1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive ~*~<=Way of the Ninja=>~*~

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Teegirloo, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    C: Sato Manami
    Exam Room - Sunagakure

Manami had finished working out some semblance of an answer to the ninth question on the test. She blew out a soft breath and looked over her paper, before the booming voice of the exam proctor called out for the attention of the room in his no-nonsense way.

?Before I get to the tenth question there are some new rules I need to tell you. Yes rules that have everything to do with the tenth question. All team-mates must pass this question or all fail. Not only will you fail the test, but you can not take the test ever again. All of you will be taken out of the program, no longer ninja. There is no if and or buts. You have the choice to leave now and apply for next year when ready, or FOREVER FAIL!!! I make the rules and this is the final say.?

Manami?s eyes widened in shock at his words. The sounds of disbelief and protest promptly filled the room as some participants questioned the proctors motives. But it was all for naught and the realisation of this choice began to weigh heavily on every genin in the room. Manami?s eyes dropped to look at the desk as the ultimatum sunk in. There was so much riding on this decision, not only her own future as a ninja, but Tatsuya?s and Jiraiya?s too?She brought her hand up to touch the leaf headband that was tied in its familiar position about her neck. They had all came such a long way since earning their leaf headbands and becoming fully fledged genin. She thought back to their first meeting with Kenji-Sensei, on the rooftops near the hokage mountain

??And my goal for the future is to further revive my clan and pull my father out of his depression?"

"?My goals for the future is to be acknowledged for me and not for being the Hokage's son?"

??My dream for the future is to become as skilled a ninja as my brothers were, and to serve the leaf as they did??

Manami smiled inwardly. What would her brothers have done? They were always the kind of people who would give it their all and see a task through to the end. Even if their was an element of risk involved. Such was what was expected of a ninja. To accomplish the goal by any means necessary. Looking back up, she had a hint of determination and defiance in her eyes.

She would stay put for the 10th question, but if her team-mates decided to leave and wait until next year, she would not begrudge them at all. Like she had said after team fives nomination, she had the up most respect for her team-mates, and would respect their decision whichever choice they made.

TAG: Team Five/Tee
  2. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Hakkai, Cho-tana
    ~Exam Room, Sunagakure, Sand Village~

Story Arc: The Chuunin Exams - The Tenth Question!!

Cho was disappointed. Trying to find the calm in the storm was harder than it looked, and it appeared that looking to the Chuunins was getting her nowhere as well. She sighed. She looked back over towards Tsume, and once more wished she had a companion like Tsume. Tsume, with Tenro's help was trying to contact her to deliver the answers. Luckily she noticed as she calmed herself down and taking in the info the nin-pup gave by the interesting wag of his tail. She would need to practice more. She felt a bit sad that none of her ideas had panned out, as she answered the test.

Oh well, at least she would not be holding her team back. That was the most important thing. Personal wants was one thing, but during this test, what effected one, effected all. She sighed softly. Suddenly, a familiar voice rang out. "Alright you maggots time is up!!" yelled Toboki Kobe.

Cho looked around her. The classroom was only half filled than it was before. WOW! She had not even noticed, so intent was she on answering the questions. All eyes were at the front of the room.

"Before I get to the tenth question there are some new rules I need to tell you. Yes rules that have everything to do with the tenth question. All teammates must pass this question or all fail. Not only will you fail the test, but you can not take the test ever again. All of you will be taken out of the program, no longer ninja. There is no if and or buts. You have the choice to leave now and apply for next year when ready, or FOREVER FAIL!!! I make the rules and this is the final say."

Throughout the room several Genin tried to protest but it was to no avail. The moans of dissatisfaction of the rules vied heavily on all the teams. Several hands rose up in the air indicating that they would rather continue being ninja than to lose it all because they failed the question. Their teammates didnt look happy.

Cho swallowed hard. 'Fail... forever?'

The reactions around the room were wild. She looked over at Tsume. Tenro hopped down from Tsume?s head and turned around to look at him. Tenro stared at his master as his hand began to rise. Cho swallowed...

Tsume looked over to Nikorasu .. then... Tsume?s fingers flicked up?

?.and around his beanie. He pulled the black cap down slowly over his eyebrows.

Cho began to hear her own heartbeat, as it was beating madly now. Her fingers idily found her blue ribbon, and she began to twirl on it madly.

She turned, as she heard Yuudai as he slammed his fist, and growled something about Toboki Kobe underestimating them. Cho licked dry lips, as she heard him add, "I don't speak for my team, but I know they feel the same...I won't let them down and neither will they."

"I just hope that everyone else in here decides to stay too," Yuudai closed his eyes crossing his arms in front of him, "Otherwise passing this exam will be too easy."

Cho turned her head now, to find Nikorau. As she did the instructors comments kept echoing in her mind.

'All teammates must pass this question or all fail. Not only will you fail the test, but you can not take the test ever again. All of you will be taken out of the program, no longer ninja. There is no if and or buts. You have the choice to leave now and apply for next year when ready, or FOREVER FAIL!!!'

This was a test. And this test was a test as a GROUP. Not in their abilities as single ninja ... but as a group. So, if one failed, they all did. But...if one backed out... they all had to back out. But at least then, they would still be students. Still be Ninja. Wasnt that more important? Cho wasnt sure how well she felt about answering the question. Was this the question? How well you placed yourself.. or the team? Cho rubbed her head, as she looked over at Nikorasu, her mind filled with questions.

Nikorasu sat still. He didnt look like he was going to be raising his hand.

Cho shook, swallowing again. She felt as if she could dri
  3. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Inuzuka Tsume

The room was in a state of disarray. People were giving up left and right, entire teams got up and left angrily.

Tsume was confident that his team would remain. He had absolute faith in Nikorasu and Cho. They had faced dangerous situations together, even life and death. But still they had stood strong. Tsume had no brothers or sisters, but he did consider Cho and Nikorasu to be like family.

?Claw?.?

Tsume looked up and met the gaze of Tenro. The pup was staring behind the boy. Tsume?s stomach went cold as he realized that it was in the direction Cho was sitting.

He slowly turned around to see his team mate raising her hand high. He stood equally as slowly and spun his entire body to face her. His eyes were very dangerous looking, not only because his beanie was so low on his forehead, but because anger and disbelief was seeping into his expression.

?Claw? don?t..?

He didn?t even turn around to Tenro. Tsume was flying through the air at high speed. He landed on the table in front of Cho and brought his hand up to hers, then slammed it down onto the desk, as he crouched down. His eyes were now closed and his teeth were gritted.

?How? could you be so selfish?? After all that has happened in the village? after all that has happened here? after what our team is responsible for? how ? how can you just give up? How can you willingly choose to take the easy way out when you know what is at stake? Nikorasu and I trust each other explicitly. You have that trust as well Cho? do the brave thing and show us the same faith that we show you. Don?t do it for yourself, do it for us.?

Tsume?s voice dropped to barely a whisper.

?I really don?t care what he says anyway? regardless of whether we pass or fail? they can never take away who we are. I?m a Ninja, Cho?.. Are you??

Tsume kept his hand on top of Cho?s, pinning it to the top of the table. The pressure of his hand let up and was now gentle on top of hers, his fingers slipped under hers and he squeezed gently, as if pleading.

It couldn?t end here. Not yet. And not like this. Tsume was ready to take any beating that anyone could dish out to him, from Cho, Nik or anyone else in the room. But he simply wouldn?t be able to just walk away from this Exam before it really began.

