main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga We All Fall Down. angsty ESB AU w/ Pellaeon and Veers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Pelly-Welly, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    Title: We All Fall Down
    Author: Pelly-Welly
    Timeframe: During the battle of Hoth (Empire Strikes Back)
    Characters: Pellaeon, Veers
    Genre: angst, AU
    Keywords: Pellaeon, Veers, Hoth
    Summary: The battle of Hoth doesn?t turn out good for the Imperials.
    Notes: Thanks to Laya for beta-reading this. Get well soon Laya! Many thanks to countducky for his lovely coverart.

Disclaimer: I don?t own Star Wars. The poem is from K. H. R. Josselin de Jong. I borrowed some lines from it, and they are not in correct order. I did the translation, so any mistakes are my fault.

Coverart here

[b]We All Fall Down[/b]

[i]This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
    Embrace this moment. Remember, we are eternal.
    All this pain is an illusion[/i]
    TOOL-Parabola

It had looked so easy. Too easy. They only had to destroy the Rebel base.
    But the Rebels had showed unexpected strength.
    Now, everybody capable of fighting had been called to Hoth.

[i]A torture, that nothing can ever soften[/i]

Ice. Cold. Blood.
    The stench of death was all around him. His continously bleeding hands were still holding the blaster. The war.
    What was it worth?

[i]A not-knowing, that confuses his soul.[/i]

His mind was far away. His mind was with his wife. And his son. Oh Force, when would it end? He had always thought Hell didn?t excist.
    But now he knew.
    Hell was Hoth. Hoth was Hell.

He heard the cries of the injured.
    Begging for help. Begging for mercy.
    The Rebels had none.

His anger gave him strength. He ran. Blindly, desperatly seeking something, anything, to forget. To forget the terrors of war.

?Gilad?? a soft voice. He stood still, as if frozen. A voice full of pain, like he had heard too often this day. He looked down, and saw what he expected.
    Maxmilian Veers, once a proud and brave man, was lying at his feet, bleeding and weeping. Pellaeon closed his eyes and tried to walk on.

[i]And walls, walls, walls around his heart.[/i]

?Please..Gilad?not like this?kill me..? Veers was begging him. He had managed to crawl out of his burning AT-AT, and now he was waiting for Death to come and claim him.

[i]And then Death in a thousand visions[/i]

Pellaeon put his blaster away and sunk on his knees next to Veers. ?I?ll get you out of here, Max. Everything will be allright, I promise you.?
    Around him was destruction and the stench of death. How could he believe that Veers was going to make it?
    But he was an Imperial, and Imperials never gave up.

[i]Oh yes, Death in a thousand visions[/i]

He looked down upon Veers? face, covered in blood. Tears ware making clear paths through the pools of blood. Pellaeon pulled Veers? head in his lap.

[i]And Death in a thousand visions[/i]

Veers looked at him, and a strange smile came upon his bloody lips. ?We are eternal, Gilad. Take?take care of..yourself?.and your wife..and son??

Maxmilian Veers, loyal Imperial and good friend, closed his eyes and relaxed in eternity.

?Max?I-..? He didn?t know how to say it. Words seemed to be far away. Seemed to be dragged away into the depths of this frozen hell. He bowed his head in silent grief.
    No, Imperials never gave up.
    But today was not never. Today, Gilad Pellaeon wept for the loss of another friend.

[i]And Death in a thousand visions?..on walls, walls, walls around his heart[/i]

2. FORCE-WIELDER1

FORCE-WIELDER1 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 8, 2004
    Wow! That was awesome Pelly. You captured Pellaeon's heart of grief perfectly.

3. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Wonderful job, honey! Really great! And it's so good to see you writing [:D] ! You've got talent ;)

4. Pelly-Welly

Jan 10, 2004
    [face_blush] Sorry about the huge bump, I completely forgot this little fic, but I do feel I should give a big thank you to FW and Laya!

FW: Thanks! :) Winter is, for me, the perfect time to write angsty stuff.
    Laya: My beta-reader! [:D] Thanks! Glad you liked it.

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    swallows lump in throat

Look what you did! No fic has ever done that to me!

6. Pelly-Welly

Jan 10, 2004
    Mitth, *stares in awe* thanks for reading. I am honored! [face_blush] Thank you! I am glad you liked it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.