main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ways to freak people out with LOTR

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    For all of us LOTR fans...

Ways to Freak People Out with Lord of the Rings

When you and your parents go to bed, or when you are at a sleep over and everyone is preparing to go to sleep, pick up your flashlight and yell ?The Light of Galadriel!!"

Tell people how you need sword lessons(in case of Orcs)

Put the LOTR soundtrack on the massive speakers and blast it out at full volume, best when done late at night, when family is trying to sleep, or when all your friends are crammed into your car.

Mutter about precious constantly and accuse your parents or friends of stealing your ring whenever it is lost.

Sneak up behind your family or friends and do your best impression of a Nazgul scream

At odd and random intervals, yell, "Frodo lives!" or "Run Frodo Run!" or various other quotes from the movie. Just slip then in in random conversations.

When ever you are served some kind of food that looks questionable, or that you hate, mutter "What is this new devilry?"

When someone asks you to get something, tell them this is an important quest and you can't do it alone, or better yet, say "I will do it! I will find the (insert item here)... although I do not know where it is."

Whenever your family, or your friends go to the beach, make them sing Legolas' song of the sea all the way there. If they don't know it, teach them line by line and make them sing it over and over again. Also sing Bilbo's traveling song on long trips.

When anyone falls and hurts themselves yell, " Kingsfoil, we must get Kingsfoil!"

Keep imitating the Frodo dance (the one that looks remarkably like the funky chicken...)

When someone asks you to pass the salt/pepper say "If you want it come and claim it!!", or if you want someone to pass it to you, yell "HAND ME THE SALT, SHE ELF!!!" (best done in a crowded restaurant)

Start chanting Arwen's spell whenever you're mad at someone

Use various stairs to re-enact that Moria scene

Use your little brothers/sisters or smaller friends as dwarves, for dwarf tossing contests

Speak only in Elvish, refuse to answer to any other language.

Come up with Elvish, Dwarvish, or Hobbitish names for your friends and family, and only call them by those names.

Dye your bed sheets black to complete your Nazgul costume

Generally act like Gollum

Quote Tolkien continuously, endlessly, compare every little thing to Tolkien, and, if you can't think of any link, just say "It reminds me of Numenor"

Scream out loud 'MY PRECIOUS' to your parents when they take something from you or you want something

Whenever someone wants to get in a door, stand in front of it and say "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria, Speak, Friend and Enter."

Wear your ring and when anyone talks to you tell them, "I'm Invisible, You can't see me!!

Actually eat elevenses and second breakfast. Ask everybody else to join you

When doing improv for play tryouts, immediately go into a scene from the movie(I.E."I ain't droppin' no eaves, sir, honest!...I heard a good deal about a ring, and a dark lord, and something about the end of the world. Please don't hurt me, sir, don't turn me into anything *gulp* unnatural.")

When people ask what?s written on your ring tell them in black speech (Ash nak...) (This one really doesn't sound funny until you actually do it.)

Make a model of Mt. Doom with mashed potatoes and lots of ketchup.

Get a friend, grab a transcript, and read through the entire movie in a public place. Make sure that your Gandalf-in-Moria voice is really loud, and light something on fire for the Balrog.

Whenever your parents leave the house, cry, "You need someone of intelligence on this sort of . . . mission . . . quest . . . thing!" Then jump in the car. About half way there, ask, "Where we goin'?"

Next time you get in trouble with your parents, haughtily reply to them, "Gondor has no parents. Gondor needs no parents."

Next time you are late for something, and someone yells at you, say, "I am never late. Nor am I early. I arrive precisely when I mean to."

Jump on people's back

2. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Lol. I actually have used Gandalf's line about never being late before.

3. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Oh heck yeah! Too bad you aren't an engineer. I'd tell you a story about a rainy day, me, and Dr. Fleck's Physics 3 class :D

4. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    thats was good, i might have to use some of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.