main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Way TOOOOO Quiet here

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Hellooooooo??

Anyone still around here?

Things are just a little too quiet around here. Just wanted to make sure we at least have a couple of people still around to make this stay alive.

Anyone up to anything cool? Working on anything Star Wars-ish?

A Very Bored CR

2. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I'm working on making a Vader-style lightsaber to bring with me to C3.

3. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Awsome!

Let me know if you have any questions on it...or anything else Darth Vader. I have my own personal source for Darth Vader costume information ;)

(my dad, who built his own from scratch for last celebration)

4. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I've printed out instructions from The Big Yellow Box (fantastic site!!) I may have a bit of trouble finding a riveter though. Do you know of any kind of substitute?

5. w84no1

w84no1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2004
    I am building a Vader coustume for Halloween. An Vader info would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

6. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, where are you at in your costume? Depending on how detailed you want to make the costume and how much time you have to devote to it making it in the next 10 days....

My father hand crafted his shin guards, shoulder pads, control/chest box and modified his helmet. It took him over 6 months to get it done. :)

So let's start with anything you are having trouble with first...

7. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Wow.....

It really is too quiet here.

I leave for a week to get married and we have a grand total of ..................... ONE post!!!

8. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Congrats on the Wedding!

Hey anyone that might need some help with costuming can come over to our boards as well, as we are a costuming group. I'm sure we can help those that need it as well.

Still hoping to get a big pow wow with ya'll soon!

9. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Quiet is right. No one has posted here for about a month! [face_shocked]

10. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    nah its all too normal here. There is little active interest around here. Sadly.

11. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Hmmm. Well, I may have to change that....

*does a boredom tap dance*

12. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    *watches Mythbusters* Man. You guys suck.

13. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    woohoo, i'm logging in for the first time in ages.

saw the rots trailer and i think it's fabulous. so far i've either heard a love it or hate it response from people.

not sure where i'll be watching the premiere, but i'll be wearing my robe :)

14. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    "Man you guys suck"....

Gee thanks for that helpful comment...Perhaps if peole around here were more active things would not get so quiet.

Jaina...
    Great to see you back...How is school going?? Trailer looks fantastic!! I cant wait to see it. Dont know what we are doing, but I doubt this time we will see it at midnight...a little thing called work is getting in the way

15. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Gee thanks for that helpful comment...

*is abashed*

Jaina: I don't see how people could hate the trailer. It was amazing....

16. Kmunee

Kmunee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    It seems the older you get, the less time you have for doing things that you really enjoy. That may be the situation here. Everyone either works goes to school, or does numerous other things that keep them from their beloved Star Wars. The horror, the agony of it all! Argh!!![face_shame_on_you][face_batting]

17. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    yes it is a sad but true fact. I have only found time to read (during lunch) and RPG (one weekend a month)...but I totally wish i had the time to costume again and had a group like we used to have here....

18. DragonLove76

DragonLove76 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    Yeah, it is quiet in here.

I am surprised Norfolk forum is busier than this.

Wasn't there a Richmond SW fansite? farm or something?

19. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Yeah once upon a time, there was the Moisture Farm Co-op...But the old members were tooo comfortable in the way the group worked and left when there was an influx of new members.

Alas, such is life. Things here are VERY slow because everyone seems to A) have real life in the way, B) not have compatable schedules to make meetings a reality, C) have no drive to do things.

20. SuperShipley

SuperShipley Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    The Richmond "fan force" died out, now the only thing left is the 501st, as well as the RL, which has a few members. If you're interested in join either, let me know. If nothing else we're always looking for more people to come to cons, drink party and have fun.

21. Kmunee

Kmunee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    I personally would love to see the Richmond fanforce returned to it's former glory, although I wasn't here to see it. Perhaps if we started slow with something small, such as meeting up at a sports bar to discuss SW over some hotwings or nachoes(sp?). Anything is better than nothing. Due to my 11pm to 0700 shift at the hospital, I am mostly available during weekends. We should at least try.....but we all all know, there is no try. Only do or do not.

22. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Well, I'm kinda stuck between the Shenandoah and Richmond FFs.... Otherwise I'd come to meetings and do things with y'all....

23. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    I'm not sure if there ever was a 'glory day' of Richmond FF.. I've been doing this since just before Episode 2 came out, and I'm I guess acting now as liason between FF and 501st - we sometimes have armor parties, as well as other events that are out of costume that would be perfect for FF members that either don't have a costume or just want to come and hangout and be around other star wars geeks.

24. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I would love to get the group off the groun...again. Having been a small part of the MFCO when I first moved down here, I miss hanging out with people and talking SW.

As for coordinating with the 501st, I would recommend that we keep things seperate as far as meetings/gatherings until the FF has a chance to establish its self. Being someone less than interested in 501st (long story--dont ask lol), I would like to see the group stand on its own two feet and be the Richmond SW SOCIAL club rather than a tag along group for the area 501st (no offense meant).

If everyone is up for meeting, lets discuss when we would like to try to do something-- STARTING with a general run down on where everyone is located (ie, southside, shortpump, downtown, etc.) This way we have an idea where a CENTRAL location for everyone is.

25. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    I still think we could all get along - I'm not sure what the story is, but we've had a major shift in regime since the co-op was around, and as XO I'm inviting FF to come party with us - as we've shifted and have quite a social group, the "ghetto garrison" for those of us that just want to get together and party and hangout - no costumes required.

I want to be able to patch things up, and even if we have 2 seperate groups, have the two be able to co exist peacfully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.