main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Ways of a Sith Lord (About 2000 years before the Rise of the Empire) *Updated 5/29/05*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina_Trickster, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Trickster

Jaina_Trickster Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2004
    Well, I tried to write a "Beyond the Saga" Fan Fiction story called "Trusting the Enemy" that I thought was pretty good, but I've posted about 4 times and no one has replied yet :)

So I thought I'd give myself a chance "Before the Saga." This story takes place about 2000 years before the rise of the Empire. It's not toally planned out yet. Just sort of writing as I go along. Hope you enjoy this one :)

-=Prologue=-

The clear viewport of the large ship that had obviously seen many battles, showed a planet that, even from a distance, appeared to be so peaceful, so quiet. A planet that only minded it?s own business, never caught up in any form of war.
    The intimidating space craft loomed ever closer to the tranquil planet. Clouds of forests littered the surface, while splotches of blue water glittered so much, it could be seen from the shuttle.
    Inside the atmosphere now, the environment around them seemed to change. They people aboard the ship felt at ease. A large change from what they had been going through lately.
    Ever so closer now, from the large window, children could be seen playing in the fields. Farmers tended to their crops.
    Further along, cities sparkled with lights and movement on the streets. They were just having a good time there.
    In the heart of the city, was a large, brilliantly decorated palace. Domed roofed and green vines hung from the walls only to show how long this palace had stood. Politicians could be seen walking in and out of the building. Some stopped to talk with each about many urgent matters.
    The ships flew high overhead, and only looked like flying specs from the ground. They moved slowly. So slowly, some stopped to wonder just exactly what was it the ships were doing.
    From within the ship, on the bridge, an intimidating figure? even more intimidating than the ship itself? stood tall. Covered in black, from head to toe, he watched outside the window with his hands held behind his back.
    Still staring out the window at the palace, he spoke. ?General,? he said.
    The General, trying to be as calm as he could be. ?Yes, My Lord??
    There was a small pause as the figure stared out the window still. It seemed as if he could kill someone with his yellow eyed stare. He spoke again. ?Open fire.?
    The General sat there. He knew he would have to do this sooner or later, but now that he had to do it, he wasn?t sure if he could. ?Yes, My Lord.? He swallowed his fear and pushed a button. ?All ships are ordered to open fire upon the palace and the surrounding city on my count.?
    The ships around them stopped and waited for their signal. Their bombs were ready to be deployed. Their guns were ready to be used.
    The General swallowed hard. ?Three.?
    Friends met up with friends on the streets, simply socializing, talking about the day.
    ?Two.?
    Children laughed in the streets, playing games that had been around for centuries.
    ?One.?

------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone like it? Any ideas?

2. Viceroy_Wagar

Viceroy_Wagar Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2004
    good start, i like it.

3. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

great post.

4. Hans_Highnessness

Hans_Highnessness Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2005
    Oooo... Very interesting. I hope to see more from you soon. :D =D=

5. Jaina_Trickster

Nov 6, 2004
    Thank you all for replying :). First ever feedback for a story I've gotten. Here's Chapter 1... hope you like it :)

-=Chapter 1=-

Dust still clouded the devastated planet. To find a building intact was rare, and even if it was still standing, not much of it was. The streets?what remained of them?were littered with debris.
    The rescue team had arrived a few hours ago, and when they arrived, the eerie silence sent shivers up their spine. The planet was cold, most likely from the death that had occurred here. It had been hard to figure out where to start. Finding anyone alive was their first priority.
    Searching through the wreckage was tough for many of them. Finding the bodies of the people who had not been able to live during the attack, made them stop for a moment to think about what the victims could have been thinking.
    No survivors. How was this possible? Not a single soul had lived the attack. Surely someone was alive somewhere, but it had been hours and not one person had been found alive.
    ?This attack was not made by any normal being,? the team captain finally said once he had rallied the members together. ?There?s something roaming the galaxy. Someone, or something, but whatever it is, it?s not to be messed with.?
    A wave of whispers flowed through the crowd.
    ?Now no one needs to panic?? he continued, but was cut off by a scream.
    Heads whipped around on impulse. Their eyes were met by a cold stare. Met by a yellow death stare.
    A tall figure in black stood there. A hood veiled his face, but those eyes?they could be seen so clearly.
    The dark figure reached into his robes with his right hand. The crowd?s stomachs turned over as they watched his every little move.
    A tube shaped object made of metal, is what was in his hand. The people were confused. Just what was this?
    The dark person pressed a button and it produced a long red glow from the tube, along with snapping ?hiss.?
    The crowd was frozen, each person thinking that it was just a dream.