Tag all in the room
  4. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Daitô Shirô
    Exam Room

Soul-crushingly hard.

Shirô wasn't really sure if that was a valid expression or not, but it seemed to fit the exam. He had decided to try his best at all these tests, seeing as he was in Sunagakure anyway and seeing as he was about ready to kill someone to get back to doing what he really loved, which was certainly not exceptionally difficult written exams.

His head was an absolute mess with everything that had happened, and then the exam had proved too much. Every question drew a blank. Everything was causing him to draw a blank. He felt like his mind was being torn in two while being impacted upon itself at the same time. And so he sat in his chair, hands clasped around his head, eyes darting nervously as those around him seemed to be proceeding more or less fine.

He hated them. They all wanted to be here, those scum. And those proctors. Pushing them around like cattle. He hated them as well. And his father. It was his fault Shirô was here in the first place.

That made them the same as his father. They...

they had to die...

He felt his grip tighten around his pencil, contemplating just how sharp the lead was. Everything began happening in slow motion.

Then something else hit his head. There was a flapping of wings.

He grasped at his head. There was a note there. The handwriting: Nukaro's. The contents: Exam answers.

He contemplated the paper for a moment, his eyes tepidly glancing from it, to Nukaro, to the proctors.

His hand trembled slightly.

He reversed the pencil and feverishly scribbled down the provided answers.

Then there was talking. Something about taking the last question, and how if they missed it, they failed.

Forever.

The hands went back around his head. Did that mean that. if he took the last question and failed, he had an excuse? Or did it mean that he could never work the forge again?

He needed quiet.

He needed to think.

He got neither. One of the others, a fellow leaf nin, started talking. Spewing some garbage about being underestimated.

"Shut up," Shirô whispered, trying to decipher the riddle that lay before him, having written off actually passing the last question.

The leaf nin kept talking. It was evolving into some grand, boisterous whatever.

"Shut up," Shirô said, desperately trying to - was that idiot still talking?

"Shut up," Shirô said, louder this time, loud enough to-

HE WAS STILL TALKING.

"I just hope that everyone else in here decides to stay too."

"SHUT UP!" Shirô yelled, his grip tightening around his pencil in a death grip. "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!" He found himself standing up, clutching the pencil desperately in his hand, contemplating the satisfaction he would derive from ramming it into the other's throat.

"JUST SHUT UP YOU STUPID... STUPID PERSON! SHUT UP!" The pencil was in his hand and...

What was he doing? He was standing up in the middle of a classroom full of ninjas shouting at another ninja about... talking too much? What was he doing?

"Er... sorry, I uh, just kind of under a lot of stress and uh..."

"Sorry." He slinked back into his chair.

TAG: Exam takers, Tee
  5. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Kyousei, Alec
    Exam Room

So wait.........

The test hadn't mattered at all?

Alec blinked at that as the realization came to him upon the instructions for the next part of the exam. Don't take the tenth question and you fail. Take the tenth question, get it wrong, and you still fail. Get it right and you stay. So that pretty much meant the test itself - the one that Alec had actually gone out of his way to cheat on - was null and void in the face of this tenth questions.

...What kind of crazy exam was this?

It was probably the said craziness of it all that made Alec forget that the more important thing was the fact that he needed to decide if he was going to stay or not. More importantly, were his teammates going to stay? Forever fail. What? Never get the chance to be a ninja? Wait what? Alec couldn't help but stay in his seat, blinking a bit more at this.

People seemed to be discussing it. Two leaf Genin - a girl and a boy - that Alec didn't recognize were talking when it seemed like the girl was raising her hand to leave. And another leaf Genin - this one Alec remembered as Yuudai - was talking, seeming to make a speech though why he was doing that Alec didn't know at all-

"SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!"

That knocked Alec right back to his senses, not just because of the sudden outburst but because it was Shiro that was the one causing it. Immediately the Genin whirled around, spotting Shiro on his feet, a pencil clutched in his hand, as he shouted at Yuudai. And Alec just sat there, staring wide-eyed at the display that his teammate was making. Any concerns about the exam completely vanished at the sight. What was happening here?

Once Shiro calmed down, returning back to his seat, Alec immediately pushed his chair back, got to his feet, and moved towards Shiro, not caring about what anyone else in the room may think of it. It was quite apparent that his friend needed help or at least someone to talk to at this moment. Was it just the exam? Yeah it seemed pretty stressful to Alec too what with the very difficult questions only to find out that none of it mattered at all and now they had the chance to never move onto the next ranking of ninjas, but it wasn't making him crazy like it seemed to be making Shiro.

"Hey," Alec spoke, his voice soft. With there being no empty seat nearby, Alec stuck with kneeling down next to Shiro's side, a hand on his friend's shoulder as he gave him a concerned look. "You okay Shiro?"

Well okay stupid question considering Shiro didn't look okay at all ten seconds ago.

"What's wrong?"

TAG: darthramza, Tee, Anyone Else
  6. ShadowofMiracles Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC: Ryuu, Yuudai
    Exam Room, Sunagakure

Yuudai opened his eyes when he felt a strong breeze pass him by. He turned to find that it was the dog boy, Tsume, that had leaped from his seat to land in the desk of his fellow kunoichi, Cho. It looked like she had raised her hand, but as soon as she had Tsume had come placed her hand back down. Yuudai was surprised to say the least, when he had first encountered Team Three's kunoichi he didn't view her as the type to give up.

?How? could you be so selfish?? After all that has happened in the village? after all that has happened here? after what our team is responsible for? how ? how can you just give up? How can you willingly choose to take the easy way out when you know what is at stake? Nikorasu and I trust each other explicitly. You have that trust as well Cho? do the brave thing and show us the same faith that we show you. Don?t do it for yourself, do it for us.?

Yuudai looked away, this was their business and none of his, but somewhere in the back of his head he couldn't help but feel annoyed that perhaps Team Three might not take place in the next part of the exam. They were, supposedly, the best genin team in the Leaf and he wanted to see that for himself, but so far he was starting to feel disappointed.

Turning away, Yuudai closed his eyes letting them handle their business and waiting for the proctor to say what the tenth question would be. However his eyes snapped open when he heard someone suddenly shout at his direction.

"SHUT UP!" Shirô yelled, his grip tightening around his pencil in a death grip.

Yuudai looked up to meet the angry eyes of a ninja from his own village, Shiro.

"SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!" He found himself standing up, clutching the pencil desperately in his hand, contemplating the satisfaction he would derive from ramming it into the other's throat.

Yuudai's eyes narrowed, he had the eyes with the intend to kill. He reached into his pouch gripping his kunai.

"JUST SHUT UP YOU STUPID... STUPID PERSON! SHUT UP!" The pencil was in his hand and...

The young genin was about to get up and draw his kunai, he didn't expect a battle, but it looked like Shiro thought otherwise. He was glad when it didn't come to that.

"Er... sorry, I uh, just kind of under a lot of stress and uh..."

"Sorry." He slinked back into his chair.

Yuudai put his kunai away and settled back down. He had seen a few participants with horror struck faces, terrified with what the test offered, it was natural since there would be some who couldn't handle the pressure and would go into a state of shock or fear. It was those who were usually caught cheating more than three times and thus disqualified, it was also those who had raised their hands and left immediately when they heard what the final question's outcome would be.

However this was the most violent reaction Yuudai had seen, Shiro had lost it. He was ready to attack him, he could see in his eyes that he wanted to inflict as much pain into him as he was feeling. What brought him to that he didn't know, but apparently Shiro somehow blamed him for something. He glad when he calmed down and excused himself for his behavior, Yuudai didn't really want to fight a ninja who was driving by anger. The outcome would not be a pleasant one and Yuudai didn't want to dirty his hands with the blood of a ninja from his own village.

