Roch, NY WBER Morning Show - Dec 16th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just rec'd this email in response to the press release I sent out:

Would a few members of the Star Wars Fan Force Chapter like to come on WBER this Friday on our morning show?

I'm not sure what time(s) they're looking to have us there, but according to their website their morning show is from 6am-10am.

Before I replied I wanted to see if anyone was interested? I know that KnightShade and TD-027 will probably not be back from NYC by then. For me it'll depend on if I can get a babysitter for Connor.

Update: Those participating would need to be in Penfield at 8am.

~Doc_Bev
  2. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    After being out of work a day & half I really can't miss anmore work this week :-( so I would have to so no for me for this
  3. TX4277 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wish I could make it but I cannot.
  4. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    That would be so cool. WBER Rules Been a Faithful listener since its early days back in 1988. I have to work as ussual though.
  5. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OK, I will write them back after lunch to let them know that we don't have anyone who is able to stop by their studio.

Edit: Gave WBER the bad news, but offered the option to do phone interviews. However, I guess that doesn't work out for them.

~Doc_Bev
  6. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just got a new invite from WBER (in response to my press release) to appear on their show Friday morning the 28th. Is anyone interested/free to do this. We would need to be there at 8am and would talk about our club and the upcoming Media Play/DVD Release event.

~Doc_Bev
  7. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I can do it and I already got it approved at work.
    I'll take the late shift which is 1015.

I'd have to be out WBERs door by 9:15 thats all.
  8. DarSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    I am taking that day off in case there were any things we had anything left to prepare for that weekend, Halloween, the DVD release, Auburn, and etc.. I had hoped to sleep in a bit [face_tired], but if you need people I'm available, but would need a ride. If you would like, I can see if Diane and Bill would be interested too. Did they want us in costume? Do you know yet where would they be shooting from? Media Play? Their station? :confused:

Actually, I am taking Friday, October 28th. - Tuesday, November 1st. off, but since my boss is planning on returning to Arizona on November 2nd, I may need to go in briefly sometime during my vacation. [face_thinking]
  9. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Dar's took that Friday to work on costumes so she may be up for in that morning I have to work :(
  10. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's radio so I don't think costumes will be neccessary. We need to go to them out in Penfield for the show.

~Doc_Bev
  11. DarSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    heeheehee - I saw WB and thought it was their morning show. I'm not sure if I have ever heard of WBER, what do they play?
  12. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Underground Radio
    No Commercial music. Nothing at all played over and over again trampled by the stupidity of Clear Channel and its competitors. Its kept going by the community and they play good stuff. Basically the best radio station in Rochester. :)

I love my BER
  13. MadKidJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    MadKid is a former 'BER jock. Had lotsa fun on their airwaves, and it helped my home my radio skills back around '91, '92. I might have to get up early and join you guys next Friday morn...
  14. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I let WBER know that we might actually have people available this time (I felt bad that we've had to turn down their invite a couple times now). And confirmed that the time we had to be there is 8:15am.

~Doc_Bev
  15. TD-027 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can do this if I'm needed :).

TD-2709
  16. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Thats not bad...3-4 Rebels/Imps :)
  17. wookie_cookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    LOVE LOVE LOVE BER! Too bad i'm in Texas then, so I won't even hear it air. Have fun though!!
  18. MadKidJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    wookie_cookie; Don't worry. I'm sure somebody will record it for you. In fact, if you have a stereo and a VCR, I can send you instructions on how you can record it yourself, even if you're in Texas!!!
  19. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So who's definite for this still other than myself?

~Doc_Bev
  20. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  21. MadKidJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    MadKid still wants in. Can I get a pick-up from you, Nicky? I'm quick on/off the expressway on the way to Penfield...

PS: I know it's radio, but are we costuming anyway?
  22. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I should be able to come get you. I still have to figure out a babysitter....
    I wasn't planning on costuming for this, but you can if you want. Anyone else able to come?

~Doc_Bev
  23. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just got an email from WBER asking if we could come by 6:30am. And since so far it looks like it's just me & MadKid - I said no. We're going to be lucky to make it there by 8am as it is. So we'll see if they still want us for the 8am.

~Doc_Bev
  24. TD-027 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I could be there at 6:30 if need be. Let me know.
  25. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just got an email back saying: "We'll have to pass.".
    I guess they can't use us unless we can get there at 6:30am and I just can't. Even if I could physically get there. I wouldn't be mentally awake enough for talking on a radio show. So, Duane you're welcome to still go, but I think you'd be there by yourself...

~Doc_Bev
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.