Padu, KY WAYS TO FIX THE CLUB

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by TK8049, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK8049 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just wanted to start a thread on what can be done to fix the club. These are just my thoughts and if there stupid well then there stupid.

1.NEVER have a meeting at a restaraunt. It just isolates you to whoever is sitting at your table or to your left or right followed by "Can I get you some more Diet Coke" interuptions. I'm a social butterfly I like to talk to everyone for a little bit not just a hi when they walk in. I never pay attention to whats being said because I either have food in front of me/someone talkin to me/Can I get you some more Diet Coke.

2.LOVE Star Wars. This should be a no brainer but I hear negative comments from some members and I just wonder why their here. Me and Tilford were talkin about this season of CLONE WARS and he was tellin me how much he liked it and I was sayin yeah I agree and I just need moments like that. Hell I'm even likin some of those EU books they've come out with......some.

3.DON'T openly bash another SW club unless your a part of that club.

4.EVENTS-Don't need one every month. Don't need em every 2 months. Just let them happen when they happen.

5.GO TO THE LIBRARY-Theres more good times in that 2nd floor room than anywhere else we've been. I don't care if they don't like us. Have you seen the people that use the computers? Trust me wre not the only ones they don't like.
  2. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    1. It's settled! All meetings at TK8049's from now on! (Not really!) But if not a restaurant, then where? Sigh, if only one of us owned a barber shop...

2. Yeah, Clone Wars had episodes with Madalorians(!!) and I've had nobody but one other person to talk to about it! (Mandalorians, I said!)

3. Whatchu talkin' bout, Willis? [face_worried]

4. Yeah!

5. The Library - Hey, if the awesome movie Ghostbusters can open in a library then we can sure hang out in one.

Ah, but as with all methodical steps to correcting ones self, we do have to ask the inevitable....does the club want to be fixed?

Well, do ya? Really?

3. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think #2 on the list is hands down the most important. I think we at some point got to just being a social club and had lost what we were supposed to be about. There are plenty of social clubs but I think to truly be an PImp. you should actually have a love of SW. I think not having a true love of SW from all of our members dilluted the club and got us away from what we were supposed to be.

Also I'm going to go ahead and put this out there. I'm sure it might upset some people but honestly I don't guess it really matters at this point. Since the very early stages of our club we have been in the public image. We had our private meetings and get togethers but most of our events especially our large ones were open to the public and well recieved. Now this took all of us working together and they were great. But they also involved costumes. Taking costumes away from the club I feel resigned us to basicly just meetings at resturants, bowling, and maybe going to the movies as a group. All the things other FF's did that we thought we would never resort to. I'm not pointing fingers and I don't want anything started. It's just the way I see it and I know I'm not alone. Just something to think about if our club were to rise from the dead.

My name is B.J. and I love Star Wars. lol
  4. Nardo Jedi Knight

star 1
    My name is Barbie and I also love Star Wars.
  5. Valhalla Jedi Knight

star 2
    TK8049 - I completely agree. Moving from the library to restaurants did seem to cause more issues. At the library we got more meeting stuff done than just 2 or 3 announcements and then eating. And you can't mingle with more than a couple people at a restaurant.

A love for SW is crucial. We should have Star Wars discussions at meetings. Or at least Sci-Fi type stuff. And the new season of CLone Wars has been pretty good.

Why did we quit using the library? Because they don't like us. Our tax dollars go to fund the place, as long as we are not causing destruction or disturbing the peace, we have just as much right to use the conference room as anyone else.

Monthly events are not needed, nor monthly meetings. At least until things pick up. A meeting every two months would work great. Especially if we could incorporate an event in. A good example would be to get the Library one Sat. Have a morning meeting (doughnuts, drinks) then have a prop building day or an interclub minis tourney. I loved the idea of the dollar store contest. That would be pretty cool.

Other social type events could be handled by the individual holding them and not be considered a meeting or event. Just a club get together.

TKYTROOPER - I know this sounds odd but I agree with you too. And I also am not looking to start a huge debate, just tossing in the 2 cents. The complete removal of the costumes from the club is a horrible thing. The costumers are the public face and brought us out notoriety and helped do a lot of good for the group. I was the one that inadvertently started that whole debacle that got WAY out of hand. I just wanted more for the non costumers, not a told seperation of "Church and State" as it were.

I think if we all pull together we can bring ourselves back from the brink. PV - what can anyone do to help? Do you need time off again to be a member and not a leader? If so does anyone want to step in for a while. Or do you just need some more background support in getting things organized?

6. Dr_Porkins Jedi Padawan

Hey I know I am n00b and all that stuff but I don't want to see this club end. I have had tons of fun the few times I got to hang out with you kids and talk about Star Wars and all things nerd. I love the library idea or we can meet in the woods on the side of the highway and pretend we are on the Forest Moon of Endor.

My name is Andrew and I... love STAR WARS!!!
  7. Nardo Jedi Knight

star 1
    YES!!!! my dreams will be realized!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.