main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends We Are The People : A/T songfic - post-Rebirth

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tahiriveilax, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    These lyrics are from the song 'We are the people - Empire of the Sun', which is my favourite song atm. I recommend it highly to download. Or watch the film clip on Youtube, whatever floats your boat.
    This song is capivating, it has an amazing beat, and it always reminds me of A/T.
    This is Post-Rebirth, its romance, mush, you know :)
    I hope you like it and please comment. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------

We can remember swimming in December,
    Heading for the city lights in 1975,
    We share in each other,
    Nearer than father,
    The scent of a lemon drips from your eyes

Anakin stood at the starboard viewport of Errant Venture. He just stood there, gazing out at the stars, thinking back to the simpler times, the times when Tahiri and himself went off on adventures. He remembered back when he and Tahiri first encountered the Golden Globe. He remembered teaching her how to swim.
    They were inseparable then, best friends. Now, well they were still inseparable, but he wasn?t sure what they were. They were in limbo.
    Flashbacks of the academy days flooded his mind, Tahiri, Ikrit and all his friends, getting themselves in and out of trouble.

We are the people that rule the world.
    A force running in every boy and girl,
    All rejoicing in the world,
    Take me now ? we can try.

Young Anakin and Tahiri ran through the jungles of Yavin 4, the sun on their backs, laughing all the way. Anakin could feel the Force all around him, he could feel it inside of him, and he could breathe it. Tahiri grinned at him.
    ?Bet you can?t beat me, I?m too fast!? She bolted fast on the last words, and he hardly heard it. He ran after her, and soon caught up.

We lived an adventure
    Love in the Summer,
    Followed the sun till night
    Reminiscing other times of life,
    For each every other
    The feeling was stronger,
    The shock hit eleven ? Got lost in your eyes

Anakin remembered the last time he went to Yavin 4. He had gone against orders to save Tahiri. He remembered doing the dance again, and how he stuffed it up. He remembered sitting in that cave shoulder to shoulder with Tahiri, when they had that awkward conversation about who they were before, and what they were now.
    There had been a lot of that lately. After Yavin 4 and all its drama, he had decided to stay on the Errant Venture with Tahiri, to let her heal, and to be close to those she knew best. And on Eriadu, the feelings had just, just? multiplied; he looked into her eyes differently than he had when he was 11. They were the same, but they were different, they meant different to him.
    Yag?Dul. The word made him blush. He looked at the floor then. The locker, the kiss, the electric connection, it was all so surreal. It felt so right, but he didn?t know where to go now. Where was next for him and Tahiri?
    He sighed. This was the ultimate question.

I can?t do well when I think you?re gonna leave me,
    But I know I try,
    Are you gonna leave me now,
    Can?t you be believing now.

Tahiri sat on her bunk facing the ceiling. There was nothing interesting about it at all, but she wasn?t concentrating on that. She couldn?t even focus on eating even though her stomach was growling at her. She just looked at it absent-mindedly. Was Anakin getting sick of baby-sitting her? She loved him, she wanted him to know, but she didn?t want him to run for the hills. Maybe he didn?t feel the same, she didn?t know. She couldn?t be forward with him. She sighed heavily. Either way, there was always a dead end.
    Her biggest fear at the moment was that he would leave her. She needed him, because she wasn?t happy without him.
    She wished he believed in them, in Anakin and her together. Believed that they were meant to be like she did.

Can you remember and humanise,
    It was still where we?d energised,
    Lie in the sand and visualise
    Like its 75 again,

Realization hit Anakin like a bomb. This was TAHIRI. They were two of a kind. He didn?t need to hide from her because, most likely, she knew what he was feeling. And if she didn?t, she would understand. He built up the courage,

2. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    Aww, this is so sweet! I love Anakin and Tahiri together.

Realization hit Anakin like a bomb. This was TAHIRI. They were two of a kind. He didn?t need to hide from her because, most likely, she knew what he was feeling. And if she didn?t, she would understand.

You've got it exactly right here. I loved this line!

I'm glad someone else likes songfics, too. I was beginning to think I was the only one. You did a great job with this one! Are you planning to write any more?

3. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Thanks, I love them together too. :D
    I am DEFINATELY writing more songfics, that top of the list. I've got songs that I would like to already. Thank you x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.