main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive ~*~<=Way of the Ninja=>~*~

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Teegirloo, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Tatsumaki Chenzura

"Ah, ruin all of my fun." Chenzura said laughing jokingly. "Actually that does sound like a much better idea. I will go in under the alias of my father though, to remove any suspicion. I'll have to send a message to him just to make sure he doesn't pop in unexpectedly." he added. He then unrolled his scroll and summoned just enough chakra to summon a smaller eagle. "Here I want you to take this to my father." he said to the bird. He then wrote a small note and handed it to the bird who took it in its beak, then soared of to Kumogakure. "Ok I think that takes care of that." Chenzura said, he then proceeded to use a transformation jutsu to make himself appear more like his father, pretty much an older version of himself but with facial hair. "Okay let's get going." he added, his voice now deeper and stronger than his own, his father's voice. "And don't worry, it doesn't take me much chakra to maintain this jutsu, not that I have to change much." he added with a laugh as he looked himself over.

TAG: Osuka, Zurui.

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Cho-tana Hakkai
    Element Learning, Ninja Academy

Cho-tana wlooked around, trying to see what the other students had. She saw one or two other earth users... That was comforting. She turned her head, when Hashimoto spoke up.

"I hope kaah that they place us in a squad together. Kooh Wouldn't that be great?" Hashimoto said, and she noticed that he was looking at her, and...was he blushing?

Cho-tana nodded and smiled, giving a soft laugh. "I hope so too." she said softly, trying hard not to notice how the color of his blush complemented his eyes. "I think we would make a good team." She turned her eyes, and looked around the room once more. Most of the other students were clumped together in different groups, but one kid sat by himself.

Cho-tana leaned forward to her friends.

"Do, any of you know who THAT guy is.." she said softly, nodding towards the young man sitting alone next to the red head. She saw him lean, like he had wanted to say something to her, but then changed his mind. She simply wondered why he was sitting alone.

She wondered what sensei would have next for them.

TAG: Jiraiya/Hashimoto/Sensei/Other Students

3. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Of Uzumaki Jiraiya
    Ninja Academy, Classroom

Jiraiya glanced over quickly and then turned back to Cho-tana. He knew him.

?Oh, that?s Hyuga Nikorasu, he?s a member of my mother?s clan. Her cousin?s son, if I recall correctly. I?ve met him a few times, but we were never really that close. He?s pretty hard to talk to, since he?s so shy.?

Jiraiya shrugged. He wasn?t at all interested in his second cousin. He truly wanted to talk more about the Wind element and it?s varying strengths and weaknesses, or even about the trio as a squad, but neither seemed appropriate to bring back up. So, he brought up other concerns.

?Do you think Yoshio will teach us to use our elements??

Tag: Ktala and Whill

4. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Cho-tana Hakkai

"Do, any of you know who THAT guy is.." she said softly, nodding towards the young man sitting alone next to the red head. She saw him lean, like he had wanted to say something to her, but then changed his mind. She simply wondered why he was sitting alone.

Jiraiya glanced over quickly and then turned back to Cho-tana. He knew him.

Oh, that's Hyuga Nikorasu, he's a member of my mother's clan. Her cousin's son, if I recall correctly. I've met him a few times, but we were never really that close. He's pretty hard to talk to, since he's so shy."

Jiraiya shrugged. and then changed subjects. "Do you think Yoshio will teach us to use our elements?"

Cho-tana turned back around to look at Jiraiya. She would think about talking to the other boy later. She was surprised that Jiraiya didnt speak to him. But boys were strange. She smiled. Jiraiya was still excited, and wated to talk about the elements.

"Well, I hope so. At least the beginning of them." She tilted her head. "Im afraid I really dont know too much of ANYTHING about element training, or using them. How they work, or anything like that, so this is entirely new to me." she said, hoping she didnt sound silly.

"I dont even know the basics, so this is all exciting for me.." she added with a grin.

5. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    *********************UPDATE*******************

Border of the Village Hidden in the Rock

While traveling, Chenzura, Zurui and Osuka made some strategic plans to enter and investigate the claims of the Rock ninja Toru. The road to Iwagakure was a hard one. Unlike the forests that are full of life in the Leaf village. The Rock village was a barren wasteland. The heat was unbearable as the ninja crossed the mountains that hid the village.

The Rock village was full of poor people that struggled to survive. Some entered a life of crime only to make ends meet. Iwagakure was nothing like Konoha. Though Konoha had issues with poverty, just like any other village, people took care of each other. The Rock village looked as if people were not as fortunate by the way the town looked. It was not a clean as some of the streets were had some litter on the ground.

It was also filled with people vying for food or trying to catch a person unaware so they can pickpocket their money. It was not the regular tourists spot though It did have it?s share of place that a tourists may go. There was a bath house close by where some ladies just entered as well as a couple of men. Not too far in the village was a bar and a gambling spot. There were several restaurants that were packed with people enjoying their food. There were plenty of places for the ninja to go, but where to start was the question.