Still this only proves that this exam was meant to drive people to their limits...to question themselves and their abilities and questioned whether or not they have what it takes to become a chuunin.

Yuudai looked at proctor, his eyes narrowing slightly, he wouldn't let them get to him. He made the decision of entering the exam and he would pull through with his decision.

TAG: Everyone
  7. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Hyuga Nikorasu
    Exam Room

Nikorasu just stared in wonder as the room seemed to explode? or rather, just one boy. I mean, sure, this was a stressful time. This was a big decision. But, really, exploding like that? Now, Nikorasu didn?t like the other boy?s speech at all, but it wasn?t anything to get worked up over. Nikorasu had not deactivated his Byakugan yet. It was comforting, being able to see all around you. Given the circumstances, Nikorasu was feeling pretty relaxed? until he saw Cho raise her hand.

Obviously Tsume did not like this either, because he was very quickly confronting her about it. Nikorasu decided he should probably do something about this situation. While the other genin seemed to be working out their issues, Nikorasu stood, shoved his hands in his pockets, and moved slowly back to where Cho and Tsume were gathered. Quietly, he sat down on the edge of the table, only a few inches from Cho, and waited while Tsume finished his piece. When he had, Nikorasu spoke quietly.

?Cho, listen, I?ll understand if you want to back out now. I mean?.. losing the chance to be a ninja for the rest of your life? It?s daunting. I know. And, I know I?m not going to blame you if you back out now, and I?d still be proud to be your squad mate?? He paused for a moment. ?But Cho, this is our shot. Sure, there is always next time, but? we?re here, now. Zurui knew we were ready for this. I know I?m ready, and I have faith that you two are too. I mean, what?s the point in being here, in doing what we are doing if we?re not willing to take chances? I get that you doubt yourself. Heck, I doubt myself all the time, but, if any of us three deserve to be promoted, it?s you. So, do what you think is right, and I know you?ll do wonderful no matter what.?

Nikorasu settled back and awaited her response?. And also casually wondered if the proctor was going to dislike the conversing like this.

TAG: All
  8. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Daitô Shirô
    Exam Room

"You okay Shiro? What's wrong?"

That voice, that was... "Alec?" Shirô replied, his eyes not really focusing on his teammate, or anywhere, really. His perspective was completely shot. "I..."

He ran a hand through his hair, repeatedly and in different places. His hands wouldn't stop shaking. Why wouldn't his hands stop shaking?!

"I... I don't know..." he managed, deciding it would be best to grab hold of the table to prevent his hand from shaking. "I just... there's too much going on, everywhere, everything... I can't..."

"It's like I'm here and not here... y'know? Or maybe you don't... I just..." His rather limited eleven year old vocabulary was failing him, miserably.

"It's like, I was taking the test, but couldn't take the test, and then I thought of father, and then everyone was father, and then the thing with the last question and the guy talking and... and..."

His hands were shaking enough to get the table to move slightly. A more stable individual might have called it a nervous breakdown.

"I couldn't... there was too much..." He ran his fingers through his hair again. And again. And again.

"I just wanted him to stop talking. I just want everyone to..."

die.

"I mean, not you and Nukaro, maybe..."

you should go die.

"Urgh..."

TAG: Sarge, Exam Room, Tee
  9. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Exam Room

"Alec?"

That scared him. His name that Shiro spoke in such a confused, uncertain manner with such an unfocused gaze scared Alec. And the shakes. Looking upon his friend, listening to him, and seeing the shaky hands that seemed to grip the desk in an effort to stop but only succeeding in causing to shake the desk a little as well scared Alec.

"I just wanted him to stop talking. I just want everyone to..."

"Hey come on," Alec spoke in what he hoped was a calming manner, his hand moving from Shiro's shoulder to his back. Looked like Shiro was gonna be sick and the Genin patted his back in an effort to calm him. "Just take deep breaths. Relax."

What happened to him? To Alec it seemed that his teammate just had a nervous breakdown but he couldn't be totally sure; psychology and mental health wasn't currently his strong suite, just the physical stuff. The exams could just be stressing him out but the mentioning of his father piqued Alec's interest just a bit. Though having known and worked with Shiro with their manual labors and uncovering that thing with Samari, Alec didn't really know that much about Shiro's personal life. He liked smithing, maybe not so enthusiastic about being a ninja as Alec would prefer him to be, but nothing more then that.

"Don't worry about this," Alec continued and made a quick glance around the room. They were only at the written portion of the Chuunin Exams and already Shiro was freaking out. Who knew what else awaited them when it came to the exams?

The Genin looked back at Shiro. Was he going to be okay? Was he even a good enough shape to continue?

"We don't have to do this."

It was only when the words left his lips did Alec realize the enormity of what they entailed. If chosen, they could drop out of the exams. Lose their chance at becoming Chuunin...at least for a year. Another year of manual labor and with a lucky C rank or something else mixed in there. His age was still something that stung Alec just a little. He was thirteen years old when he first entered the Academy, a bit higher then average compared to how old others usually started at. He wanted to catch up nonetheless, to do what he could, to learn what he could, so that he could raise himself through the ranks of a ninja as quickly as possible to make up for his late entry.

But despite it all the words were still coming out.

"If you don't feel you can do this we can just leave," Alec replied, the words seeming like they should be a whole lot harder to get out but they were coming out nonetheless. He wasn't even sure if his mind was coming up with them before he spoke them. They were just flying right out. "We can try again you know. Wait a year, get a little more experience, more prepared, and try again. I mean hey, now we know what to expect from the written tests right?"

The words were killing him behind the small smile he put up. Not literally mind you but his insides felt as if they were just going to shut down as he continued. He didn't want to wait a year, he didn't want to wait at all!

But Shiro's outburst came to mind and Alec knew better. What kind of teammate would he be without concerning himself with the welfare of the others? What kind of ninja would he be?

So, with what patience he had, he awaited Shiro's response.

TAG: darthramza, Tee, Anyone
  10. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    Nominki Nukaro
    -Sunagakure

Nukaro moved over to Shiro as Alec talked to him. Mung's eyes were cold and so were Nukaro's, but not because of what Shiro had done, but what the boy he had yelled at was looking like he was going to do. There was one thing to be loyal to one's village, but another to be loyal to a friend. And if someone was threatening Shiro, Nukaro would not hesitate to bury them.

His face did not show these thoughts when he knelt beside Shiro, along with Alec, and put his hand on Shiro's other shoulder. He waited until Alec finished, shocked by what he was hearing, but knowing that it was out of concern for their teammate. Nukaro, having talked to Shiro about his dad and what had happened, considered the things that must be going through his friend's head, but he couldn't relate. So he didn't try to.

"Shiro, it is about your dad, isn't it?" Nukaro's face twisted as he tried to think up a good response to follow that with, but nothing else came to him but: "I don't know how you feel."

"Probably no one in this room does. You...I mean...You and Alec, you guys are my friends and I-...I, can't..." Shiro was shaking, uncontrollably and constantly, rapidly and scarily, and Nukaro couldn't see his friend like this. He couldn't see him like this!

He reached his hands out around Shiro and pulled his friend to his feet and into a tight embrace. The way a friend hugs and a friend, the way a brother hugs and brother. He just wanted him to stop shaking. That's all he wanted. He pulled back and looked at Alec and Shiro. "Look, we're brothers and we're getting through this."

