main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub We are not droids! *The official General Grievous fanclub v2.0*

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by KaleeshEyes, Feb 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaleeshEyes

KaleeshEyes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    Hello. Recently when joining this forum I noticed that there is no fan club for my favourite character. The old one was locked in 2010 and has never reappeared.
    In order to redress this I would like to open the
    General Grievous Fanclub 2.0
    Here you can express your appreciation or liking for this visually stunning but rather divisive character.
    I would also like discussion on his character, as long as it doesn't become too heated or negative as has happened in the past. If that happens, then open a thread elsewhere and tag me and I can link it here.

I, KaleeshEyes, being the most prominent feature of the great cyborg himself, am your president.
    To join you just need to say so, although liking the OP would be nice (nudge nudge hint hint)

Lastly, thanks to Mace Windu is Awesome for his blessing for this thread.

Oh and that's my hundredth post. Hopefully I can raise that to the power of two.

2. KaleeshEyes

Feb 16, 2016
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    KaleeshEyes, please use the edit feature to avoid double posting.

4. KaleeshEyes

Feb 16, 2016
    Bardan_Jusik
    It wasn't a double post, but should I be not making two posts in a row?

5. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    This is gonna be fun, thanks for creating this thread KaleeshEyes :)

Deliveranze and KaleeshEyes like this.
  6. KaleeshEyes

Feb 16, 2016
    CIS Droid
    You're welcome. I prevaricated quite a bit on it, but I wanted it to be my hundredth post. Hence my lack of activity last night (your morning).

Members
    1: KaleeshEyes - Chief annoying person
    2: CIS Droid

CIS Droid likes this.
  7. DarthCricketer

DarthCricketer Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2016
    Oh, and if you do decide to be a pain and comment negatively, somebody will come from above and behind, attack you, and have you signed up to the same weight-loss program Darth Maul was added to by Obi-wan Kenobi.

KaleeshEyes likes this.
  8. KaleeshEyes

Feb 16, 2016
    Hey, considering the context of the previous posts that could be a personal attack on someone! Are you in too DarthCricketer

9. DarthCricketer

Feb 18, 2016
    Sure!

KaleeshEyes likes this.
  10. KaleeshEyes

Feb 16, 2016
    Anyway, the current wrap up of GG threads on the boards is as follows shortly (very shortly, there's only two)

Here! Here! to Grievous in the PT subforum. Watch the grammatically rubbish thread go from simple posting to clothing semantics to a very long and passionate discussion between me and CIS Droid, in which we actually manage to agree on a couple of things (I haven't done that in a long). Watch the thread continue in a more lighthearted but still serious fashion. Opens page 6.

What's Grievous' actual backstory?, same place. Take a gander at this more specific and more detailed thread go from back and forth points about what we already knew to (correct) criticism of GG's character handling, and with a bonus amount of wishes and good humour thrown in.

Oh, and don't try arguing with DarthCricketer. If you make one slip up he'll shred your argument like Viv Richards.

Current members: Me, CIS Droid, DarthCricketer

CIS Droid likes this.
  11. DarthCricketer

Feb 18, 2016
    As I don't actually fully understand the function of these threads, I'm going to make a post relevant to my user-name.

According to the Star Wars website, General Grievous' stature is 2.16 metres or 7' 1", making him the same height as Pakistani fast-bowler Mohammad Irfan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll bet you didn't know that before! You might even be able to say that he is shorter than you expected.

Oh, and cut out the flattery, please. It's kind of embarrassing for me.

CIS Droid and KaleeshEyes like this.
  12. KaleeshEyes

Feb 16, 2016
    Would love to see these two facing each other. Anybody up for some cricket/SW photoshop?

You don't have to reply to your own posts. Although a lot of people I've noticed go for the re-state the argument even though it's been comprehensively destroyed routine, or use irrelevant fallacies.

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Posting twice in a row is double posting so use the edit feature. If the edit window has elapsed, wait for another member to respond before posting again.

14. KaleeshEyes

Feb 16, 2016
    Damn. I hope you haven't been reading the rest of the threads I've commented in. whoops. :oops:[face_blush]:oops:[face_blush]:mad:etc

Also what if I have a lengthy post, not related to the previous, outside the edit window etc, but another member has not replied?