No one seemed to pay any mind to the newcomers that arrived. Though looks could be deceiving. There was a peddler that noticed the ninja right away.

?Can you spare some money please, I have five children to feed.? He asked the Leaf ninja extending his hand out to them.

TAG: BaSSil, chanbill, Cemerox

Element Learning,, Ninja Academy

Each student had a paper in front of them. Some were eager to know what element they were other?s looked terrified. It was common for there to be mixed emotions. Yoshio understood all too well. He started over to one of the students, Tsume who was trying to get the paper out of his dog?s mouth. Yoshio chuckled a bit at the little confrontation the puppy was giving him. ?Tsume? said Yoshio Sensei after he finally had the paper in his hand. ?What has your element revealed??

The boy handed him the crumbled paper in his hand and Yoshio smiled. ?Excellent, you have an affinity to Lightning. I think that will benefit you later in your Ninja career.?

He said before moving on to the next student. Nyuubai looked really calm before he attempted to find his element. Yoshio wondered if the boy already knew what it was before he started the academy. Though the boy seemed mysterious with his rebreather on, Yoshio sensed that being in the academy opened him up. Nyuubai held out his hand and the paper became soggy.

?Not surprised,? he said as the paper dripped on the desk. Yoshio felt his suspicions of knowing his element were true. It was alright with Yoshio, it just meant that the boy had training a little bit earlier than most. ?Water is a very good element. There are many jutsu?s that can be used with that. ? exclaimed Yoshio.

The sensei continued to make his rounds to each student. Eno seemed more eager than most to learn his element. He lifted the paper, but then suddenly yelped as the paper caught fire and burned into ashes. ?Fire element is very powerful, and is a symbol of the Leaf Village. I believe you will do it justice.? He smiled at Eno giving the boy a reassurances.

Manami was next as Yoshio watched the young girl pick up her paper and study it. She infused her chakra then waited to see what happened. The paper crumbled into dust. She looked surprised, yet happy about the revealing. Yoshio stepped up to her and congratulated her. ?Well done, Earth quite a useful element and I think that it will be something that suits you well.?

Nikorasu was next. He looked timid at the thought of his discovering his

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Cho-tana Hakkai

Cho-tana turned back around to look at Jiraiya. She would think about talking to the other boy later. She was surprised that Jiraiya didnt speak to him. But boys were strange. She smiled. Jiraiya was still excited, and wated to talk about the elements.

"Well, I hope so. At least the beginning of them." She tilted her head. "Im afraid I really dont know too much of ANYTHING about element training, or using them. How they work, or anything like that, so this is entirely new to me." she said, hoping she didnt sound silly.

"I dont even know the basics, so this is all exciting for me.." she added with a grin.

All the students had found their element. Yoshio sensei had gone around the room, complimenting each student.

Yoshio walked toward the front of the classroom with a smile on his face. "Congratulations to you all. Learning your element is apart of learning who you are., though right now it?s too soon to learn jutsu toward those elements. You will learn in the future but not just yet, you need to learn the basics first before you move on to more advanced techniques geared toward your element."

"The next step for all of you is something that requires us to go outside, once again. Please follow me to the training grounds once more." Outside again?! Excited, Cho-tana followed the other students out of the classroom. As they headed out, she said a quick, "hi!" to the student who had been by themself the entire time...the cousin of Jaraiya.

"Now that we are here once again, we are not going to do chakra training. This time we are going to do a different kind of training that is just as essential to a ninja as chakra is. I?m talking about kunai and shuriken practice. Using your weapons to hit your target. If you look on the trees you will see targets on each of them. I want to pair you up and have you and your partner take turns in hitting the target straight in the middle of the bulls eye. We will start with kunai first."

Yoshio stepped up and pulled his kunai out. Then aimed it at one of the targets. The kunai flew like a dart right in the middle of the bulls eye. "This isn?t easy as it looks. It will take a long time before you can actually master it, I don?t expect you all to be able to hit the middle right now. In time and with practice you will... "Now when I call out your names go to a tree. Chotana and Nyuubai you two are partners. Please pick a tree and start. Next is Nikorasa and Eno. Please do the same and pick a tree. Next is Jiraiya and Tsume, followed by Tatsuya and Manami."

She grinned. She had been paired with Nyuubia. She smiled as she took out her kunai. "I know how to throw these..thought not THAT well..but that other..Im not sure."

She grinned. "You can go first."