Tag: Team Eight
  11. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Daitô Shirô
    Exam Room

"You guys..." Shirô was flabbergasted. He had... was completely losing it, had nearly killed someone just for talking too much, had even contemplated killing his own teammates... and Alec and Nukaro were nothing but understanding. Or at least trying to be.

He still couldn't focus clearly, though, his head was a mess of conflicting emotions and images. There was just too much going on, too soon, and far too fast for an eleven year old to handle. He wanted to raise his hand and be done with it. But it would be another year before he could take the exam again, and that was a whole year away from the forge. A whole year without smithing was a year he didn't want to live.

And then there were his teammates. They wanted this. Even though Shirô hated it, even though Shirô wasn't even sure he didn't hate them... they were supporting him. And they wanted to be chunin.

But the tenth question! If he failed, he would never be a chunin! No smithing for the rest of his life! How could the proctor be so cold-hearted? He was just like...

Just like...

Shirô suddenly saw the connection he had been unable to solidify in his mind. The proctor was his father. Maybe not literally (Or maybe literally, things in his brain were still a bit scrambled), but the proctor was his enemy. And like his father, no matter how much Shirô hated the proctor, he couldn't kill him. No, he would play by the proctor's rules... and destroy him.

"I... am going to kill..." he started, raising his pencil in to eye level in the air. His eyes, previously unfocused, settled in on the exam proctor, a cold, deadly rage in them. His hand ceased to tremble, if only for the moment.

"That stupid question!" The pencil came crashing back down and the lead embedded itself in the desk.

TAG: Team Eight, Exam Takers, Tee
  12. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Hakkai, Cho-tana
    ~Exam Room, Sunagakure, Sand Village~

Cho held her hand high...not looking at anyone else but the Toboki Kobe. She didnt care what the other leaf village teams thought. She thought she was ready for any responses that came her way...

She was not.

Some leaf kid started screaming. She wasnt paying attention to him. That didnt matter to her. She had seen Tsume, as he slowly turned and looked at her. The look on his face, left no guess as to what he felt. He stood equally as slowly and spun his entire body to face her. His eyes were very dangerous looking, as the anger and disbelief he felt was clearly directed at her.

If she thought the welcome they had received when they had reached the village hidden in the Sand was glaring, it was nothing compared to the look Tsume was now giving her.

Suddenly, Tsume was flying through the air at high speed. He landed on the table in front of Cho and brought his hand up to hers, then slammed it down onto the desk, as he crouched down. His eyes were now closed and his teeth were gritted.

Cho balled up her fist, as Tsume slammed her hand down on the table, is hand covering hers tightly. Pain from her fingers caused her to tighten her fist tightly, but she stayed silent. THAT reaction had truly been a test. If it had been anyone else but her teammates, she would most likely find herself in battle. She still might, looking at the look on his face. She willed herself to stay still, but she was still slightly startled.

His words however, were a slap in the face-

"How? could you be so selfish?? After all that has happened in the village? after all that has happened here? after what our team is responsible for? how ? how can you just give up? How can you willingly choose to take the easy way out when you know what is at stake? Nikorasu and I trust each other explicitly. You have that trust as well Cho? do the brave thing and show us the same faith that we show you. Don?t do it for yourself, do it for us."

Cho's body went ridged, but she didnt say anything. She knew this could happen. She saw movement nearby, but she didnt turn her head. Tsume?s voice dropped to barely a whisper.

"I really don?t care what he says anyway? regardless of whether we pass or fail? they can never take away who we are. I?m a Ninja, Cho?.. Are you?"

Tsume kept his hand on top of Cho?s, pinning it to the top of the table. The pressure of his hand let up and was now gentle on top of hers, his fingers slipped under hers and he squeezed gently, as if pleading. Cho looked down at her hand, staying silent. Why was this so much harder than she imagined? She wanted to explain it all, but this was not the place. Give up? Give up!? is THAT what he thought she was doing? Cho stared forward..

Nikorasu then spoke quietly.

"Cho, listen, I?ll understand if you want to back out now. I mean?.. losing the chance to be a ninja for the rest of your life? It?s daunting. I know. And, I know I?m not going to blame you if you back out now, and I?d still be proud to be your squad mate?" He paused for a moment. "But Cho, this is our shot. Sure, there is always next time, but? we?re here, now. Zurui knew we were ready for this. I know I?m ready, and I have faith that you two are too. I mean, what?s the point in being here, in doing what we are doing if we?re not willing to take chances? I get that you doubt yourself. Heck, I doubt myself all the time, but, if any of us three deserve to be promoted, it?s you. So, do what you think is right, and I know you?ll do wonderful no matter what."

Cho swallowed several times quickly. She began to think she understood the other leaf ninja's outburst now. She understood the reactions ... but that didnt make it not hurt any worse.
    Nikorasu was now quiet. Waiting. She felt as if she could hear her heart beating in her chest.. almost as if it was about to burst. She looked down at her hand again, letting a few seconds to hear her heart beat. Was she wrong? Suddenly her adoptive brother came to mind. She wondered what had happened when he t
  13. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4

Tsume listened to both Nikorasu and Cho. By the end of which he was still staring at Cho raising her hand to leave.

His voice was still soft, his anger bleeding out to understanding.

?I guess it is hard to do something like this Cho? but please understand where I am coming from here. It wasn?t you or Nikorasu?s fault about how things ended the way they did. It was my big mouth. And now, whether or not there is something else at play, the blame is still laid at my feet. Of all the teams that need to pass the exams, ours is the most crucial. I know it might also seem selfish on my part, but my motives for doing this and being here are different than you might think. All I am doing is thinking about our village as a whole. I personally and honestly don?t care what I am labeled as, Chuunin is a title. Whether or not I am part of our village?s military has no bearing on this. But the Sand and the Leaf are at odds right now. It is our responsibility as a team to make that better and if we just walk away now? things are going to degrade. Why? Because in the eyes of the world, the team that messed up relations with the Sand and the Leaf, walked away from something that could prove the Leaf?s worth when it came right down to it. We can?t not do this? I am begging you to put your hand down and let us continue on. This isn?t about me, it?s about us. We know that things are unfair with how it fell, things shouldn?t be the way they are now but they are?There is nothing we can do about that now. It happened the way it did. The only thing we can do now is show everyone what we are made of, show them that things didn?t happen that way because the Leaf ninja are incompetent.?

Tsume shook his head as his passion began to spill out of his words. He had never been this open to anyone, about anything. But this was a do or die situation.

?Cho? please. If we leave now?. All might be lost. Being a Ninja is a title that they can take away. But being a Ninja means standing up to things that are wrong. We made a big wrong to the eyes of everyone else and it was my fault?. I need to be able to correct that mistake or else our village will suffer more hardships? if we fail the next question?. Then at least we can say that we tried our best. We can?t walk away now? the eyes of the world are on us?we just can?t buckle from that because of our own needs. Three Ninja against the welfare of the entire village that they hail from. My decision is obvious. I am begging you to do the same.?

He ended his speech and sat back on his haunches, still crouching on the table before Cho.

He knew that the proctor wasn?t going to like people moving around the room? the test was still pretty much in effect, but this was important to Tsume. More than anything else that he could come up with. They had done so much in such a short time to get to where they were. They were ready for this. But if even one person didn?t think so, all was lost. A normal genin team would obviously have the next year to try again?.

But what if next year, the world was at war again. Who would be there to promote them to Chuunin or higher, then? At that point it wouldn?t matter, everyone would already be fighting anyway.

