main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends > We Breathe < - Selena Durron's Diary - links to [Hope in the Shadows] - short one/shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Title: ~ We Breathe ~ Selena Durron?s Diary
    Author: SITH_MAYO
    Genre: Angst. .
    Keywords: Heartache. . . family . . . and thoughts . .
    (Disclaimer!)
    Please Note> [This one-shot is set approximately 20yrs after the current WIP K/J fic called ~Hope in the Shadows~] ? [this is a look at a possible future the Durron?s could have! But this is not a definite future, as ~Hope in the Shadows~ is not yet complete . . .]

{Also this is set 6yrs after Blood Love a long-one shot about the Durron family}

Brief Summary: It doesn?t really make sense on its own, except its from Selena Durron?s point of view, her thoughts and feelings about the war her and her family is still in?

[I suggest you read Blood Love to get a better understanding of what?s mention in this one-shot.]

[b]> We Breathe <[/b]

[color=darkblue][ Six years after Coruscant?s fall ][/color]

?. . . the days grow colder now, so cold.

I think about the life before this war and wonder how I took it all for granted. I was naïve, we all were. But why this? Why now? Why us? I ponder too often I know, and one day such distraction will get me killed, but I can?t help asking.

I miss that which I never truly understood or appreciated. The peace, my little brother . . . my family and friends. All of them I miss. Some are still with me, but the battles have changed them. Like me, everyone I love is scarred by this war, all souls are wounded by something, whether it?s physical or emotional pain doesn?t matter, we are all connected by the sadness and hurt we are drowning in.

I miss the life before the conflict.

I miss the happiness, the carefree spirit we all had and the unconditional love we all carried.

That love has been tested now, so much of it has been tried . . . some of it has been stretched too thin. It binds us but it also breaks us. We?re weaker now, more than ever.

I?m not the same anymore. I live, but I live in fear: I live half of what I should.

My twin, my brother, Symon, doesn?t fear. He lives, but he lives in strife: he lives half of what he should.

Our parents are broken. They live, but they fear, they worry, they grieve: they live half of what they should.

Half of ourselves are dead. Inside we whither, we cry, we long for and scream for salvation.

. . . there?s little joy anymore. We all live half lives, because we have something holding us back. We live little, but we continue through the storm, through the blood, through the battles, through the heartaches, and still we breathe.

Sometimes it?s not enough to just live. But that?s what we do.

Live for the moment as the next moment may never come to pass.

I think this every time I wake up in the morning: whether I?m on a cold concrete floor, a soft mattress, or a damp muddy ground, I think this one thought . . . .

Keep breathing . . .
    Keep breathing . . .
    Keep breathing . . .

We all do.

We breathe.

Because we must.

For some of us, it?s all we can do . . . .?

[color=darkblue]< Holo-Diary-recording by Selena Durron, aged 25 >[/color]

[hr]

[hl=white][color=blue][[b]Insurgent Military Report [/b] : ]

[Holo-Diary discovered on board crashed vessel known as the [i][b]Rogue Deity[/b][/i] > Durron family shuttle >]

[> No arrests >]

[> No survivors found at scene >]

[> One corpse found in cockpit > Body suspected to be [u]Alexion Durron[/u] > Infant was two years old > [b]Mother[/b]: Selena Durron > [b]Father[/b]: unknown > Child died of blood loss >]

[> [u]Selena Durron[/u], [u]Tristen Durron[/u], [u]Amber Durron[/u], [u]Diana Durron[/u]: were logged into the ship?s computer >]

[> All Durrons are missing in action >]

[> [u][b]Insurgent Federation[/b][/u] has issued warrants for all ?Durrons? > All of them are to be immediately detained >]

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    This sounds very interesting. Especially the terrorist part.

What else is there to do but breathe when everything else seems to be going to hell?
    But she has hope: she's still alive. Well, before the terrorist part thing that's gotten me very confused.

This is really really great. Just like the other two fics. :p

3. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Oh that was so sad, but so good. =D=

Another nice tie-in to HITS.

Now you have me wanting the complete story... of course. :p

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    :_|

That was so sad...

But I agree with Cambria...now that I want the rest of the story. [face_mischief]

Thanks so much for the PM

FL @};-

5. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

6. Rosalie

Rosalie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2007
    =D=
    This is so sad but great.

Poor Durrons.
    And I really want more now.
    Pms:D ??

7. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

8. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
  9. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Am I to assume this means you'll be updating soon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.