main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI WE ARE NOW OFFICIAL!!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ToxicNed, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Well, technically at least... :D

Three meetings have been had, and we are now complete! In attendance were Rick_Sith, Kell_Borean, MiladyJ, myself, and a thus unnamed participant that is a friend of MiladyJ's (Caitlin, you'd better sign up and start posting :p). We were even blessed by the appearance of the president of the Milwookie Council, jedihexer. So, that makes five, possibly six members that made the meeting.

We discussed the election of a CR for our group, and I was nominated. Vote taken of people present. Position accepted! And as your CR, I shall make the Madison area a much better place for all Star Wars aficionados and give beer and cheese to everyone so they don't go hungry or thirsty... *sniffle* *faked sob* *little homecoming queen wave to all watching*

I guess that's it. We did talk about what to do for the next meeting, but then we can leave that up to discussion.

2. Kylash_327

Kylash_327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    Beer and cheese...god I need to get out of Wisconsin :p Jk...congrats.

3. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Hey, aren't you in the Madison area also? When can we expect to see you around Kylash? :p

4. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    I would have been there, in fact I was at East Towne at 5:45 and stayed to watch Star Wars, I couldnt find anysign of you guys

5. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    We left at 5:45pm. Sorry we missed you.

6. Kylash_327

Kylash_327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    Yeah I'm in Madison, about 10 minutes from Esat Towne, but I'm also a college student so my schedual is reallymessed up.

7. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    CONGRATS Madison!!

I'm glad to see that you have completed the required amount of meetings. Two Wisconsin FanForces are definitely better than one. I hope to meet all of you before the year is out. Once again, congratulations!

Later...

~Que

8. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    maybe next time

9. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Thanks for all of the "Congrats" !!

ToxicNed has done a lot to get us going, so I thank him for everything he's done so far. I'm sure he will deserve more thanks to come.

I also want to thank all who have shown up to our meetings to make us official. It wasn't easy to get everyone together, but we did it. :D

For those who we haven't seen yet, I do hope that you can meet with us real soon. The more people who join us, the more ideas that come from the group for things to do together.

OFFICIAL NOTE:

It was mentioned before, long long ago..., that the Mad Ison Cantina could share the Milwookiee Council website, which is called the Wisconsin Fan Force website. Being that both Fan Forces are in Wisconsin, this makes way too much sense.
    What are your opinions on this matter? que4zone has agreed to help us with this, if we like...that is if his offer still stands. :)

Just something to think of, since we are a technically official Fan Force now.

10. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Congratulations!

I'll be doing updates tonight, so look for a new CR and board title. :)

11. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Also, out of the people that had attended, please PM Bobafemme with who was elected to be the City Representative. This is needed for us to officially have a CR and from what I'd been told by Sebulba-X, a CR is needed to be official.

And many thanks to all of you that have made the meetings!

12. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    PM has been sent to Bobafemme. :)

Thanks

13. MiladyJ

MiladyJ Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2002
    P.M. sent you are now official. Congrats!

14. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Congratulations on becoming official!!

Are you ready for a FanForce visitation?

I'm going to be in town for business and FilmCon next month, and I've been making FanForce visits while on the road. It's been a great way to meet other FFer's and to bring the community a little closer together. I've visited w/ MN FanForce and some people from St. Louis, and we had Juarez, Mexico, Phoenix FanForce and R2Detroit come to visit in Denver.

Maybe we can meet up at FilmCon?

15. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I'll see you there for sure. :)
    Saturday is a great day at FilmCon. I'll be there Friday night too, but I think most of the FF people will show Saturday.

Always good to meet new people in FF. Maybe you can give us new FF people some pointers. :)

16. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    I'll be there Friday and Saturday... Possibly Sunday too.

But I look forward to meeting another FF member. I can even recommend a few good restaurants too. I'm smrt like that. S-M-R-T Smrt! :D

17. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Ello,

I have no problem with having the Madison FanForce on the web-site. Actually, I have been working on a new look for the website and I think it is the best time to decide. If all of you are in agreement, I'll then take a poll on the Milwaukee Forum about it.

First Thoughts:
    The whole web-site could be both FanForces easily. Something as simple as an icon could show which FanForce is having a meeting, event, or whatever. Though this would mean more work for myself, I think it could work. And why not try? If it doesn't work very well, it wouldn't be hard to throw up a web-site quick.

Well, just let me know. Okay! Later and may the Force be with you all.

~Que

18. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Well, Mr. CR, what do you think about this website issue?

I think it would be a great thing. And since Que is offering is talents with this, it makes less for us to do. Plus it would most likely turn out much better than if we did it.

Which brings up another closely related topic... We need a LOGO. Yep, I said Logo, not Lego.

I can think of a few good ideas for one, but actually making them could be quite a task.

What do you say Mad Ison members????

19. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Rick, you beat me to it on the suggestion for a logo. I was going to go ahead and make a plea for anyone artisitcally inclined to come up with a logo for our group.

I can draw a real mean stick figure! Grrrr! :D

But que, I would love to give the website merge a whirl and see how it works, given the consent of the Milwookie Council of course.

20. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Oh, and here's my 1337 drawing skillz!

[image=http://www.geocities.com/toxicned.geo/stickfigure.txt]

21. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    wow, big hands there Mr. Toxic. You knwo what they say about big hands...big gloves.

22. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Note the perfectly circular head... Wow, MS Paint is a bad-a$$ drawing program! Fear its power! [face_laugh]

23. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I cant draw at all other then a stick figure

24. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, it looks like I may not make out there afterall. I'll know in the next week for sure, but our new employee may not be in need of training, especially if she isn't still there.

25. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Hmmm, Maybe MiladyJ should get a hold of you, or visa versa.

If I am correct, she is looking for work. That is unless she already found something.

Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.