you are depressed, restless or stressed then your chakra picks up on it by adding your natural element which is lightning to charge out of control.?She gave him a reassuring smile.

?It wont last long, the main thing is for you to relax your mind. Do some meditation exercises, this will help you to control the charge that comes out, so you are not zapping people.?She hoped that the news would make Tsume feel better. There was nothing wrong with him that would be harmful just utterly annoying at times, when he touched things. If he calmed himself down Sakura figured it would do the trick.

IC: Tochigo, Akako
    Tochigo Home, Konoha

?I?ll get it mom.? shouted a high pitched voiced that started toward the door. Akako was just about to leave to practice her new jutsu, when she heard the door knocked.

She opened it up and her mouth fell open in shock. In front of her was Nikorasu, the boy she had a crush on. It was more than a crush to her it was special. She hadn?t seen him in a long time. Both were on missions with their respected teams, it was hard for them to get away and see each other.

Now here he was standing in front of her, she noticed his hair was long. She gave a great big smile as her hand parted his hair to see his big clear eyes..

?Hey you, bout time you came?.....thought you may have forgot about me.? she joked at him before giving him a warm hug.

TAG: Chukles

IC: Nara, Shikamaru
    Walking around, Konoha

The day was nice and it was even nicer to know that he was able to get a day off. He was always at the Hokage?s beck and call. Of course he didn?t mind it. Only he wished he could have a bit more time to relax. Being the advisor to the Seventh Hokage was not an easy job. How he got it he had no idea.

Probably cause Naruto was not the smartest of ninja. He was the most powerful in the village but strategy wise he needed help. That?s where Shikamaru came in. He was the smartest one in the village. He never bragged about it. No that was never his style.

He was always the kind to be the laziest of the bunch. Never wanted anything more than to be an average shinobi, making an average pay. Get married to a not so beautiful but not so ugly woman. Settle down and have a couple of average kids. Retire when his daughter got married and his son graduated and became a respected shinobi.

Unfortunately you can?t make life do what you want it to all the time. Instead of his dream, he was here just walking along on one of his rare days off dreaming of another dream that probably won?t come true. As he walked he noticed a familiar face that of which was his adoptive sister. His dad had taken her in as a child.

He noticed that she grew a little taller and she was getting prettier. Great that means he would have to fight off the hordes of young males who want her attention. As a brother it was job to protect her from that. Not that she couldn?t handle it herself. She was becoming a respected ninja herself, though her last big mission was a complete failure. He knew that she was harder on herself than anyone else. He walked up to her as she had her hands full of herbs and balms.

?Hey Cho, what do you got there?? He said coming from behind her almost making her drop the herbs.

TAG: Ktala

16. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Akako's House

Nikorasu was looking at his feet and kicking at nothing as he waited.

?I?ll get it mom.? shouted a high pitched voice from inside. Nikorasu instantly dropped his head as a blush exploded across his face. Of course he recognized the voice. His hair hid his face, and he was now wishing her mother had answered the door.

He heard the door open and refused to look up, which was probably good for Akako. Nikorasu didn't see her mouth drop open or her stare of utter surprise. Unluckily for Nikorasu, he didn't see the broad smile that split her face at seeing him.

Nikorasu felt his heart stop as Akako reached up and parted his hair away from his face. His blush grew deeper, if that was possible. Despite his increased tan as of late, Nikorasu was still rather pale and the red contrasted greatly with his skin. After a moment he looked up into her beautiful blue eyes. They shared a look for a moment as Nikorasu let his gaze move across her face and take in her reddish-blond hair. He had missed seeing her.

?Hey you, bout time you came?.....thought you may have forgot about me.? she joked before giving him a warm hug. His eyes widened as she hugged him and his knees buckled slightly. Hadn't he gotten over this? After the surprise wore down a bit, he returned the hug and said softly, his voice near to her ear.

"Heh, like I could ever forget a-about you." He only stammered once, and was very proud of himself for it. He decided to return with a joke of his own. "Like you'd let me anyways." He chuckled slightly to himself before pulling back out of the hug to take a look at her. He was about to comment that she looked good, when his hair blew into his face again and his mind took a different path.