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Then you wait either a reasonable length of time (several days at least) or until someone has replied. This is a discussion forum, not a monologue forum.

16. Mace Windu is GOAT

Mace Windu is GOAT Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    I'm in on this thing! Grievous is the second best character (after Mace Windu).

17. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I want in. I want in. I want in.

18. KaleeshEyes

Feb 16, 2016
    Heh!

1: Me
    2: CIS Droid
    3: DarthCricketer
    4: Mace Windu is Awesome
    5: KnightOfRen
    Discuss away guys!

19. Mace Windu is GOAT

Mace Windu is GOAT Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    Grievous's worst moment: the fight with the Gungans in Shadow Warrior from TCW.

KaleeshEyes likes this.
  20. KaleeshEyes

Feb 16, 2016
    I think that's a 'goes without saying' moment that one. Shredded what was left of his dignity and strength as a character. The Chinese think four is an unlucky number and season 4 episode 4 of TCW certainly didn't help with that perception ;) Can we de-canonise the episode?
    I have wondered whether that episode was intended to make us like the Gungans more though. Made me hate them more, the most annoying race in Star Wars walking over my favourite character.
    It was the way it was done as well. We needed reminder that the Gungans were originally mini-siths, so Electricity ex machina!!!! (yes I know it was used in earlier episode. Not that much though).
    And then they go and stick their staffs through all his joints. Now RotS gave us the important information that GG can feel pain (the 'ow' when he gets his hands cut off), so one thinks this may have hurt a teensy bit. Right out the 5th Century B.C. that moment. Then they drag him away, his screams seeming some of the more genuine in a series with many non-genuine moments. His eyes too had terror very well portrayed, simply through the use of contrast, positioning in the frame, context and angles (George: you don't need exposition to create emotion in your characters).
    Then we get to the prisoner swap. Most embarrassing/least dignified moment for a major SW character except for slave Leia in RotJ. At least that enhanced her character and the plot, this didn't. It ruined what was left of an already ill-treated character, and didn't even have a good arc behind it.
    I suppose we are supposed to feel sorry for Anakin, but I can't. He was less whiny in TCW but was insufferably smug at points.
    I only felt sorry for one character, and it wasn't Anakin or Tarpals.

Anyway, rant over. God I hate that episode.

Oh, and here's somebody else's humorous take on what happened to Grievous' character. Would be funny if it wasn't true/didn't hurt so much.

Mace Windu is Awesome likes this.
  21. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Sign me up, please :) Grievous is GOAT

KaleeshEyes likes this.
  22. KaleeshEyes

Feb 16, 2016
    6: Deliveranze. Thanks.
    PS My autocorrect function really doesn't like your username :mad:but I don't want to turn it of, cause I'm a rubbish typist.
    Oh and does GOAT stand for greatest of all time?, because I thought Nathon Lyon was (only DarthCricketer will get this one);) (it's a cricket related joke)

Deliveranze likes this.
  23. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    LOL it's all good man :p

Yes sir. That's exactly what GOAT stands for...:D

As far as cricket goes, I'm American so I'll leave that between you and him. :p

Mace Windu is Awesome likes this.
  24. KaleeshEyes

Feb 16, 2016
    GOAT :D Baaaa-ah!

I do sometimes wonder whether my posts are a bit forthright though. And lengthy. I suppose I haven't been banned yet so it's alright :D:D
    I just feel like I have to rebut some people's posts completely and utterly sometimes. And throw in a joke or two as well :)
    SW is one of the first things I have been really passionate about though.

Edit: Sometime I'd like to post a post about how I can to like GG. Might be something for the weekend though. It'd be a bit of an essay =P~:D =P~

Deliveranze likes this.
  25. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015

Its indeed the weakest Grievous has ever been portrayed, but i disagree that its a godawful episode. Maybe thats just because, while Jar Jar could be annoying at times, i never had a problem with the rest of the gungans. And maybe its just me, but i liked Tarpals as a character, and i did feel bad about his death. He was my favorite gungan :(

Now, heres where i have a problem with the episode. Its rushed, extremely rushed. The duel with Grievous should have been longer, and with more Gungans dying to more clearly show that Grievous is vastly stronger than them.

The gungans joining the CIS in taking over Naboo should have had more build up, every single droid getting deactivated should have been shown. This episode desperately needed to be a two parter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.