7. Whill_I_Am

Whill_I_Am Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2008
    IC: Hashimoto Nyuubai

Hashimoto looked most pleased with the fact he had been paired up with Cho-tana, and his thoughts briefly trailed to Jiraiya, wondering how he would fare alongsize the Inuzuka boy. Shaking his head, he followed the rest of the students and stood before Cho-tana, grinning, though for perhaps the hundredth time, it was hidden beneath the rebreather. A deep blush colored the visible portion of his cheeks and his breathing increased, the rasp of the rebreather trying desperately to keep up as he stood by himself, without the accompaniment of his friend, with the girl he liked.

Cho-tana had given Hashimoto the incentive to go first and drawing a kunai from his pouch, he stood, his cloak weighing down his shoulders. A quick throw caused the kunai to veer so far from the tree that it rustled in the bushes. Although he knew he wouldn't have hit the target on the first try, he seemingly felt embarrassed enough to lower his head in shame. "Does she think less of me?" Nyuubai wondered, his lavender eyes looking for some sort of encouragement as he raised his head to meet her gaze.

"I... tsssk screwed up..." He rasped, tipping his hat down to hide his face. Perhaps if Nyuubai could give her some encouragement, Cho-tana would like him a little more. "kaashk Your turn, Cho-tana-chan," He hoped the honorific was acceptable. He'd known her but a day or so, and they weren't very close. Though his eyes showed he cared, and he gave her a thumbs up gesture.

TAG: Cho-tana/Sensei

8. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Hyuga Nikorasu
    Ninja Academy

Nikorasu sat silently in his shyness as Yoshio Sensei made his rounds, congratulating the others as he did so. Nikorasu merely nodded his thanks as Yoshio complimented him on his element. He was hardly paying attention. Nikorasu kept shooting fleeting glances at the girl beside him, trying to will himself to say something... anything. Nothing was coming out, though he was trying. Every time he was about to open his mouth, he'd lock up. He hated it. His fists clenched under the desk as his jaw trembled with his anger. Why was this so hard? Everyone else could talk to each other. Did Nikorasu fear rejection? What harm would come of saying, "Hi, how are you?"

Yoshio called the class to attention. It helped Nikorasu to relax some, as he let his mind drift away from the anger that was growing inside him--the anger directed at himself. Yoshio announced that the class would once again move outdoors. Nikorasu was grateful for the distraction. He stood, moving out with the rest of the class. His enthusiasm quickly left him when he heard what they were training on. Of all the things that Nikorasu might be gifted in, marksmanship was not one of them. He wasn't the worst at throwing kunai and shurikens, but he was most certainly not the best. An audible groan escaped him as he saw Yoshio effortlessly hurl the kunai dead center of the target.

Nikorasu barely noticed that they were getting divided into pairs. He was staring at the target on the tree that he was supposed to be throwing at. He moved over to where they would be throwing from, and stood there, just staring. He vaguely recalled that he was with the student named Eno. He didn't know him very well. He hadn't heard anything about him, but that was hardly surprising. Nikorasu did keep to himself most of the time.

He was still staring at the target when Eno came up beside him. Nikorasu had hardly moved, as he thought about this current situation. Would they laugh at him when he missed? He saw a fellow student throw a kunai into the bushes just then, so perhaps not. But what if they did? Was this really what he was afraid of? He'd practiced throwing with his father quite a lot, and had only improved slightly. What kind of ninja would he be if he couldn't even throw a kunai accurately?

It was then that Nikorasu decided it didn't matter. It didn't matter what happened. It didn't matter if people laughed. It didn't matter anymore. He was tired of this. He needed to try. A sad smile crossed his face as another thought went through his head. Besides, no one likes me anyways. What is there to lose? His expression changed then, turning determined. He reached behind him, pulled out his kunai and prepared to throw it, just as his father had taught him. He only took a moment to check himself, to aim. And then, he threw the kunai.

It was not a good throw. It was actually very pathetic. Nikorasu had been aiming for dead center of the target. He had certainly put enough power into it, but the kunai flew about ten feet too high. It glanced off the tree, changing its course, sending it flying into the woods. Nikorasu blushed, looking down as a grimace crossed his face. That was a very bad throw.

TAG: Eno, others

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Cho-tana Hakkai
    Kunai tossing, Ninja Academy

She waved to Jiraiya, as she moved off to partner up with Nyuubia, and he headed for his partner. She had said hi to the boy Hyuga, but he had not responded to her. Oh well, maybe next time. She followed Nyuubai to a tree..

She grinned. She had been paired with Nyuubia. She smiled as she took out her kunai. "I know how to throw these..thought not THAT well..but that other, shuriken,..Im not sure."

She grinned. "You can go first." she said to Hashimoto. She noticed his breathing change, but he didnt look like he was in trouble, so she didnt say anything. She simply smiled.

Cho-tana had given Hashimoto the incentive to go first and drawing a kunai from his pouch, he stood, his cloak weighing down his shoulders. A quick throw caused the kunai to veer so far from the tree that it rustled in the bushes. She noticed his lavender eyes looking towards her, as he raised his head to meet her gaze.