He brushed his hair away from his face and then asked, "Do you like it?" His voice was still soft as always, but she could easily hear him. "Been busy. I always forget to cut it. Not sure if I like it this long, in all honesty." He ran his hand through his shoulder length hair as he considered it...

He still considered it.

Well, he honestly had no idea if he liked it or not. So, he spoke again to keep from thinking about it. "I'll trust your opinion, fair lady." He gave a slight, mock bow and then waited for her response.

TAG: Tee

17. ShadowofMiracles

ShadowofMiracles Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2006
    IC: Ryuu, Yuudai
    Konoha

Their mission had been a success and Izumo had been very proud of them. When they returned to Konoha they were given a few days to rest then they were back on D-rank missions. Yuudai was hoping for another C-Rank mission, but he figured that the fact they even got a C-rank as new genin was miracle enough especially since they were victorious.

Each member of Team Nine trained hard for the last two months. They practiced their team strategies as well as on their own individual skill.

The Hokage had kept his word and trained Yuudai in learning the second stage of Rasengan which had been very difficult, 100 times harder than the first stage. It required of him to use force to make a rubber ball burst with chakra alone. He needed to concentrate on making his chakra stronger to make the chakra flow strong as well. However that required a lot of work and most of the time he just ended up injuring his hand from the strain of concentrated chakra.

At times his hand would go numb and he would loose all feeling in it. After a month he had managed to blow a hole into the rubber ball, it was the best he could do so far. When the Hokage had shown him the second stage he made the rubber ball explode with his chakra.

Yuudai had asked him for advice since his hand was getting a real beating from all he constant training. The Hokage had draw the Leaf Village sign in the middle of his hand, he told him to concentrate his chakra on that single point. Following his advice, Yuudai continued to train and eventually managed complete the second stage.

Only one more stage to go

Yuudai looked at his bandaged hand, it would sometimes start shaking, the strain from learning the second stage had left his hand very damaged. The medic ninjas told him he needed to let his hand rest for at least a week otherwise it would become useless to him.

The Hokage told him he would teach him the last stage after his hand was fully recovered. Yuudai reluctantly agreed, he really did needed to take a break.

?Hey Team Nine, I have some news for you. I have entered you in the Chuunin exams. I just thought all three of you have been doing great with your teamwork and individual skills. I felt that rewarding you with this would be a nice gesture.? He smiled at his team hoping that they take it well.

When Izumo told them he needed to tell them something, this was the last thing that Yuudai expected. The Chunnin Exams? Was he playing a trick on them or was he being serious? He knew his team was doing pretty well since they became genin, but it only seemed like yesterday that he graduated from the Ninja Academy.

Am I ready to take the next step?

Yuudai knew that becoming a Chunin meant that he would be given more freedom and he would be no longer bound to his team. But he wasn't sure if he was strong enough yet, what if he failed?

"Thank you Izumo sensei! Oh, I must tell my parents at dinner tonight." Karen said happily, almost as if she had phased out, and had began to day dream of what it'd be like to be a Chunnin.

The young genin looked at his teammate and her sudden off-look like she was daydreaming. Yuudai smirked looking back at their sensei, he nodded.

Even if he didn't feel ready, he had to try. There was no doubt that the possibilities of him actually becoming a Chunin were between slim and none, but it would be a good way to test his skills. Not to mention there would be other participants whom he could test his strength with.

The chunin exams wouldn't just be a test for a new rank, but to see how much he had progress in the last year. He didn't feel ready, but that didn't matter anymore.

TAG: Team Nine

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Cho-Tana Hakkai
    Walking around, Konoha

Cho was standing off to the side of a shops stall. She had just purchased quite a bit of herbs, and other product to make her healing balms, and was making sure she had everything she might need, when suddenly there was a voice behind her.

"Hey Cho, what do you got there?"

She had not heard anyone coming up to her. It took ALL of her training to not let out a girlish squeak, as she cliched her items, doing her best not to drop them. She immediately reckoning the voice. She had all but avoided him since that disaster of a mission. She didnt want to see the look of disappointment on his face. She coughed, as she turned her head slightly. "You sure can be silent, when you want to." she said, offering a half grin. She tried her best to offer a reassuring grin. She turned around, after making sure she had everything contained. "I just bought some more fresh herbs and such. Wanted to make sure that I had enough to make some healing balms, and to replace my med pack... just in case." She shrugged her shoulders. "The more I study that book, the more I seem to find out."