Tsume was just looking out for the image of his home. His village pride had gotten them into the mess in the first place, but it would be his pride for his home that could get them out as well. In the grand sheme of things, Tsume had thrown a pebble into a pond that could be represented as Konoha. The splash had been small but the ripples had traveled for days. What he was trying to do here? was throw a boulder into the Sand village?s pond. To show that his village wasn?t weak, and that they were competent enough to earn friendship and loyalty.

He prayed Cho saw this.

Tag team three

14. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Exam Room

"I... am going to kill..."

Despite himself, Alec tensed, his eyes glancing to the pencil that Shiro was now raising and at Shiro himself. Thinking back to when it looked like Shiro was about to attack Yuudai, Alec was ready to intervene in case Shiro decided to follow up on those violent urges. Maybe not on Yuudai but someone. He sure looked as if he was hating that proctor at the moment.

"That stupid question!"

Sounded like Shiro was still in the game...or at least that's what Alec guessed anyway. A small grin on his face, Alec gave Shiro one more pat before standing up.

"If you want to back out you're still allowed," Alec spoke, and that feeling like his guts were trembling started again as he once again spoke about the chance of losing their chance to become Chuunin. But like before, he wouldn't regret it if it came to it. Especially if it prevented Shiro from trying to tear someone's head off...just before he would get stomped by all the other Chuunin that were still in the room, keeping watch on all of the Genin.

His nerves now calming with the situation having passed, Alec turned and went back to his seat. Compared to what just happened, sticking around and seeing what the tenth question was all about didn't seem as bad as it did before.

TAG: darthramza, blu, Tee, Anyone
  15. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    Nominki Nukaro
    -Sunagakure

Nukaro grabbed his stomach and gave a heart-filled laugh. "Yeah, yeah, YEAHHHHH!" He punched the air in front of him before going back to his seat and sitting down. Team Eight was back in action and Nukaro could now enjoy the rest of the examinations and get down to business. There was something his father said that popped into his head.

"A hug can make anything better...along with ramen."

Nukaro knew that that was just a saying and obviously not true, but at least the hug had helped calm Shiro down and get his wits about him. Nukaro was perplexed by what Alec had said about Shiro could still back out. You don't encourage your friends to quit! Especially when Shiro had just gotten his fight back, well, what Nukaro would classify as fight wasn't exactly what Shiro had now, but at least he had a fire in his belly.

Nukaro sat down and folded his hands over each other. Bring it on Mr. Proctor.

Tag: Team Eight
  16. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Uchiha Tatsuya
    ~Exam Room, Sungakure~

Tatsuya continued to watch the person who obviously knew the answers, making his way through the test. Some of the questions, in hindsight, hadn't been too difficult for him. Their location surrounded by the truly difficult questions had intimidated him out of even taking a chance. It was in the past, though, as he continued to follow along with his cheating method. The best part was that his eyes were the sign of his cheating, and that would be hard to notice. He was certain he hadn't resulted in any marks for his team. The other genin finished, allowing Tatsuya to release his sharingan and go over the answers.

About 15 minutes after the start of the test, ?Alright you maggots time is up!!? yelled Toboki Kobe.

Tatsuya turned his attention completely towards the proctor. Finally, the tenth question.

?Before I get to the tenth question there are some new rules I need to tell you. Yes rules that have everything to do with the tenth question. All teammates must pass this question or all fail. Not only will you fail the test, but you can not take the test ever again. All of you will be taken out of the program, no longer ninja. There is no if and or buts. You have the choice to leave now and apply for next year when ready, or FOREVER FAIL!!! I make the rules and this is the final say.?

Tatsuya let a momentary wave of shock overcome him as many students gasp and began to protest. Their voices were cut short, however, and soon everyone fell into silence. It wasn't long before the genin who were too worried about their futures began to leave. Other than that, others were affirming their choice to stay.

Tatsuya, on the other hand, was thinking heavily. There had to be some kind of trick to this. Clearly there were people here who had taken the chuunin exams more than once, maybe this was a new rule? But then there is the fact that the only way to secure your future would be to be a coward. If you put your neck on the line, you'd be facing the end of your ninja career. In the end, the choice was plain for Tatsuya.

His friends had dreams, he had a dream. And they would never be able to reach those goals if they took two steps back. He would remain silent and seated. Whatever this tenth question was, he'd face it with his friends.

TAG: Team Five/GM

Kuuki Zurui
    Sunagakure

Zurui was getting frustrated. For a week he could feel the information he needed to find just out of his grasp. He knew something was going on here, and he was going to find out what it was. His day spent as a sand citizen didn't help either. While he didn't receive the same glares, he still wasn't getting any bites. That was, until he heard a couple of Rain chuunin.

?So you think it?s going to go down. I am so ready for it. They will get what?s coming to them.? Said a man with black hair and grey eyes to another man with red hair and green eyes.

Zurui tailed this group until they entered their hotel. He had to find out more information, which he would as soon as he made it back to his own hotel. Once there, he summoned Yamaitachi, a sand native and the more stealthy of the twins. Zurui explained to him that he needed the small animal to be his ears outside of the Rain ninja's room. He also instructed him to go in as a native weasel, of which there were many in the area. Hopefully, he wouldn't get caught.

With is animal friend gone, Zurui waited. He would wait until he had information and until he found out how the Chuunin exams were going.

TAG: GM
  17. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Cho-Tanna Hakkai
    Exams

Tsume stayed calm, but started speaking as soon as he moved to raise her arm once more. His voice soft.

"I guess it is hard to do something like this Cho? but please understand where I am coming from here. It wasn?t you or Nikorasu?s fault about how things ended the way they did. It was my big mouth. And now, whether or not there is something else at play, the blame is still laid at my feet. Of all the teams that need to pass the exams, ours is the most crucial. I know it might also seem selfish on my part, but my motives for doing this and being here are different than you might think. All I am doing is thinking about our village as a whole. I personally and honestly don?t care what I am labeled as, Chuunin is a title. Whether or not I am part of our village?s military has no bearing on this. But the Sand and the Leaf are at odds right now. It is our responsibility as a team to make that better and if we just walk away now? things are going to degrade. Why? Because in the eyes of the world, the team that messed up relations with the Sand and the Leaf, walked away from something that could prove the Leaf?s worth when it came right down to it. We can?t not do this? I am begging you to put your hand down and let us continue on. This isn?t about me, it?s about us. We know that things are unfair with how it fell, things shouldn?t be the way they are now but they are?There is nothing we can do about that now. It happened the way it did. The only thing we can do now is show everyone what we are made of, show them that things didn?t happen that way because the Leaf ninja are incompetent." Tsume shook his head.

"Cho? please. If we leave now?. All might be lost. Being a Ninja is a title that they can take away. But being a Ninja means standing up to things that are wrong. We made a big wrong to the eyes of everyone else and it was my fault?. I need to be able to correct that mistake or else our village will suffer more hardships? if we fail the next question?. Then at least we can say that we tried our best. We can?t walk away now? the eyes of the world are on us?we just can?t buckle from that because of our own needs. Three Ninja against the welfare of the entire village that they hail from. My decision is obvious. I am begging you to do the same.

He grew quiet and sat back on his haunches, still crouching on the table before Cho.

Cho sighed deeply. Is this what it was like? Cho knew that she wasnt the craftiest or smartest on her team. And definately not the bravest. She looked and Tsume and Nikorasu for a brief moment, before she spoke slowly, and very softly now..