"I... tsssk screwed up..." He rasped, tipping his hat down to hide his face.

She smiled, as she walked over to him. "Dont worry about it. After all, its only our second day." She looked at his cloak. "Your cloak might be interfearing with your throw. If your going to keep it on, you just need to adjust your technique."

Nyuubai spoke up then, "kaashk Your turn, Cho-tana-chan," He hoped the honorific was acceptable. He'd known her but a day or so, and they weren't very close. Though his eyes showed he cared, and he gave her a thumbs up gesture.

Now it was Cho-tana's turn to blush furiously, as she heard him add 'chan' to her name. She smiled, and nodded, looking at her tree, so he couldnt see the mischievous gleam in her eye.

"I am used to throwing knives. I was brought up outdoors..." she said softly to Nyuubai as she concentrated on her tree. She felt awkward when she was trying to work with her chakra, and other stuff, but this she knew. She steadied her breathing, and concentrated on her tree. On the exhale, she sent her knife whirling.

It whizzed through the air, and sank in the tree. It hit above the target, well above the bullseye, but she had managed to hit the tree. "Hmm...maybe its different when your moving.." she murmured softly, frowning a bit. She then suddenly broke into a smile. Unfortunately, throwing a shuriken, is going to be much harder." she said grinning. She then turned to look at Nyuubai. "Come on, I'll help you find your kunai!" she said with a smile, as she moved towards the tree, to retrieve hers.

TAG: Jiraiya/Hashimoto/Sensei/Other Students (Hyuga)

10. Whill_I_Am

Jul 1, 2008

Hashimoto gave a nod to Cho-tana noting that after he used the honorific she had blushed. Did she like him too? His mind wandered for a moment as he watched her take aim and actually hit the tree. It wasn't the bullseye, but it was better than anything he had attempted. Nyuubai smiled as she gave him sage advice, and briefly he examined his cloak. It was fairly heavy, like that of a rain poncho or an all-weather cloak, and he shifted his shoulders a few times to get a better feel for it. His technique would surely need to be adjusted accordingly.

His ears nearly perked at the next words Cho-tana spoke to him, and Nyuubai felt weak at the knees, despite how innocent the comment was. "Come on, I'll help you find your kunai!" Hashimoto didn't know what to do, stumbling ahead almost as if in a daze as he followed his partner towards the tree. The two straw umbrellas on his back scraped gently against his cloak and he ran with his arms at his sides to catch up to her. "Cho-tana-chan, kkkhk your shot was perfect," He said, complimenting her as he noted her long dark hair for what he couldn't believe was the first time.

"Focus Nyuubai! You are training! Training what? How to make a fool of yourself in front of a girl? FOCUS!" Nyuubai snapped back to reality as he gave yet another smile, hidden by his rebreather. He wasn't shy about showing his face, but perhaps in time, when he was in a real squad, Hashimoto could reveal his face to his teammates. After all, if he couldn't trust his teammates or his friends, there was no one left.

11. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Inuzuka Tsume
    Training grounds again

Once more Tsume found himself following Yoshio Sensei out to the tree's that had served as their training ground the day prior. Tenro was in his customary spot, on top of Tsume's head. A minute after everyone had arrived, Yoshio Sensei announced the bread and butter of the Ninja... weapons training.

Kunai and Shuriken.

The basic tools and weapons of the Shinobi. Multiple uses, sizes, shapes and complexities. Tsume's father Kiba had shown him the various tools of the ninja before most of his missions, drilling the types and uses into Tsume's brain until he could commit them all to memory. While Tsume could admire and appreciate the necessity of small weapons, he rather preferred the larger ones. His favorite among them, the Demon Wind Shuriken. He had never used it but rather had seen his father train with one on occasion. The complexity and mechanics needed to use such a weapon baffled Tsume and left him in awe. Now, however, he needed to learn how to use the basic ones before he could jump into his wants. Kunai were generally easy for him to toss. The shuriken on the other hand were much more complex. Having 4 points to them a hole in the center, they were well balanced weapons but at the same time very difficult to toss straight. One was difficult enough. But Tsume had seen Shinobi with a small shuriken tucked neatly between all of their fingers, wave their hand and have all 4 of them land exactly where they had been aimed. This of course astounded Tsume. He would practice primarily on the Shuriken and leave the Kunai throwing for home.

His eyes popped up as he heard his name called with Jiraiya.

Lord Hokage's son? Great... hopefully he isn't spoiled.