Cho tugged at her blue ribbon, as she quickly began to put some of the items into her pack. She looked back up at Shikamaru. "What are you dong out, Shikamru? You finally get a day off?" she asked him with a grin, as she finished putting up her items. She tried her best not to fidget around him. She had been putting extra time, since the last mission, learning more on the medical book, and her ninjutsu. Normally, she would have asked him for some help with it, but she felt she needed to learn this one on her own. She felt she had let her adoptive clan down, and she needed to fix it. So she studied like mad, to get it right.

"You buying anything?" she added, as she folded her arms in front of her.

TAG: Tee

19. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

?You are going through adolescence. The electricity going through your body increases with a certain height of emotion. So if you are depressed, restless or stressed then your chakra picks up on it by adding your natural element which is lightning to charge out of control It wont last long, the main thing is for you to relax your mind. Do some meditation exercises, this will help you to control the charge that comes out, so you are not zapping people.?

Tsume gave a sigh of relief. He wasn?t in mortal danger after all. He let his entire body fall backwards on the bed in a relaxed fashion. Both of his arms went spread eagle across the sheets and it was only when he brought them back up to cover his eyes, that he realized that the sheet had stuck to both arms and he had effectively wrapped himself.

?Okay? Meditation it is? thank you Sakura Sensei?. I really really appreciate it.?

Tsume found himself at home that evening. He now could turn his attention fully to the Chuunin exams. He was strong, but he had a large area to grow in. His lightning wolf Jutsu was almost second nature now, and he could sustain a full lightning wolf for a few minutes now. He still needed to perfect it, but he also had a Jutsu in mind that he needed to get to work on, first though, Tsume had some research to do.

Later that night, Tsume?s mother came to bring him his dinner, having not seen him at the table. She found him passed out at his small desk, drooling on a text book. Kiba came in and picked up his soundly sleeping son, and helped him to bed. Upon inspection, Kiba frowned. He closed the book and walked out with his wife.

?What is it Kiba??

Kiba looked over.

?Shouldn?t he be practicing his Jutsu and tactics with his squad for the Chuunin exams? Why is he studying physics? I know he is smart but? this hardly seems the time to take up a hobby??

Tsume?s mother simply shrugged and began cleaning up the kitchen.

Kiba simply sat down with Akamaru.

??.Physics??

----------------------------

The next morning, Tsume woke up and immediately took his book and Tenro out into the woods where he trained. The Genin boy had been out here often, as shown by the scarred trees and random targets plastered on them. When they reached the clearing, Tenro hopped off gleefully and began digging while Tsume sat down against a large tree to read more. A few paragraphs later, Tenro came prancing back with a long, sturdy stick that was three times as long as his body. The stick was really more of a pole, and in fact resembled an old staff. Tsume had cut it specifically to his liking, and had been practicing with it for some time in between missions. He had wanted to take up a more practical weapon for his missions, for he had realized that sometimes, a Kunai simply didn?t have the reach that a Ninja might need in a pinch. The uses of a Kunai were near unlimited, from emergency digging tool (only in absolute emergencies due to effectiveness), to ranged weapon, and even a close ranged weapon when called for. But there were other weapons that simply did the job better.

As such, Tsume decided to train with this wooden staff. He liked the weight of it, but realized early on that this would not be a suitable weapon. It was wooden, and could be cut and even broken. But for now it served it?s purpose. He was only training with it to get accustomed to it?s length and versatility, not to mention it?s applications in combat.

Tsume reached out and took the staff out of Tenro?s mouth.

?Thanks Ten.?

The pup sat down on his haunches and looked up wagging his tail slowly.

?Your?ll welcomm?

Tsume smiled down at his friend, they were both making leaps and bounds in their respective areas. Tenro was now able to be understood by people.

The Ninja stood after he marked his page and closed his book.

