main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We Are Penn State!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by shinjo_jedi, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    As a fan of Penn State, I created this thread for all fans of Penn State to enjoy themselves in disscussion over the greatest college in America, Penn State.

The Man Himself:

[image=http://images.blackshoediaries.com/images/admin/JoePa.jpg]

Below is a recap of the year of 2006-2007 in Penn State football.

Schedule

9/02 Akron (Win 34-16)
    9/09 at Notre Dame (Loss 41-17)
    9/16 Youngstown State (Win 37-3)
    9/23 at Ohio State (Loss 28-6)
    9/30 Northwestern (Win 33-7)
    10/07 at Minnesota (Win 28-27)
    10/14 Michigan (Loss 17-10)
    10/21 Illinois (Win 26-21)
    10/28 at Purdue (Win 12-0)
    11/04 at Wisconsin (Loss 13-3)
    11/11 Temple (Win 47-0)
    11/18 Michigan State (Win 17-13)

Final Standings
    Overall: 8-4
    Conference: 5-3
    Conference Standing: 4

Bowl Game
    Outback Bowl (Opponent: Tennessee)

We Are Penn State.

2. Saruman-the-White

Saruman-the-White Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    Given the transition on offense, going 8-4 with all the losses against top 20 teams (including a mostly close game against the Buckeyes) isn't too bad. But I am still not impressed by Morelli at all.

3. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I still dont understand how Joe Pa is able to physically coach this late into life. Still, he's earned the right to retire on his terms and when he wants to.

And I hadn't really looked at what Penn State had done until now. Kinda reminds me of what Carolina did this year, lose to everybody in the top 15, beat everybody else.

4. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    I try not to be critical of Morelli, but it makes me wonder if we'd be better with a strong quarterback. Many fans of Penn State aren't happy with him, so we'll have to see. Still, their four losses came to four teams in the Top 10 teams in the country (well, Notre Dame is #11 now, I think). As Rogue said, it's like Carolina in the SEC. Unless you're dominant, you're going to get hurt in a big league like the Big-10 or the SEC with such powerful teams, and so many of them.

5. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I grew up a PSU fan. They are now my second team after USC.

6. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    So many powerful teams in the Big 10? Are you serious? The Big 10 pales in comparison to the SEC.

That having been said, I have the utmost respect for JoePa and Linebacker U. They've got a few stellar recruits to continue that trend too.

It's going to be a tough game next year when my Irish have to travel to Happy Valley to face JoePa and the White Out. I'm quite tempted to drive out, we'll see[face_thinking]

7. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    This year, no. Other years, yes. Still, they have three teams in the Top 6 - Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Michigan. They do pale in comparison to the SEC, but still, with three Top 6 team it's hard to be dominant in your division, which is what I was pointing at. And when one of your non-conference games is Notre Dame.

Good chance I'll be there. Being from PA, about 10 kids (out of about 250) go to Penn State every year, so I have quite a few friends down there. One promised me I could stay with him that weekend, so if I get a ticket I'll be in the White Out for the Notre Dame game. I cannot wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.