We ain't moving our meeting place as it's walking distance from home!

Discussion in 'Snohomish County, WA' started by DarthBreezy, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Yes, for those who have been hiding from the yahoo group notices, you need not fear that I will be asking for couch space any longer!

I found myself a do-able little studio, just up the street from Alfies. As it's just a tichy place, and I'll be in the middle of unpacking that weekend, I won't be ready for guests before the anniversary party, but I hope to have one NEXT month....
  2. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Great news Paulie!

I wouldn't say I have been hiding, I have been incredibly busy these past few days. I only had toime to peek in and out of al of my online groups.
    This was the weekend I met Rick in person. I spent some time cleaning my car inside and out so if he got a look inside it he wouldn't think I was a total slob, I also had to take the car in for work before the weekend as I was driving to Redmond on Sunday for my Rustycon staff meeting and I want to make sure she wouldn't conk out on me.

My date with Rick Saturday night went well by the way, I'll dish more on that in person.
    While at my meeting yesterday, I got talked into going to Orycon so I could help promote Rustycon over there. I am rooming with one of the other Rustycon staff memebers and carpooling with her down to Portland for it this November. They also want a presense in Vancouver for V-con which I am considering going to now as well.

So, Will you still be needing my help to move on the 1st? I can't wait to see your new place.
  3. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    My goodness, Cate. You've become a regular Con-aholic. I think you've been going to one every month.

Paulie - I'm glad you have a place to crash.

I'm job hunting again. My company went bankrupt on Thursday and I'm out of a job. Today was supposed to be payday, too. [face_worried]
  4. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    SLIGHT change of plan.....

I got the call - I was hired at Northwest Airlines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah! What will you be doing?
  6. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    I'll be working at the call center, doing reservations and such. Training starts on the 10th and I'll find out all the details tomorrow.
  7. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Even better news! Will this be affecting your move then?
  8. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, not quite once a month, heh-heh. But I am doing more than attending them now, I am working as an unpaid (e.i.- volunteer) staff member for rustycon- I am head of publications for that con- their website hasn't been updated yet to reflect the change though. I will most likely be working at Norwescon as well and I am involved in the bid to bring Worldcon to Seattle in 2011

sorry to read that- I hope you find somehting very soon
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.