?Alright Ten, you concentrate on biped techniques today, I?ll practice a little bit with the staff, but I really should finish the chapter I am reading.?

A familiar scent caught Tsume?s nose be

20. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    IC: Hlaalu Eno

Ever since that Wu Clan mission, Eno and his team had their usual low rank missions. But that was quite alright. He needed a break from such a complex mission and some time to train.

Two months later, Tatsu sensei gathered the team for a meeting.

?Looking good as usual Team One. Come here for a sec, I got something I want to share with you. Seems like the Chuunin exams are here again and I put forth all your names to enter. Hope you don?t mind. Iit will be in the Sand Village this time. We take turns in the near by villages when it comes to the exams location.?

?You have to enter as a three man?..I mean three person team.? He corrected himself after Akako gave him a raised eye brow.

?Thank you sensei, we wont let you down.? Akako said smiling her thoughts drifted away to the exams.

Eno thought about it. It seemed like time to advance in rank. He needed to show his uncle that he was a powerful ninja and could take care of himself.

"I'll enter also." he said. He then turned around to Oni.

TAG: TEE

21. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005

************Squads Updates************

IC: Tochigo Akako
      Akako?s House

Akako giggled as Nikorasu acted like his shy self trying to hide his clear white eyes with his bangs. She kinda liked his long hair. She thought it made him look rather roguish. It?s that bad boy image that Akako knew was not even close to who Nikorasu really was. He was a sweet petal that blossomed in the bright sun. He always had a way to make her laugh.

She couldn?t believe that this was the boy she beat up along time ago in Taijutsu class. Now he has blossomed like that petal becoming a full flower. The shy boy comes out when he is nervous. Akako didn?t mind.

Nah I wouldn?t let you forget me. I would have to beat you up again.? She smirked as her hands helped to part his hair. ?Oh yes I like the hair but you don?t need to have it in front of your face. If you wear it like that you will need to cut it for sure. Maybe you can tie it up.?

Being with Nikorasu always felt like there was no one else in the world besides them. As if the world was their own and they could make whatever they wanted it to be. Nice and peaceful. Calming and soothing. Akako could live like this forever. She had a feeling Niko would too if he wasn?t so shy.

The day was getting late and Nikorasu had to leave. She smiled and hugged him before saying good bye. They never mentioned the Chuunin exams. It seemed when they were together nothing else mattered.

TAG: Chukles

IC: Nara Shikamaru
      Wandering around Konoha

Shikamaru didn?t mean to startle Cho though she was a ninja and should be alert at all times. He wasn?t going to press her. She probably had enough on her mind with the exams coming.

"You sure can be silent, when you want to." Cho said, offering a half grin.

Shikamaru couldn?t help but noticed the grin was not a full grin. Which he detected that she was worried about something. She started to put things back in to the bag and asked about why he was out.

?Yeah the Hokage decided to let me have a day off. It can be drag all work and no time to relax. But the village needs to keep running smoothly without any problems or well it could effect the missions we get. ?

?Walking around allows me to clear my thoughts, I wasn?t buying anything. Looks like you have enough for the whole village.? He chuckled as he looked at her bag that was fully loaded. He waved goodbye to his adoptive sister. He knew he could be a pest and didn?t want to get on her nerves anymore.

TAG: Ktala

????????????..............................

Story Arc: The Chuunin Exams - Unwelcoming

~Konoha, Village Hidden in the Leaf~

A week had passed since all the Leaf Genin squads were told about the Chuunin exams. Some mulled over with excitement while others were apprehensive at best. All the Jounin leaders concurred that even if the young ninja were not promoted to Chuunin, the experience alone would be good for them. It would give them an understanding of what it?s like to be a captain of a ninja squad. Because after all that is what a Chuunin is.

After a few pep talks by each of the Jounin to their respected teams, all but one stayed behind in the village. Kuuki Zurui, Jounin leader of Team Three was sent as a guide and ambassador to Sunagakure. Though Zurui would be the only Leaf Jounin, he wasn?t going alone. The Hokage had sent three other ninja all Chuunin rank to accompany Zurui, including Nara Makoto son of Nara Shikamaru and Temari of the Sand.