There were two sides to Tsume that people rarely saw. On the outside, comical things happened to him and he seemed to be a clown. This was life, things simply happened to him due in part mostly to his small wolf dog companion. But this was all taken in stride, for when the times called for it... it was as if Tsume could shut off his brain and simply observe. As if he could step back from his body and look at the world around him while things happened. This was no secret Jutsu.. or ninja art. Just a personality quirk that he had developed early on. An example of this strange happening would have been a few minutes prior. Tenro had eaten his Chakra paper, and he was indeed stressed about it at the time. But while he was struggling with his little dog, his eyes were slipping back and forth across the room to see what people were doing. He saw what they wore, sometimes lack there-of. He noted those who already carried their own shuriken and Kunai pouches. And got a simple impression of the feeling of his surroundings. Al the while it just seemed that he was a hapless kid struggling to pull a ball of paper from his stubborn puppy.

It was now, that he was paired up with someone of interest, that Tsume switched into that mentality of observation. Only this time it was obvious. He had made it to the tree first, but had elected to wait for his training counterpart before starting. Even yesterday with the brief time that he had had to look, he noticed a kind of rivalry between Jiraiya and Tatsuya. Tsume liked Tatsuya's personality. Jiraiya seemed a bit strange.

He pulled a Shuriken from his pouch and stuck it on his index finger, waiting for Jiraiya to come by to start. He would let the Hokages son throw first, so he could observe and try to improve upon the methods there. It was weapons training though, and even at age 12.. Tsume knew that such things were serious.

When Jiraiya decided to walk over, Tsume was ready and waiting for him, twirling the Shuriken on his finger with his thumb, looking serious beyond his years and staring into the eyes of the boy before him.

"You don't like Uchiha Tatsuya... why?"

A strange comment to break the ice, but one that Tsume deemed a good conversation starter.

Tag Jiraiya

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Cho-tana Hakkai

Cho-tana broke into a smile. "Unfortunately, throwing a shuriken, is going to be much harder." she said grinning. She then turned to look at Nyuubai. "Come on, I'll help you find your kunai!" she said with a smile, as she moved towards the tree, to retrieve hers.

She saw Hashimoto coming towards her, as she turned and yanked her kunai from the tree. She stared at the target for a moment, before she turned and smiled, waiting for Hashimoto to catch up, so they could find his kunai.

"Cho-tana-chan, kkkhk your shot was perfect," He said, complimenting her. She grinned. "Thanks. hehe.. Just dont expect that with the shurikens...I'll probably manged to lose it." she said with a smile. "If I dont stab myself with it." she added with a laugh. She shook her head, and got serious.

"Just hold yer breath a second, when you throw next time. I bet that will help alot!" Cho-tana replied, as she looked along the ground for Hashimoto's kunai. She found it stuck at the bottom of another tree. Cho-tana paused just a moment, to tuck up a loose strand of hair, before she reached down, and yanked the kunai from the base of the tree.

"Got it!" she called out, holding out the errant kunai for Hashimoto to take, so that they could throw them once more.

TAG: Hashimoto/Sensei/Other Students

13. DarthRaine

DarthRaine Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2008
    may i join?

14. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Sato Manami
    Ninja Academy, Weapons practice

Manami watched as Tatsuya held up some of the scorched paper and shrugged "Nothing too surprising, I guess. I'm a fire-element user. I'm fairly happy with it. Just not surprised. What about you? Are you happy you have earth based chakra?" She nodded her head ?It surprised me at first, but yes, I?m happy? She was going to ask Tatsuya another question, when from the corner of her eye she noticed the boy next to her. It looked as if he was about to start talking to her but then hesitated. She turned her head slightly and saw he had turned away and now had his head in his hands. ?Is he alright?? She thought, and was about to ask him, but Yoshio sensei then started making the rounds of the class and seeing which element each of his students possessed and congratulating them.

?Congratulations to you all. Learning your element is apart of learning who you are., though right now it?s too soon to learn jutsu toward those elements. You will learn in the future but not just yet, you need to learn the basics first before you move on to more advanced techniques geared toward your element?The next step for all of you is something that requires us to go outside, once again. Please follow me to the training grounds once more.?

Manami followed the sensei and the rest of her classmates outside into the same training area as they had been the day before. Yoshio sensei explained that today they were going to undertake some Kunai and shuriken practice. The trees had been decked out with targets. Yoshio then showed the class another flawless example, sending his kunai flying into the target and hitting it dead centre.

?This isn?t easy as it looks. It will take a long time before you can actually master it, I don?t expect you all to be able to hit the middle right now. In time and with practice you will?Now when I call out your names go to a tree??

Yoshio sensei began partnering up the students, putting Manami together with Tatsuya. She looked at Tatsuya and smiled, it would be nice being able to train together with her new friend ?You can go first if you would like Tatsuya? She said softly as the students began to break off into their pairs

TAG: Tatsuya/Sensei/Students

15. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Uchiha Tatsuya
    Ninja Academy

Tatsuya nodded as he heard Manami repond, ?It surprised me at first, but yes, I?m happy?. It looked as if she was going to keep talking when she noticed the same thing Tatsuya did. The Hyuga boy was attempting to begin conversation with them but appeared to be kind of shy.