"If we are removed as Ninja..we can NEVER prove our innocence. Get that? NEVER. We would be simply failed Ninja. The other way, we will still be Ninja. We can still prove to them that we did nothing wrong. You keep talking about how others might look at us, if we were to walk away..it shouldnt matter."

Cho looked down at her desk suddenly tired. "Look, at how this test has been so far. First, they give us a test...and all but bluntly incourage us to cheat at it. Now, they give us this tenth question.... What makes you think it is simply a clear cut question? Think about it... you ask almost ANY team..and they will all jump up and bark and just how grand they are, and of course they can answer it. It is the way we have been taught. We trust in our abilities and faith in our group as a team." Cho whispers, barely audible. " But think about it. This test has been anything BUT normal. Its a test between Our PRIDE..vs the welfare of the team. And please, dont tell me its not." Cho looked up. "I KNOW you want the chance to repair what has been done. So do I. So does Sensei. But do you REALLY think if we are kicked out, we will ever get that chance? Who would listen to us, students who were removed, never to complete our training? But there is nothing wrong in taking a step back sometimes, to look at a situation. Can you REALLY tell me, that you are willing to risk that?"

Cho gave a deep sigh, really wishing tha
  18. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Hyuga Nikorasu
    Exam Room

"If we are removed as Ninja..we can NEVER prove our innocence. Get that? NEVER. We would be simply failed Ninja. The other way, we will still be Ninja. We can still prove to them that we did nothing wrong. You keep talking about how others might look at us, if we were to walk away..it shouldnt matter."

Cho looked down at her desk suddenly tired. "Look, at how this test has been so far. First, they give us a test...and all but bluntly incourage us to cheat at it. Now, they give us this tenth question.... What makes you think it is simply a clear cut question? Think about it... you ask almost ANY team..and they will all jump up and bark and just how grand they are, and of course they can answer it. It is the way we have been taught. We trust in our abilities and faith in our group as a team." Cho whispers, barely audible. " But think about it. This test has been anything BUT normal. Its a test between Our PRIDE..vs the welfare of the team. And please, dont tell me its not." Cho looked up. "I KNOW you want the chance to repair what has been done. So do I. So does Sensei. But do you REALLY think if we are kicked out, we will ever get that chance? Who would listen to us, students who were removed, never to complete our training? But there is nothing wrong in taking a step back sometimes, to look at a situation. Can you REALLY tell me, that you are willing to risk that?"

Nikorasu listened silently as his teammate spoke. She seemed.... stressed, to say the least. Nikorasu felt bad, but truthfully, he felt she was making a mistake. Nikorasu leaned to his left, bringing himself closer to her, and spoke quietly enough for only his two teammates to hear. "Yes, Cho. I really can tell you that. And, you're right. Sometimes taking that step back to examine a situation is not wrong to do, but sometimes it is everything wrong to do." He paused a moment. "So, let's say we back out. Let's say we tell everyone, 'We'll try again next year.' and they give us this same question? Will you, or I, or Tsume even feel the same? We all agree we couldn't be more ready for this. When will you break the cycle? And if you say the same thing next year, what then? The year after you'll still feel the same? Cho, the safe path is often a good one to go, but we're ninja. Sometimes the safe path is impossible.

"We deal with uncertainty every day. Death, failure, loss... it's a part of our life. We have to accept that. Minimize it? Sure. But there are times when we have to risk all that, because we have to do what we feel is right. You claim to be protecting us, to be thinking of us, but we know all too well the consequences of failing. Would you deny us what we want? We know what we're doing. We know the risks, and are willing to accept the consequences of failure. You can't always control the odds. You won't always have a sure thing, and we know this situation is one of those times. You say it doesn't matter what others will think of us walking away now, but that's not true. If we were the only team from the leaf village to step out like this, that would kill any chance to redeem ourselves as much as failing this question would, and you have to know that. It may not matter to us that we're considered the best, but it matters to others. In their eyes, how far must we have fallen if we can't do what these rookie teams are willing to attempt?" Nikorasu paused, not wanting ot try to drive that point home any more.

"Listen, Cho... we both are willing to accept the cost of failure. We know the odds, and we accept them. I can't ask you to go through with this if you can't. Like I said, if you wish to bow out, I'll still be behind you. I'm your teammate and your friend. I don't a have any siblings. You two..." Nikorasu looked briefly at Tenro. Did he really have the thought of including a dog in what he was about to say? "Three... maybe... are the closest to sibling I got. I won't throw that away. So, if you want to step out, I will stand, say I am through, and walk out, because we
  19. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: You guys are KILLING ME!! LOL! :p WHEW!!

Cho-tana Hakkai
    Exam Room

Cho stared at her desk, suddenly feeling very tired. Nikorasu listened silently as did Tsume.

Nikorasu leaned to his left, bringing himself closer to her, and spoke quietly enough for only his two teammates to hear. "Yes, Cho. I really can tell you that. And, you're right. Sometimes taking that step back to examine a situation is not wrong to do, but sometimes it is everything wrong to do." He paused a moment. "So, let's say we back out. Let's say we tell everyone, 'We'll try again next year.' and they give us this same question? Will you, or I, or Tsume even feel the same? We all agree we couldn't be more ready for this. When will you break the cycle? And if you say the same thing next year, what then? The year after you'll still feel the same? Cho, the safe path is often a good one to go, but we're ninja. Sometimes the safe path is impossible." He paused.

"We deal with uncertainty every day. Death, failure, loss... it's a part of our life. We have to accept that. Minimize it? Sure. But there are times when we have to risk all that, because we have to do what we feel is right. You claim to be protecting us, to be thinking of us, but we know all too well the consequences of failing. Would you deny us what we want? We know what we're doing. We know the risks, and are willing to accept the consequences of failure. You can't always control the odds. You won't always have a sure thing, and we know this situation is one of those times. You say it doesn't matter what others will think of us walking away now, but that's not true. If we were the only team from the leaf village to step out like this, that would kill any chance to redeem ourselves as much as failing this question would, and you have to know that. It may not matter to us that we're considered the best, but it matters to others. In their eyes, how far must we have fallen if we can't do what these rookie teams are willing to attempt?" Nikorasu paused,

"Listen, Cho... we both are willing to accept the cost of failure. We know the odds, and we accept them. I can't ask you to go through with this if you can't. Like I said, if you wish to bow out, I'll still be behind you. I'm your teammate and your friend. I don't a have any siblings. You two..." Nikorasu looked briefly at Tenro. Did he really have the thought of including a dog in what he was about to say? "Three... maybe... are the closest to sibling I got. I won't throw that away. So, if you want to step out, I will stand, say I am through, and walk out, because we can't do this if you don't want to be there." Nikorasu grew silent.

Cho sat still for what felt like several looong moments, her fingers digging into her palms.

.. Were they right? She could be over-thinking this thing. She could see them doing that in this sort of test. And what if they were right. Then it would have been her, to hold them back.

And she did trust her teammates. Maybe that was the test? On just how far you were willing to trust your team?

She planted both hands down into her lap.

"Ok." she said, barely above a whisper.

She didnt want to go, any more than they did. But she didnt want to be the cause of their failure either. She really hoped that they were right.

She really hoped that all the things they stated earlier really was true, in case this was wrong. But at least all of them would find out. If this part of the test was so dang hard, she really hated to see what would be coming next!!!

She gave them a small smile, as she kept her hands in her lap. Her head ached, and she really wanted to leave now.