The Leaf ninja had the most squads entered of all the five shinobi nations. A lot of them were rookies and were not accustomed to being without their sensei for a certain period of time. To make the trip to the Sand quicker and feasible all the teams were separated in to four groups with Zurui and the Chuunins as their lead.

Team One, Three and Nine were to be lead by Zurui Sensei, while Team Five, Six and Eight were to be led by Nara M

22. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Nominki Nukaro
    -Sunagakure

Sunagakure was more than Nukaro could stand. And the trip. THE TRIP! It had been hell, or as close to hell as Nukaro could imagine it to be. There was sand and there were storms and then there were sand storms and besides having to carry an angry Mung across the desert, Nukaro had sand in his hair and his eyes hurt. However, once he was in the city, things had gotten better. First of all, the anticipation of the Chuunin Exams was in the air and Nukaro soaked himself in it. He had been smiling and even Mung, who hated most things, was more alert than usual.

After they had been given permission to wander the city, Nukaro decided to spend the trip money his parents had given him. First he bought some souvenirs, puppets, totems, and of course, he grabbed examples of the ramen in Sunagakure. The words of his father echoed through his head:

"Remember! We must be number 1! You are being sent to Sunagakure not only to become a Chuunin, but to scout the enemy's ramen. The first step to beating your opponent is learning what they eat!"

He bought Mung a salted tongue, while he munched down on a dry, honey roasted fish he noticed a giant rock that almost crushed him. Dropping down from a ledge, three Rain Ninja decided that they would taunt them. Nukaro stuck his fish into his mouth, grinned, then was about to respond, but a leaf ninja - Jiraiya, right? Yeah. - came charging from behind him.

Dang! This would not go over well with Sunagakure and would disgrace Konoha if the Leaf Ninja Genin became known as the "Bad Boys" of the Chuunin Exams. Almost choking on his fish, Nukaro tried to say wait, but seeing as Jiraiya was starting to perform hand signs, saw that he had to act now. Forming his own hand signs, Nukaro performed his Lightning Release: Thunderclap Flash jutsu, appearing out in front of Jiraiya. He reached to stop Jiraiya's hands before any damage, or more damage, could be done.

They already had seen Nukaro's jutsu and how hot-headed Jiraiya was.

"Don't you know that they are observing us!"

Tag: Team Five, Team Eighto!

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Cho-tana Hakkai
    Wandering around Konoha

Cho asked Shikamaru what he was doing out and about today. He replied, "Yeah the Hokage decided to let me have a day off. It can be drag all work and no time to relax. But the village needs to keep running smoothly without any problems or well it could effect the missions we get." Cho nodded, understanding the reasons. He continued. "Walking around allows me to clear my thoughts, I wasn?t buying anything. Looks like you have enough for the whole village." He chuckled as he looked at her bag that was fully loaded.

"Yep! Wanted to make sure I had enough." she replied.

She was surprised however, when he waved goodbye to her, and started to walk away.
    Cho took a step, but then stopped and grinned. She wanted to show him what she had been working on. But it could wait. She wanted him to be proud of her. Show him how hard she had been working. So she simply waved, watching him leave, before she headed back.

She and her team trained very hard, and tried to work on ideas for teamwork, for the upcoming exams. Once she went home, she was hard at work, preparing the herbs and balms she might need for the trip ahead.

----

The Chuunin Exams
    ~Konoha, Village Hidden in the Leaf~

The team worked very hard, to make sure that this trip to the Sand village would be better than the last. Cho was pleased to hear that Sensei Kuuki Zurui, would be sent as a guide and ambassador to Sunagakure. That sounded like an previlage of a type. They also heard that three other ninja, all of Chuunin rank were going as well, including Nara Makoto. Cho's eyebrows went up. Another clan member. He was the son of Nara Shikamaru and Temari of the Sand.

Zurui waited as all the Genin that would accompany him came. He introduced himself to the other teams then asked for introductions of themselves. A red head young girl with braids from Team One started first. She introduced herself as Tochigo Akako. Her big green eyes glanced at Nikorasu before quickly turning to the others. Her teammates Hio Onikami and Hlaalu Eno went next. Cho caught the glance. She choked down the urge to smirk. hehehehe. It was fun to look around. Some of these folks she had not seen since the academy days. Was it so long ago? So it was fun to see who they would be traveling with.