Ah, I know how that feels, Tatsuya thought to himself. I'll see if I can't find a time to introduce myself later. He then waited for Manami to ask her question, but Yoshio-sensei began to take control of the class again.

?Congratulations to you all. Learning your element is apart of learning who you are., though right now it?s too soon to learn jutsu toward those elements. You will learn in the future but not just yet, you need to learn the basics first before you move on to more advanced techniques geared toward your element. The next step for all of you is something that requires us to go outside, once again. Please follow me to the training grounds once more.?

Tatsuya followed Manami and the rest of the students out of class. A benefit to sitting in the back meant he could pick where in the order he would leave. And he liked to remain as unnoticed as possible while he wasn't doing anything. If he was doing nothing, then it was probably his clan being noticed and not him. He wanted his skills to be what took notice.

It was revealed outside that this would be a ranged weapons practice session. Again, this was another thing that Tatsuya had always practiced. He would sneak out to the Uchiha's private training grounds and practice tossing kunai and shuriken. He was far more proficient with a shuriken than he was with kunai, something about the flow of throwing the shuriken appealed to him more than the kunai. Which is why he was a tad disappointed when Yoshio-sensei instructed, "We will start with kunai first.? before taking aim and hitting the target dead center.

?This isn?t easy as it looks. It will take a long time before you can actually master it, I don?t expect you all to be able to hit the middle right now. In time and with practice you will. Now when I call out your names go to a tree. Chotana and Nyuubai you two are partners. Please pick a tree and start. Next is Nikorasa and Eno. Please do the same and pick a tree. Next is Jiraiya and Tsume, followed by Tatsuya and Manami.?

Tatsuya was happy that he'd been partnered with his friend, Manami, and lead her over to a tree that wasn't far from where the Hyuga boy and his partner were practicing. Once there, Manami turned with a smile towards Tatsuya and said, ?You can go first if you would like Tatsuya."

Tatsuya nodded as he replied, "Thanks. But before I do go, I think we should try and talk to the Hyuga boy if we get a chance to. He seemed like he wanted to speak to either you or me earlier, but was too shy to." he stated low so that only Manami could hear. "I know how it feels to be shy around others, and I think he could be a good friend."

Not giving Manami a time to respond, he readied his kunai and took aim at the target. Focusing on it, he tried his best to fling the projectile at the center. The end result was...not as spectactular as he'd hoped. As he knew, he wasn't as skilled with the kunai, and the target was farther back than he was used to. The result being that he hit the target on the outside ring in the lower right portion of the circle. Turning to Manami, he grinned while scratching his head. "Well, at least I hit the target."

TAG: Manami/Sensei/Other Students

Kuuki Zurui
    Iwagakure

Zurui preferred this disguise much more than anything involving drag. It was comfortable, hid his identity, and allowed him to let himself go a little. He wasn't a completely serious ninja at the moment, but a tourist here with a friend. Tourists, of course, seemed to be a rare commodity here as the village appeared to be quite poor. He was postitive, though, that this financial instability would mean that there woul

16. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Tatsumaki Chenzura

"You old perv." Chenzura said to Zurui. "You have a one track mind don't you, booze and babes." he added with a hearty chuckle. "Oh well I guess it can't be helped. Myself I'm looking for a place to just lay back and relax." he added hand the peddler more money. "You know of any good bath houses around here, maybe a massage parlor?" he asked raising an eyebrow. "I have more knots in my back that a net." he added cracking his back and groaning slightly in pain, turning into his father he even had the beginning of his arthritis. "Not to mention some of those massage girls do have some nice...you know." he added bumping elbows with Zurui and grinning mischievously. "You know of any places?" he added returning his attention to the peddler.

TAG: Peddler, Zurui

17. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Of Uzumaki Jiraiya
    Ninja Academy, Grounds

Jiraiya frowned. What a strange and unsettling way to begin a relationship. Truly masterful. Jiraiya shrugged. He pulled out a kunai and turned back to his partner. ?It?s more complicated than you think, Tsume.?

Jiraiya turned towards the target. He twirled the kunai on his finger and set himself up. Jiraiya closed his eyes. He made himself ignore the implicating tone that Tsume had used. Distractions would not lend him any more aim, but hinder his ability. He would not have that. Jiraiya breathed deep.

With eyes open, Jiraiya stared intently at his target. He felt the subtle swaying of the wind around him. The knife?s trajectory might be affected. Jiraiya gripped the kunai?s handle. He tightened and loosened his grip. Loose was best, he knew this. His grip made to follow. He breathed deeply again.

