Oceania We are one, but we are many: the FF Oceania profile thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by HawkNC, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsWinter Jedi Master

star 4
    for those who might have missed it the first time...did I post in here before? am I really loosing my mind?

Name: Winter (Julie)

State/country: Adelaide, South Australia

Age: old enough to know better, young enough to do it all again

Marital status: boyfriended

Physical description: 5'3", blond (this week), a little pudgy but still sexy

Favourite SW movie: Empire Strikes Back

Favourite non-SW movie: Matrix, Princess Bride, Monty Python

Favourite food: anything dead and edible

Favourite drink: cheap red wine

Why did you choose your user name? Winter. Expanded Universe, simple. She's smart, sassy and beautiful.

How long have you been a Star Wars fan? since 1977 when I saw it in the cinema at 11 years old (you do the math)

Hobbies: painting miniatures, sewing costumes, reading, watching movies. eating.

Plans for the future: To become a teacher and corrupt...er....educate young people's minds.
  2. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    The only things that have changed for me are age and location. How boring.

;)
  3. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    well what else would you like to change?

-Mel
  4. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6

;)
  5. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Silmarillion posted on 5/9/05 5:07am

;)

/>
    me too. or married to millionaire would work as well [face_mischief]

-Mel/>/>
  6. mauls-menace Force Ghost

star 4
    A couple of changes since I filled in my profile:

Physical Desc: Basically the same except I've got a helluva lot more grey hair now.

A couple of other things to add now that people have added more questions:

Favourite Book: It would have to be the Original Star Wars novel by George Lucas, which I brought way back in 1977 and read almost once a year.

Favourite TV Show: The West Wing and The Sopranos are about equal.

Favourite Band: well being from the Western Suburbs of Sydney I'm and AC/DC fan, but I also enjoy INXS, Midnight Oil, Powderfinger and movie soundtracks.

Favourite Muppet: It's got to be the 2 Old Guys!

Plans for the Future: To have at least 1 more child and to do my best at whatever I plan on doing.

What's my Dream: To be able to provide my kids with everything they need to survive and to "guide them" in the right direction and watch them grow.
  7. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    You've got the best dream ever :)
  8. Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I agree. It's so much better than mine...which I never included, anyway. So I agree...
  9. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    oh that is sooo sweet Maul... [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

-Mel
  10. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    I'll update mine.

Physical Desc: Tall, brown-blonde hair, well built from working out.

Occupation: English Teacher/Tutor/Editor/Analyist and whatever else I can be bothered doing. I'm actually a qualified international political analyst.

Marital status: Attached, and long distance!

Favourite non-SW movie: Lawrence of Arabia.

Favourite food: Any dish revolving around vennison. Mmmm, bambi

Why did you choose your user name? I normally go by Ajay, but it was taken here. I'd been playing the PC game Baldur's Gate and there's a character called Ender Sai, and I thought it was a SW-enough name.

How long have you been a Star Wars fan? Since 1982, IIRC.

Favourite Book: Either Neuromancer or Virtual Light by William Gibson, or See No Evil by Robert Baer.

Favourite TV Show: Blackadder, the Office or Family Guy

Favourite Band: deftones.

Favourite Muppet: Does Yoda count? Maybe Gonzo.

Plans for the Future: Get back home with some overseas in-country living experience and with a decent amount of spoken Chinese and get a job in DFAT or DoD.

What's my Dream: "Two sisters... lesbians..." (Cookie for the reference)

No, really, it's to one day start my own business.

E_S
  11. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    What's my Dream: "Two sisters... lesbians..." (Cookie for the reference)

"I'm just watching..."

Where's my cookie?

Marital status: Attached, and long distance!

How's that working out for you? I did it for two months and didn't handle it well!

12. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I never thought I'd say this, but can I hear more from Ender?
  13. TK42I Jedi Knight

star 1
    Name: Alex

State/country: NSW, Australia

Marital status: Married with children

Physical description: About 165 or 5.5ft, short black hair, brown eyes, slim build

Favourite non-SW movie: The Dish

Favourite food: Fondue

Why did you choose your user name? Because he is actually Luke.

How long have you been a Star Wars fan? Since 1977 when we first watched it from outside the drive in over the fence on our pushbikes at the age of 10!
  14. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Sil:

[image=http://wiki.coolmon.org/files/cookie.jpg]

[image=http://www2.uol.com.br/setonline/televisao/imagens/202_04.jpg]

"I could catch a monkey. If I was starving I could. I'd make poison darts out of the poison of the deadly frogs. One milligram of that poison can kill a monkey. Or a man. Prick yourself and you'd be dead within a day. Or longer. Different frogs, different times."