Afterward the rookies from Team Nine started to introduce themselves. The young blind boy named Raikaku Seishou went first followed by Kurohari Karen leaving Ryuu Yuudai as the last of Team Nine to be introduced. Team Three ended up being last as Hyuga Nikorasu, Hakkai Cho, Inuzuka Tsume and his nin-pup Tenro who spoke for himself finished. Cho had fun listening to Tenro speak. He was really picking it up, it was hard to believe sometimes. The blind student, she was surprised to see. She had not seem him before. But have been a late student. But, if he was here, then someone felt that they had a shot at it. Now THAT would be an interesting battle to watch indeed. Really, they had all separated into teams, right after they had found out what elements they all controlled. So she had not seem much or any of the things the other students could do. The exams would really be a learning experience.

Now it was time to leave.

Zurui made all the Genins go in to a large formation. Team One formed a line straight in the middle while Team Nine was scattered along the right side. Tsume and Tenro had the upper left side with Cho at the bottom left, while Nikorasu had the back all to himself. Zurui took the lead as they took off toward the Sand Village.

Cho pushed her nervousness aside, as she now concentrated on the task at hand. She knew where they were going, and what to look out for, so she had no trouble with the task. But in the back of her mind, she wondered what kind of reception the leaf village would get this time around.

-----

~Sand Village~

It took three days to get to the Sand Village, the wind was blowing hard and the sand swirled around. But at least they did NOT have to hide in that horrible cave again. She

24. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

The days passed quickly. On the final day before the Genin teams left, Tsume and Tenro were sleeping. Their training had taken it?s toll on both boy and wolf. Cramming their brains full of knowledge right before the test so to speak. It did indeed show the following morning when the Genin assembled at the main gates to the village.

Introductions were made, old friends got to see each other again. Granted, you would always see some familiar faces when you walked the streets, but it was only a time to speak in passing. Now they were all together again, the Rookies of the leaf village.

Three days on foot. Three days of a kind of malaise laid back attitude. They all knew that they weren?t going to get attacked. Someone would have to be insane to attack this many ninja at once. As it was however, they made it to the Sand village without incident.

Tsume and Tenro left the hotel right after Cho-tana, and walked along quietly, looking at the structures of the hidden leaf village. They were very different from what Tsume had imagined. It seemed like almost everyone in the village itself had some kind of lightweight robes on. Tsume himself had left his hoody at the hotel, being much to warm to adorn it. So he walked the streets in his black mesh ninja weave shirt with a white t-shirt underneath of it. Tenro was spread eagle on his head, getting some sun himself and protecting Tsume?s face from the sun.

?You are concerllned about Sand relations arllnt you??

Tsume?s eyes flicked up to the small muzzle just above his eyebrows.

?Yes. Yes I am. That and a little itchy to get the test underway. It is no longer a want Ten? I need to find out if I have what it takes to be a Jounin.?

Tenro stretched his legs out to the side.

?The only thing holding you back would be yourll mouth, Claw.?

Tenro had become accustomed to calling Tsume by the literal definition of his namesake. But the pup had a point.

?I know, that is why I am keeping quiet. We will let our actions speak for us okay??

Tenro smiled in that way that only canine?s can.

?Agreed.?

Tsume?s sensitive ears twitched slightly as he picked up a small commotion on the opposite side of the building he was standing next to. His eyes flicked up and down the building and he noticed that there was an electrical pole that almost reached the roof.

?..Hold tight Ten.?

Tsume felt his partner?s claws sink into his beanie as the boy sprinted at the pole, he gathered his chakra to his feet and ran straight up the pole, flipping over the top and springing off of the tip over onto the rooftop. He settled a shuriken onto a finger and stuffed both hands into his pants pockets. He liked to be prepared, whatever the occasion. As he came to the lip of the roof, he noticed that he was slightly behind the big guy with the white wrapped object on his back. Oni and Cho were already down on the street, it looked like Oni was the one that had accidentally caused the commotion.