With a soft grunt, Jiraiya loosed the kunai. He willed it to fly true. Thud! Jiraiya stared at the loop at the end of the handle. It showed his mark on the target as just on the edge. He sighed. He could throw better than that. Jiraiya turned around and walked back to Tsume and said,
    ?Your go.?

Tag: Radiance

18. Whill_I_Am

Jul 1, 2008

Hashimoto blinked as Cho-tana suggested he hold his breath. If he were to do that, his lungs would collapse because of the way the rebreather worked, because the influx of air when he would take another breath would allow just a bit too much to enter his lungs at once. Nyuubai didn't have the heart to correct her of course, but should he ever need to throw without the rebreather on, he'd use that advice as if it were the only answer available. She said she would likely use shurikens, and he rasped slowly.

"Well kaaah if you lose your shurikens, paaak I'll just have to help you find them." Hashimoto looked down and saw that her hand was extended to him, but it was holding his lost kunai knife. A smile graced his lips, taking note that while they weren't too far from the training area, both Nyuubai and Cho-tana were alone for the most part. The blush was visible in his face, complimenting his lavender eyes as they focused on Cho-tana for a moment.

His fingers enclosed around the handle of the knife, his darkly tanned hand gracing her own for a moment. "Okay Nyuubai, moment's over! Take your kunai back and get to training!" He said in his mind, and Nyuubai gulped nervously as he felt a sharp pain in his hand.

"Yowch!" Hashimoto winced, dropping the kunai to the dirt and inwardly he cursed over and over. He kept a calm demeanor, a deep breath intaking from the rebreather to show that it was just a bit painful. Gazing down at his hand, he saw the slight trickle of blood. "Great...kooh" Nyuubai said with a trace of sarcasm, making himself seem more like a fool in front of Cho-tana. At this rate, he should just give up on it. If he was clumsy enough to cut himself with a kunai, who knows what else he could do before he was placed in a squad.

19. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    IC; Osuka Arino
    Rock Village

The two shinobi took to their plan. Osuka was going head into the town further and see if he could locate the Kage's office. He transformed his katana into the scroll to pass off as the real one. He turned and waved to his two commarades.

He then walked, looking at the village. It vaguely reminded him of the sand village. As he walked away he remember he forgot to set up a rendevous. He worried but knew he could find their chakra with his Hizoku's eye.

As he walked again he practiced Earth style chakra. It was getting easier, but still out of his reach. He needed a quicker build up then water or lightning required.
    He had planned on using chakra pills to hopefully boost him if needed.

TAG: Any

20. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Sato Manami
    Ninja Academy/Weapons Training

Tatsuya took up the offer to go first "Thanks. But before I do go, I think we should try and talk to the Hyuga boy if we get a chance to. He seemed like he wanted to speak to either you or me earlier, but was too shy to." he then lowered his voice so that only she could hear "I know how it feels to be shy around others, and I think he could be a good friend."

Manami nodded in agreement but also in understanding at his words. She watched as Tatsuya then swiftly prepared his Kunai and released it towards the target. "Well, at least I hit the target." he said grinning. "Good job!" she replied as she removed her own kunai and held it in her hand. But before she prepared to throw it, she glanced over at the Hyuga boy. She sighed softly as she looked at him, his body language, he looked withdrawn and quite down. "Poor guy...I hope we can help him feel more at home at the academy. No-one should feel alone or left out" she mused as she turned back to the task at hand.

Focusing back on the target that was in front of her, she loosened the grip on the Kunai a little bit, not taking her eyes off the target. She took a breath in, brought her arm up into a throwing position and on the exhale sent it on its way with a nice strong throw. It flew through the air towards the target, embedding itself in the top part of the target, getting a little bit closer to the centre than Tatsuya's kunai but still a long way off.

TAG: Tatsuya/Sensei/Students

21. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Inuzuka Tsume
    Academy grounds

Tsume smiled at his counterpart.

"Being a complex situation doesn't make the question any less real Jiraiya. We will all be ninja one day, and because of that we should all work together well. A bond may form from a rivalry, but more likely a conflict. The village is only as strong as the roots that hold it together, am I wrong?"

Tenro looked down at Tsume and barked in confusion. The puppy had never heard such a serious tone from his best friend.

Tsume ignored this for the time being. He pulled out a single shuriken and positioned himself in the spot Jiraiya had occupied previously. A few deep breaths and a strong flick, and the shuriken was sent hurling end over end towards the tree.

Tsume frowned as it landed in the bark above the target circle. He turned back to Jiraiya.

"What are your thoughts?"

tag Nicklityouaflame

22. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Of Uzumaki Jiraiya
    Ninja Academy, Grounds

Jiraiya breathed heavily. A short ragged sigh escaped his lips and he pulled loose another kunai. He twirled this kunai as he had done before. He lined up his shot and turned back to Tsume, his feet still in position. ?The village has survived of withering roots before and so it shall again, if it must. My rivalry with Tatsuya holds no weight in our positions. It does not bring harm to the village. Does it, Tsume??

