main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Way TOOOOO Quiet here

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kmunee

Kmunee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    I live on the southside, in Chester, off Ironbridge Rd.

2. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Yea, I have noticed that the Garrison has changed alot recently. All for the good too!

3. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    So your just down the road from me :)

4. SuperShipley

SuperShipley Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    Wow - I'm in Chesterfield when I'm home, and we have a trooper in Chester as well - maybe we could have an impromtu get together sometime - I know there's a few good restaurants around the chester area - perfect for hanging out and meeting other star wars geeks - it'll be a while tho

Next weekend is Revelations Fan Film preimere, then the next weekend is C3, then i'm done with college for the semester, then we've got Episode 3 coming up.

5. Kmunee

Nov 5, 2001
    Just let me know when and where, and I will be there. where are they showing the fan film revelation? I am very interested in fan films and would love to participate in one.

By the way, not to sound stupid or anything, but what is C3 and where is it?

6. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    Ok - first question response - Revelations

While I *believe* it's sold out, the show is at the Senator theater in Baltimore, Maryland - www.revelations.com - should have a link to the premiere

C3 - Celebration III - is the mecca journey for any hardcore star wars fan, held again this year in Indianapolis, Indiana - April 21st - 24th.

D*C - Dragon*Con - THE party con of the east coast, usually held over labor day weekend, a MUST if you like any of the following
    a) beer
    b) boobs
    c) good friends and good times

Anything else I can explain =)

7. Kmunee

Nov 5, 2001
    Yeah. I think you hit all the bases. I don't think I will go to any of those.too far away, plus I have to work alot. still, cool things to see and do.

8. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    Well, alot of times if we have an event and it's a decent drive - you typically can find a carpool or a caravan of some sort to ride with - I know I'm carpooling and caravanign to C3, driving myself to maryland b/c it's not that far - and D*C is in atlanta, GA -- and we caravan and carpool to that - but it's a major event for us at the end of the summer.

9. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Just some history...the FF hasn't really died out. It's still here as you can see. As for the MFC, iIt was officially disbanded at the last MFC meeting which I was a participant of. My membership in the MFC began pre-MFC until the end so I'm actually very familiar with all the problems that occurred. It was voted on and approved to disband. Why? because the remaining members hoped to start fresh with a new name and try and move on from some of the bad blood and personality conflicts that circulated between former members and current members.

Yes, there was a lot of tension there. Many personality conflicts to be honest and I personally believe it all started during the divorce of my ex-wife and I. Both of us were members and I know I didn't handle the divorce well at all. I have to take much of the blame for how I reacted to the situation within our group. By the end, it was very difficult to agree on much of anything. So many people had their own ideas and the group really became factionalized.

Technically though, the MFC was never a FanForce chapter. It was voted on as far as I can recall twice. Both times we agreed that staying out of FF was the proper thing to do for us.

Once the MFC disbanded, some the remaining members began a FanForce chapter called the Commonwealth Cantina. I was there for that meeting also, although my participation in that group ended a meeting or two later.

But in many ways the MFC kept going after it was disbanded. Former members banded together to complete the last remamining project of the group, Rise of Nobility. We worked on the project until approximately July of 2003 which was about 8-9 months after the demise of the Co-Op.

As for FF, it's still in existance as you can see. Amaunet has been the City Rep since the start. As to what happened with the former members of the MFC? Some joined the 501st like myself, some moved away and or went to college, and some preferred to go at SW fandom solo or move away from it altogether. I'm not sure how many still participate in the roleplaying events that were a huge part of the MFC for awhile, but Amaunet can probably expand on that.

Me, I'm living in NoVA now. I attended my first DC Collector's meeting yesterday after about 8 months of living here. I still haven't been to a DC FanForce event yet, but we'll see. I did meet up with the French Fan Force while in Paris last year which was a lot of fun. I'll definitely be at the Revelations screening for those that are going.

Keith

10. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    Glad to see it hasn't died out - but I do think that many people here would LIKE to get together and do SOMETHING, and the 501st has plenty of events as well as parties that we would more than welcome any fan, 501st member or not. The new leadership, which includes myself, is more about hanging out having a good time, than politics.

If it turns out Richmond has a FF group, and would like to join the 501st at an event, I'm more than for that - no reason we can't all get along. That was part of my reason for getting on TF.net, was to bring together the fans we have in Richmond, and in VA as a whole, and while not making one large group, but having it so that the groups can co-exist and leave the 'bad blood' to the past.

11. DragonLove76

DragonLove76 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    Hey, I am wondering how do I join the 501st? And how much would it cost to get me a stormtrooper uniform?

Sorry if this isn't the proper thread for this question, but I like to know. :)

I am available for get-togethers, parties if you all want do something please let me know.

12. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
  13. DragonLove76

Oct 2, 2004
    Appreciated your help, sir. :)

14. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    Yea, since this is FF mostly - feel free to email or PM me about armor and whatnot. I'd like to see FF and 501st able to work together and be able to be talked about on the FF boards with little to no-problems, we're all fans after all, costume or not - you decide your own level of involvement. And I'm not going to belittle or put down anyone based on amount of money spent on a costume or anything like that

15. DragonLove76

Oct 2, 2004
    So, any of you planning to do something around May 19th?

Get together, see it together... or something?

16. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I have been trying to get the group to tell me when was a good time to get together for coffee/bowling/chatting, but other than people giving ideas and saying when they were not available, I have gotten little to no response.

Currently, I have an RPG on the 14th all day (unless you want to meet at 7-8am, and the 19th We have plans to see it a couple of times with the RPG group. Outside that, feel free to suggest dates and times and locations if you like

17. Kmunee

Nov 5, 2001
    I have been on a Star Wars high, every since I saw the Teaser trailer for RotS. I have bought most of the games(which XBox seems to get exclusively), read the clone wars era comics, and watched the Clone Wars DVD at least twice a week. As the time draws closer I have watched the original trilogy twice, and AotC 4 times. I have also read the novel for Episode 3, which is an excellent book. I wonder how the actual movie will compare to the book? I am almost on critical overload with this stuff, but I don't care. Next week can't get here fast enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.