He stood there looking down at the group of sand ninja. His beanie was already down around his eyes and he was slightly hunched over looking down. A menacing figure from the ground. He kept his mouth shut and his body loose. He would not be the one to spark another conflict with the sand, but he also would not stand by and watch a village rival fight get out of hand. Not to mention the fact that Cho was already down there and involved. She was trying to diffuse the situation and that mean that his teammate could plausibly be put in harms way. Tsume looked very lax, especially with Tenro on his head. He didn?t want to really stand out until the exams started, but he would protect his teammates and fellow leaf ninja.

For now, Tsume and Tenro waited. Most of his mind was hoping that nothing would happen. But then again?

..The smaller portion wished that he would get his chance to shut the Sand nin up. He knew his chance would come soon enough?.

Tag Cho, Oni, Tee

25. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Various Locals

Nikorasu flashed a grin at Akako when she gave her opinion of his hair. The two spent a little bit longer together, but it was already getting late, so they said their goodbyes and Nikorasu went home.

Training with his father dominated almost all of Nikorasu's spare time over the next week. He worked hard to perfect his jutsu, expand his Byakugan, practice with his staff... anything he could think of. He knew he had to be in tip top shop, and that would never happen if he just lounged around all week. He'd start the mornings practically dragging Neji out to practice before sunrise and only broke to eat a quick meal and return to it. His days ended when he dragged himself back in and collapsed on his bed.

As the departure time neared, Nikorasu did make time to do some shopping. He'd made this journey once, he was not about to be as unprepared as last time.

The day of departure arrived and Nikorasu met with the other teams. He was pleased to see that his sensei was still with them, something the other teams could not claim. The boy did not always like Zurui, but he had a lot of respect for him and over the past year or so the four... well, five, counting Tenro, had grown quite close.

Akako darted a look at Nikorasu and he flashed her a small smile. He was traveling with her, which made him happy. However, he knew there would be little time to chat, which did not. However, Nikorasu was excited and on edge, so he shoved that from his mind. He listened patiently as the teams introduced themselves. He believed he knew them all from the academy, but had not seen them since. His team introduced themselves and then Zurui organized them into a formation and the group left.

Nikorasu looked quite different today. His hair, which was now just above shoulder length, was tied back. He hadn't had enough to make a pony tail, so it kinda just flared out behind him, the rest of his hair pulled tight across his scalp. He also wore a poncho of sorts, that covered his whole body. Several of the others scoffed at him when they saw it, but when they got out into the desert, Nikorasu got very little sand in his clothing. As well, he had brought a pair of goggles, which did the trick and kept the sand from getting too much in his eyes. With these precautions and the uneventfulness of the trip, Nikorasu enjoyed it much more. He was guarding the rear by himself and got plenty of time to think.

Three days later and they were in the Sand Village. After getting checked in, the teams went to their hotel. Nikorasu stowed his gear in his room, taking only his kunai pouch with him, and joined the others in seeing the town. In all honesty he had little interest in the town himself, but he really didn't want to remain alone in the room. So, after returning to his normal garb, Nikorasu hit the streets.

Quite a few of the ninja were taking in the sites, and Nikorasu merely chuckled and shook his head at them. He was walking the streets close to Cho with his hands in his pockets when a commotion up ahead brought Nikorasu's gaze up. It appeared one of the younger Leaf Ninja had bumped into someone and they were unhappy about it.

The brute of a boy Expressed his displeasure and then proceeded to insult the Leaf Village. What is wrong with these people? thought Nikorasu. As far as he could tell, many of the best ninja were produced by the Leaf Village, so why in the world did everyone insist upon insulting it? It didn't matter though. Nikorasu paid attention as Cho spoke.

"Not everything, is as it appears." she said gently, with a smile. "And anything else, we shall let the tests determine that." she said, as she nodded. "But, we will watch our step. Thank you."

Nikorasu stepped forward and placed a hand protectively on the younger boy's shoulder..... what was his name? Oni? Yeah, that was it. He then spoke in a calm, quiet voice. "Besides, what is it to you how pitiful we may seem? All the better for you in the exams, no? However, I know that the boy didn't mean it, and we

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.