A place of tranquility was the Jedi Academy. A place where Jedi could go for answers?or a place where they could produce more questions. Within the Room of a Thousand Fountains, Jedi could be found meditating. Deep in thought.
    One young Jedi had been there for quite some time now. Her brow was furrowed, feeling a strange wave of Force energy from a certain planet. She could feel the pain and suffering of the people there. The Zabrak opened her eyes. She looked about the room for a moment, and finally got up to leave.
    Erisa Sarkai had been training in the Jedi Temple since she was barely three years old. Today, she was a beautiful fourteen year old, who was quite skilled for her age. Iridonia, the Zabrak planet, was a rough place to live, and she hardly remembered it at all. She was told stories of what it was like to live on the planet, and though she always wanted to travel there one day, she was thankful she was taken away to train at the Academy.
    Like most Zabraks, horns protruded from the top of her head. They were black and curved downwards, almost making her look sad in a way. In the back of her head, she wore a thick tail of deep blue hair. On the right side of her face was a lock of blue hair tied in strips of cloth. The Padawan braid. Three blue stripes had been tattooed on her face vertically from the Zabrak species she was born to. Two on either side of her nose, starting from her forehead to her chin, the third ran right down her nose. She worked hard to become a find Jedi, and she was. Disciplined but not afraid to act, she was respected by her peers, and even the Jedi Masters did not treat her as young as she was.
    She donned off-white Jedi robes with a brown belt and pouches hung from it. On her left hip hung a weapon Jedi were not to be caught without. Her lightsaber was made, like every other Jedi?s, to reflect who she was. It was nothing fancy, for she did not favor anything extravagant. The one feature she had included in it that set it apart from the others, were thin pieces of metal at the very top that curved over, forming

6. Jaina_Trickster

Nov 6, 2004
    Here we go, Chapter 2, hope you all enjoy :)

-=Chapter 2=-

?There it is, Erisa,? the soft voice of Sarule Noulre came through the head-set of whic Erisa was wearing. ?Naboo? a calm and delicate place. Why would anyone want to harm these innocent people??
    ?There?s a place we can land,? Erisa said through the microphone, pointing out the window of her Jedi Starfighter towards a landing strip.
    ?Perfect,? the Jedi Master said.
    They descended down on to the landing strip. They jumped out of their cockpits and looked around? sadness surrounding them.
    Sarule looked around. Her human features were soft and delicate, and she was barely in the third decade of life? yet she was one of the most respected Jedi. Long brown hair tied up and deep brown eyes searching the land. Her brow furrowed, feeling so much pain among the planet.
    ?This is so wrong,? she said softly.
    ?Who could have possibly done this, Master?? Erisa asked, walking down the landing strip.
    Sarule pulled up her brown robe around her and put up her hood. ?I?m almost afraid to know.?
    Erisa copied her Master by putting up her hood. Together they walked down the landing strip.
    Finally, they came to what is? or what was? a very large city. A slab of wood was on the ground. ?Welcome to Theed,? it said.
    ?They managed to attack the capital city,? Sarule said, reading the words.
    ?Master, look,? Erisa was pointing to a pile of corpses in the middle of the street. They were aligned so perfectly, their feet pointing towards the palace? what was left of it, anyways. ?Someone was actually here, down on the ground. They didn?t just attack from the sky.?
    Sarule bent down and examined the bodies carefully. She swallowed hard. ?These people weren?t killed by any kind of blaster fire.?
    Erisa looked baffled, staring at her Master. ?What could of possibly killed them then?? Then her eyes widened. ?Was a lightsaber the death of them??
    Sarule looked at the bodies again. ?I don?t think we?re dealing with just any murderer, my Padawan,? she said, looking up at Erisa. She stood back up.
    Erisa?s eyes racked over the bodies. Then, she said slowly, ?A Jedi would never have done this? could they have??
    Sarule did not say anything for a moment. Then she looked at Erisa. ?I honestly do not know what could have happened here.? Sarule looked down, as if defeated. ?And why the Jedi could not see this coming is beyond me.?
    Erisa thought for a moment. ?You don?t think it could be a Sith Lord? do you??
    ?In these times, Erisa, anything is possible,? the Jedi Master said, looking towards the palace. ?I say we go look inside the palace. Perhaps more will be there.?

The palace was more or less intact, though a few walls were missing, the basic structure of it was still there. Inside, columns had fallen into the middle of the floor. Further along, towards the back of the palace, a door was visible, but melted away. With a closer examination of it, it was obvious what had melted it.
    ?A lightsaber. There is obviously some Dark Force here,? Sarule noted.
    Pushing away the door, they found that the room within, was none other than the Royal Gathering Room. It seemed as though the Queen and her representatives were having a meeting when chaos struck.
    Sarule walked down to the throne where the corpse of the Queen was. So very young and beautiful, her face painted extravagantly and her hair done up in exotic twists, and the dress she wore was one of royalty. Sarule felt so bad that there was nothing that could be done to save these people.
    Erisa, however, still stood in the doorway, looking down at the floor. ?Master, I think you need to see this. Come over here, please.?
    Sarule walked over to where Erisa stood, and looked down at the floor, and there she noticed something she hadn?t seem before.
    There before them, etched into the floor by none other than a lightsaber, was a symbol? very large, taking up most of the room. It was a circle, and to the left and right of it, were flame shaped marks going outwards, each flame containing three bumps.
    ?That?s the mark of a Sith,?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.