TAG: Team Three, Tee
  20. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    IC: Hlaalu Eno

After the nine questions were answered, Eno took a look at the room

The classroom was only half filled than it was before. All eyes were at the front of the room.

?Before I get to the tenth question there are some new rules I need to tell you. Yes rules that have everything to do with the tenth question. All teammates must pass this question or all fail. Not only will you fail the test, but you can not take the test ever again. All of you will be taken out of the program, no longer ninja. There is no if and or buts. You have the choice to leave now and apply for next year when ready, or FOREVER FAIL!!! I make the rules and this is the final say.?

Throughout the room several Genin tried to protest but it was to no avail. The moans of dissatisfaction of the rules vied heavily on all the teams. Several hands rose up in the air indicating that they would rather continue being ninja than to lose it all because they failed the question.

Wow....this is intense, Eno thought. To fail...forever? Who would come up with a rule like that. Apparently this was hitting people hard. Someone whom he thought was Cho raised her hand. Another one yelled out random obscenities, telling the room to "SHUT UP."

He looked to Akako and Oni were sitting. They hadn't raised their hand. They were ready. Eno needed to be strong too. He had already risked his life in battle; he would risk a title. He did not raised his hand. He was confident he would pass. He smiled at both Oni and Akako signaling he was ready for anything that was thrown at them.

TAG: TEE
  21. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4

Tsume glanced at Nikorasu and listened intently as the boy practically whispered. He nodded to himself, and for the benefit for Cho, if nothing else to show that he agreed 100%.

The Inuzuka boy?s heart soared as Cho finally put her hands in her lap and said a single word that couldn?t have carried more meaning.

?Ok?

Tsume smiled gently at her, still somehow retaining a hint of the menacing nature he carried when his beanie was down to his eyes.

At last, he hopped down from the table and placed a hand on Cho?s shoulder and squeezed reassuringly. Tsume then looked at Nikorasu and winked confidently.

?Alright?. Well lets do this then.?

He didn?t want to say anymore to either of them, just on the off chance that Cho changed her mind and bolted for the door. It was a reluctant agreement, but Tsume was just happy that it was over. Now they had a chance. He would be utterly and completely surprised if they failed now. Whatever the tenth question was, it had to be hard in order for as many people to leave as they did. The room was much.. much more spacious now than it had been when the exam had begun. Tsume elected to go back to his seat, sure that his and Nikorasu?s moving around had probably upset someone important.

He sat back down in front of Tenro, who had stayed in his spot on the table the entire time.

Tsume just held his hand up defensively to forestall comments.

?Don?t say it. It?s done, we are here and that?s all there is..?

Tenro simple turned around on the desk and lay down, facing the proctor.

Alright Inuzuka?. You got here, don?t fail this part. You probably won?t be able to take a glance from Cho if you fail here. Put everything you got into getting this last question right? and pray that the rest of the exams are some kind of performance test..?

Tsume was more than sure that team three could pass anything that came after them physically. But all of this mental examination was getting tough. Sure, this was what being a Ninja meant. But Tsume began to wonder about certain things.

What good would the best Chuunin, or in fact Jounin leader do in the field? in a situation where your teammates were not reliable?

Tsume had in no way lost faith or respect for Cho for what she had done, he knew she was just looking out for the team as a whole.

But what would happen to another team later on if they were on a mission, and a single member just gave up? What happened when a Ninja didn?t have the mental fortitude to continue at all costs? How did a leader react to that kind of situation, when someone they trust with their lives lets them down?

Tsume knew the answer and grimaced inside.

If something like that ever happened? the whole team was as good as dead.

Tsume had to stay strong, in case something like that ever did happen. He hoped it never would. He did trust Nik and Cho with his life already?.

?but that was kind of the point wasn?t it??

The thoughts swirled around Tsume?s mind as they waited for the last question.

Tag Team three, Tee
  22. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    GM Note: I just love the character development and interaction between teams. Keep up the good work. Don?t get over stressed!!!!

Also a reminder that GM controls all NPC?s.

************Squads Updates************

Story Arc: The Chuunin Exams - The Canyon of Lost Souls

~Sunagakure, Sand Village~

Yamaitachi was sent to find info in the old run down hotel in one of the lower districts of the Sand Village. There the summoning weasel of Zurui climbed around to get the best available spot for a hiding place in a room that housed the Rain Ninja.

?Ok Jin, let?s go over this one more time. Once all teams come back we should find out who will be fighting who in the third stage. Hopefully our teams make it through. It will be a month before the event takes place but after that I think things will go well. Let?s just say I can be pretty persuasive.? Said the red hair male with green eyes.

Nothing else was said and the Rain ninja kept quiet in their rooms. Nothing more was revealed to the weasel so he decided to head back and tell Zurui his findings.

TAG: BaSSil

????????????.......................................

~Exam Room, Sungakure~

You have the choice to leave now and apply for next year when ready, or FOREVER FAIL!!!

Those were the words all the teams weighed on their minds. It was not taken lightly. Toboki Kobe had done his job. He was a master at interrogations. Breaking peoples spirits down until there is nothing left. Making some even give up their own mothers, as a trade off to get out of such a situation. He loved every minute of it and didn?t care you knew. He had no heart for the weak and he showed it.

The stress was getting to almost everyone in the room. While some made defiant outbursts in protest to the rule others had emotional breakdowns and almost became violent. Other teams had conversed with other members trying to persuade them to forfeit or go on. Kobe allowed it all to sink in to each of the Genin for this was nothing out of the ordinary. He waited for twenty minutes until it appeared that the last remaining teams were left.

Before the test started there were close to two hundred people and now only sixty people remained. More than he wanted but it would do. He then held out his hand to motion that it was time.

?Well it looks like we have our lot. Since all of you have decided to stay. I shall reveal the info on the tenth question. As most of you may have noticed the nine questions were not the typical questions that could be answered by most Genin. Therefore you probably figured the only to get the answers was to cheat. This was the test. It was about how you gathered intel. We put several Chuunin in specific areas to be sitting targets to be cheated off of. Those who cheated poorly, failed.?

?Though this was a team effort, it put pressure on every member to not mess things up for their team and focus on the task at hand. In missions , a ninja is sent in squads that are considered high risk missions to gather information. How that is obtained depends on the skills of the ninja. In many cases your life is on the line. If the enemy notices you, there is no guarantee that the info is accurate. Information in your hands can be a powerful weapon for your comrades and village. As a ninja you must know the risk. There is no time to decide if you want to quit, because you are worried you will get hurt or die. Even if you feel that you have sealed that fate for your teammates, if you accept to go or not."

"Those who quit are not worthy of being ninja. This is a leap of faith in yourself, your teammates and in your abilities to be able to accomplish your missions, no matter what the risks are. This is what being a Chuunin is all about. They are captains that lead squads in to dangerous missions at times. There is no room for the weak, if you can?t commit to a mission or your squad then, it will lead to failure of the mission or even death.
  23. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4

Tsume's eyes dropped in disbelief. After all of that trouble to cheat, and then the huge hype about the tenth question and it turned out to be a test within itself. To actually stay regardless of the consequences.

The boy thought it was a little absurd, but in the same respect, it was also very innovative and devastatingly effective. The huge room was almost empty now compared to what it had been before. Tsume noted with a bit of satisfaction that none of the rookie genin teams from the Leaf had backed down. It looked like the Leaf ninja were coming in with guns blazing. That boded well for the future.

While some genin were a bit more enthusiastic than others, about speaking out against rules, the fact remained that they were all there. And that was the most important part.