:D

Bugger it, let's turn this into an Office quote fest.

Oh, and Sil, I've been here... just shy of 3months (I flew out on Valentine's Day [face_devil]) and its' going fine. Different drinks for different needs...

E_S
  15. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/elliottday/theoffice/gallery1/guitarroomreaction.jpg]

"Free love on the free love freeway, the love is free and the freeway's long. I got some hot love on the hot love highway, I'm goin' home 'cause my baby's gone..."
    "She's deeeaaaaad"
    "She not dead"

E_S
  16. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    ?If a military man like you, a soldier, er, could you give a man a lethal blow??
    ?If I was forced to, I could. If it was absolutely necessary, if he was attacking me.?
    ?If he was coming, really hard??
    ?Yeah, if my life was in danger, yeah.?
    ?And do you always imagine doing it face to face with a bloke, or could you take man from behind??
    ?Either ways easy.?
    ?So you could take a man from behind??
    ?Yeah.?
    ?Lovely.?

[face_devil]
  17. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/elliottday/theoffice/gallery1/brentaka.jpg]

"What is the single most important thing for a company? Is it the building? Is it the stock? Is it the turnover? It's the people, investment in people. My proudest moment here wasn't when I increased profits by 17%, or cut expenditure without losing a single member of staff. No. It was a young Greek guy, first job in the country, hardly spoke a word of English, but he came to me and he went "Mr. Brent, will you be the Godfather to my child?".
    Didn't happen in the end. We had to let him go, he was rubbish. He was rubbish!"

E_S
  18. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    well actually it is the coffee they have :D

-Mel
  19. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    "There are limits to my comedy. There are things that I'll never laugh at. The handicapped. Because there's nothing funny about them. Or any deformity. It's like when you see someone look at a little handicapped and go "Ooh, look at him, he's not able-bodied. I am, I'm prejudiced." Yeah, well, at least the little handicapped fella is able-minded. Unless he's not, it's difficult to tell with the wheelchair ones."

More quotes people.

E_S
  20. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    If you're so clever, what am I thinking now?
    You're thinking how can I kill a tiger armed only with a biro.
    No.
    You're thinking if I crash land in a jungle will I be able to eat my own shoes.
    No. And you can't.
    What are you thinking Gareth?
    I was just wondering whether will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark.
  21. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    [face_laugh] I love that episode.

¡§If a good man comes to me, and says thank you David, for the opportunity and continued support in the work-related arena, but I¡¦ve done that, I wanna better myself, I wanna move on, then I can make that dream come true, to, AKA, for you.¡¨

E_S
  22. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I am totally LOST here now.
    what the hell is going on?

-Mel
  23. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    We're posting the best quotes from The Office - a comedy series from the BBC.

This is the poem Slough, by Sir John Betjemen, probably never been here in his life. Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough, it isn?t fit for humans now. Right, I don?t think you solve town planning problems by dropping bombs all over the place, he?s embarrassed himself there. Next. In labour saving homes with care, their wives frizz out peroxide hair, and dry it in synthetic air, and paint their nails- they wanna look nice, what?s the matter, doesn?t he like girls? And talks of sports and makes of cars, and various bogus Tudor bars, and daren?t look up and see the stars, but belch instead. What's he on about? What, has he never burped? Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough, to get it ready for the plough. The cabbages are coming now, the earth exhales- He?s the only cabbage round here. And they made him a night of the realm. Overrated.
  24. maestrino Jedi Master

star 4
    "If you have lost both legs and both arms just go 'at least I'm not dead'. Though I'd rather be dead in that situation to be honest.. I'm not saying people like that should be put down. I'm saying that in my life I'd rather not live without arms and legs, 'cos you know... I'm just getting into yoga."

"I haven?t got a sign on the door that says white people only. I don?t care if you're black, brown or yellow - you know, Orientals make very good workers."

[stapler held out window..]:
    "What if that killed someone?"
    "Well then they'll think you're the murderer, it's got your name on it."
    "Why would a murderer put his name on a murder weapon?"
    "To stop people borrowing it?"
  25. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    I have scoured all of the video stores in my area of Taipei for The Office on DVD to show some friends who've never heard of it. Needless to say, couldn't find it, so I downloaded a couple.

They were the American version. It hurt.

E_S
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.