Jiraiya let a breath escaped his lungs and he turned to fling the kunai in a slight arc at the target. It landed with a noticeably greater Thud! Jiraiya turned back and mockingly echoed the ?prentice shinobi. ?What are your thoughts??

Tag: Radiance

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Cho-tana Hakkai

"Thanks. hehe.. Just dont expect that with the shurikens...I'll probably manged to lose it." she said with a smile. "If I dont stab myself with it." she added with a laugh.

"Well kaaah if you lose your shurikens, paaak I'll just have to help you find them." She smiled, nodding, and then she found his kunai. She yanked it out. Got it!" she called out, holding out the errant kunai for Hashimoto to take, so that they could throw them once more.

Cho-tana noticed that Hashimoto had turned the cutest shade, blushing. Cho held back a grin, as she held out his knife to him. But he was starting intently at her now, as if.. she suddenly felt a bit embarrassed.

His fingers enclosed around the handle of the knife, his darkly tanned hand gracing her own for a moment. She was standing close to him now, at looking at him, when suddenly his voice startled her.

"Yowch!" Hashimoto winced, dropping the kunai to the dirt. They both glanced down at his hand and saw the slight trickle of blood. "Great ... kooh" Nyuubai said with a trace of sarcasm. Cho-tana reached into her pouch, and pulled out a small leaf. She gently pressed it onto the cut for a moment, letting the cooling leaf do its job, and then bent down, to pick up his Kunai.

"The leaf will stop the blood, and make it stop stinging." she said with a slight grin, as she CAREFULLY handed him the kunai, holding the blade, and pointing the handle towards him.

"You just wanted to beat me in losing blood first. No fair." she said softly, trying to make him feel better, as she then moved her hand back, and looked back towards the training area. "We better hurry back. Dont want sensei to worry..nor do I want to get hit by anyone ELSES flying dagger." she said with a smile, and then turned, and led the way back, so that they get back to practice. It also kept him from seeing the look and furious blush that was on her face, after she had touched his hand. This was silly. But nice. But she had to get her mind back on their class now, so she took the lead, and quickly made her way back.

Once Hashimoto was back, she tossed her dagger once more. She steadied herself, and clearing her mind, threw it again. This time, she hit the target, but a bit closer to the bullseye this time. She smiled.

TAG: Hashimoto/Sensei/Other Students

24. Whill_I_Am

Jul 1, 2008

Hashimoto held the leaf in his hand, allowing whatever healing aloe in the leaf take effect as he closed his fist. That was his throwing hand, or so he cursed to himself for a brief moment before following Cho-tana back to the training area. As they did so, he held the kunai and placed it back in the pouch before allowing a meek chuckle to escape his mouth, though it sounded hollow thanks to the rebreather.

"kaah You mean you were trying tssst to bleed Cho-tana-chan?" Nyuubai wasn't good at humor, and so far on his end, as far as he knew, he was batting zero with Cho-tana. How could he tell if she liked him a little? He shook his head and watched her throw her kunai for a time, and would have applauded her efforts had he not sliced his hand.

"Good job Cho-tana-chan! kphooo." He cheered from the sidelines, taking his turn and shifting his weight on his feet. Throwing with his off-hand was going to be hard, considering Nyuubai's kunai pouch was on his other leg. Reaching in, he crouched low, giving himself room inside of his cloak and threw a kunai at the bullseye. To his amazement, it was on the white line separating it from the red center. He blinked and turned to Cho-tana, trying to be modest.

"Phaaah Guess I got lucky..." Hashimoto blinked as he turned to watch the kunai fall from the bullseye, and Nyuubai hung his head solemnly. Although he came close to the bullseye, he didn't throw it hard enough to stick inside.

25. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Uchiha Tatsuya
    Weapons Practice, Ninja Academy

Tatsuya thanked Manami for her compliment and then stood back as she prepared to throw her own kunai. She prepared far better than Tatsuya did, who hadn't prepared that much at all, and hit the target at least a ring in from where he had. Tatsuya was impressed, considering he thought this to be the first time she'd handled the tool in a throwing sense. "Wow." he stated, as he ran to retrieve their weapons. Once he returned, he gave Manami her kunai back and took his place to try another throw.

Preparing and sizing the distance, this time he also took into account how he'd felt his last throw as well as the environment around him. He also tried using the same method of preparation he'd noticed Manami use. Taking a deep breath, he pulled back and threw the kunai. With a loud thud, the target hit the ring just outside of the target's middle most point. Not dead center, but close. After he was finished, he turned to Manami. "Have you ever practiced with kunai before?" he asked, still wondering at the accuracy she'd shown and how well her technique had helped his own throwing.

TAG: Manami/Sensei/Students

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.