Eventually they found themselves by the canyon for the next test. Tsume had his hands in his pants pockets as he listened to the parameters of the next portion of the test. He could tell where it was going from the start. If each team was given one scroll or the other, and they needed both, there was going to be battling. Tsume grinned on the inside. Now things were getting interesting. They had to take a scroll from someone in the group around them, without losing their own.

Without seeming to, Tsume began using his peripherals to size up the people around him. Seeing how they held themselves. Which direction they leaned as they listened. It was all a science to the Inuzuka boy. If they leaned to the left, then psychology said that they favored that side to dodge attacks. Likewise with the right. That didn't mean they couldn't use the other side to dodge, it just gave some statistics on how to head off an opponent and stay one step ahead. That knowledge alone could end a fight before it heated up too much.

Finally the consent forms were passed out. Tsume looked it over and signed it himself. Then looked down at Tenro who shrugged in the way that only a canine could. So Tsume bent down and broke his pen in half and poured the ink on Tenro's paw. The wolf stared at the paper for a moment. Then stamped his inked up paw on the line next to Tsume's signature. After which, Tsume wiped the paw back down, as to not give anyone else a mode of tracking them.

Team Three turned in their forms and got their map, heaven scroll and gate number. They made their way to gate 33 and waited. Tsume couldn't help but feel confident at this part of the test.

?You know... I never really realized until now, just how balanced our team was. I mean I can read maps pretty well and between Tenro and I we can track just about anything that leaves a trace in the earth or the air. Nikorasu has a 360 degree field of vision that can tell us if we are about to get ambushed and is absolutely pivotal to the group for security, and with Cho's facility with plants and animals.... I'd say we have a pretty good chance here. Survival wont be an issue I think. And on top of all that, we are all pretty decent fighters. Without getting too cocky... I think this is gonna be pretty fun.?

The gates opened and they Tsume took the lead. Tenro ahead of him, falling in naturally the way they always did with Team three. Nose and scout first.

?Just a friendly tip though. I know we have all been working on getting better on our own time. But when we find the enemy, it would probably be a good idea not to pull out the stops on our Jutsu. Theres still one part of the test after this, I don't know about you two, but I like to have an ace in the hole. Right Ten??

The pup didn't look back as he spoke up.

?You talk too much Claw.?

Tsume smiled.

?I guess I do... but it's only because I am eager to find out if we meet that Sand Genin team that tried starting trouble last week. They need to be taught not to underestimate us. This would be the time to do it. So...hopefully they have an earth scroll and we run across them.....?

Tsume stuck his arms behind his head and seemed to relax visibly. A facade for watching enemies.

?In any event.... what do you guys think our
  24. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Canyon of Lost Souls

Clever.

A bit of a turn around compared to when he called the exam crazy but with the large amounts of mind-numbing stress and teammates having nervous breakdowns now having passed, Alec could appreciate the complexity of the exams. The cheating to test their ability for information gathering, their resolve when faced with the tenth question, it was all quite clever when Alec looked back on it. One perfectly suited to test if they were indeed ready to take the next step to being ninjas.

It was probably all the relief that Alec felt at having passed the written exam that made him feel so cheerful now. Despite the challenges and other ominous-sounding fates that seemed to await them, Alec seemed to shrug it off with ease. Canyon of Lost Souls? Doesn't sound too bad. Possibility of death? Sure, when isn't there for a ninja? Fight other ninjas to take their scrolls? Just gonna have to be better then them now won't they? All this in the five day time frame? Plenty of time!

Some portion of the Genin's mind wondered if he was having some kind of breakdown of his own when he thought about whistling as he signed the consent form.

When he received the earth scroll, Alec only gave it the most cursory of glances before sliding it into a pocket of his vest. The contents of the scroll did come into question but Alec just immediately forgot about it once it was lost within the depths of his vest pocket. It's not like anything important would be in a scroll, Alec reasoned as he and his team trotted off to the gate. It was just a simple prop meant for this exam so any thoughts of opening it and seeing what was within just didn't come to mind at all.

"Hm..." Alec murmured once they went through their gate, taking a nice look at their surroundings of the canyon. Just like the rest of the land apparently; sand and rock. As he turned to Shiro and Nukaro, Alec straightened his goggles and the mask that covered his nose and mouth.

"So where do we start?" Alec questioned, that good cheer that he still held making it into his voice just a little while he went to take a look at the map that Nukaro was given.

TAG: Team Eight, Tee
  25. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Sato Manami
    Sunakagure

Surprise, confusion, realisation and then relief. These were the emotions Manami felt as the exam proctor informed the remaining genin that they had successfully passed the first stage of the exam. After listening to the proctor explain the meaning behind the exams, it all made quite a lot of sense in hindsight. Cheers and celebrations started to fill the air, but they were cut short as cracking sound and a puff of smoke drew everyone?s attention back to the front of the room. A blonde haired ninja wearing the increasingly familiar Sand Shinobi uniform appeared before them as the smoke cleared

?Alright you maggots, no time to rest, the second part of your exam is about to be on it?s way. I am Shoto, Mitachi and I will be your proctor for the second phase. As you can see the Chuunin are passing out directions for the third exam. You have one hour to get there or be disqualified.?

Straight and too the point, the new proctor promptly disappeared in another cloud of smoke. Manami picked up the instruction sheet that was given out and then started making her way out of the classroom to meet up with her team-mates. Once they were together, they made their way towards the second exams location.

~The Canyon of Lost Souls~

The instructions contained a map that led the teams to a large canyon on the outskirts of the village. A man made barbed wire fence surrounded it, which was emblazoned with danger! And Keep Out! Signs. To the right, was a booth that had three sand village chuunin sitting behind it. Manami stood, not saying anything but just taking everything in. This place came across as slightly sinister in nature to her, but perhaps that was the way it was designed to be. When all the teams were present, Shoto Mitachi stood in front of one of the gates and began to address everyone

?Welcome to the second phase of the test. This place is called the Canyon of Lost Souls. Why is it called that? Well you will find out soon enough. Before we start you need to sign a consent form. Just in case you die, cause I am not going to be responsible for any of your deaths?

Manami furrowed her brows as the proctor chuckled and started handing out consent forms to the waiting genin. He then continued his instructions

The second exam is an ultimate survival test. There are fifty locked gates around the canyon. In the middle is a man made lake. Near the lake is a tower. That tower is the finishing line for the task all of you must complete in order to move to the third phase of the exam.?

The proctor then revealed two scrolls to the group. One scroll was red and had the kanji for earth written on it, and the other was blue, this had the kanji for heaven written on it. Their task? The ultimate survival test. To start off with either a heaven or earth scroll, but too have both scrolls in their possession and enter a tower in the centre of the canyon in order to advance to the third stage.
    The proctor gave an evil smirk as he answered his own question regarding getting the other scroll.

??Why you fight each other for it. That is how. There are no rules on how you get a scroll. But there is a rule once you get your scrolls. Don?t open the scrolls at all. This is to test your integrity as ninja. For sometimes there are missions such as classified packages that a ninja must deliver. You do not open the package for it can cost you the mission and perhaps cause a major conflict. So believe me you do not want to open the scroll. That is all the warning I will give?

Manami continued to listen to the proctors words. They would not know which teams had which type of scroll, it would all be done in secret. They would then be given a gate number. The exam also had a time limit which was five days

??On the fifth day at midday the test will be over. Those who don?t get both scrolls fail. The ones that do should have already entered the tower and received their instructions. Now let?s get you all assigned scrolls, maps and gates. Good l
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.