main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "We Can Always Hope", humor, Sacrifice Spoilers, New Ch. 2 6/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ginchy, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I love this! :D

?He?s fine, a little clingy when I went in to tell him goodnight. I have to say, it was nice having my teenager suddenly want to hug and kiss me goodnight again.? Mara smirked. ?Maybe I should THANK the publishers.?

This is now my official stance on the matter. The whole thing was a terrible marketing scheme, and Ben is a normal teenager who loves his mother even if he doesn't want to show it openly, but who's more willing to hug her now that he's been shown just how stupid things could be.

?I don?t know? What purpose, other than cutting Jacen off from Ben can your death accomplish?? Luke frowned, gathering her close. Even the thought? He kissed her forehead.

?Well, the same purpose any other woman?s death has in fiction. To further a male character?s development.? Mara rolled her eyes.

AMEN. Couldn't sacrifice a male character, could we? Oh, no. Had to kill off Mara, just as we've effectively neutralized Jaina and ignored Mirax, Iella, their daughters, Shada, the female Rogues and Wraiths, etc, etc, freaking etc. [face_frustrated]

?So, now I?m dead,? Mara complained as he pulled back. ?I wonder where the novels will go from here? There?s no one to keep you or our son in line in them.?

Luke looked down at her and smiled softly. ?Somehow I think you?d be there to keep us in line, even beyond the Force.?

I'm wondering that, too - but I completely think that Mara would manage to keep them in line, death or no death. Del Rey can say whatever it wants about her joining the Force. They aren't permanently getting rid of Mara Jade that easily. [face_frustrated]

Thanks for writing an extra chapter! :D

2. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    What a cute little story. Why can't the pro fic be this happy??

Great little pick me up fic from reading spoilers from Sacrifice. What would we ever do without fanfic??

Good job.

jacky

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Wow, this is about a billion times better than anything since... 1999, pretty much. I love the ideas of everything Del Rey's done been just a bad series of novels in the GFFA... sorta like in RL, actually. And I loved Ben's reaction to reading Sacrifice, too. LOL

Ginchy, we must get you and several others a contract... ASAP.

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I didn?t know you?d posted it here! [face_blush]

LOVE it, gal! :D Just what the doctor ordered after?.the plot-device-that-shall-not-be-named.

?Our son was afraid of the Force??

Ah yes. One of the first of many stellar decisions made by profic. o_O

?Well, the same purpose any other woman?s death has in fiction. To further a male character?s development.? Mara rolled her eyes.

And they killed off TWO strong female characters. ?nuther good one, Del Rey! (Maybe they'll finally let Jaina play and remember that Shada, Mirax and Iella exist, LOL.)

Mara sighed. ?What a horrible galaxy they live in.?

Quote. For. Damn. Truth.

Brilliant viggie! [:D]

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Jade_Pilot: This is so wonderful and full of laughter and hope. Thank you so much ginchy lee for writing this! You?re welcome, gal! It was mostly to make myself feel better and I thought others might benefit from it, too. LOL Laughter and hope--two things profic are sorely lacking, imo!

iamobiwan1970: Thanks! I?m glad you enjoyed both chapters!

divapilot: What?!! Profic needs more than one strong woman?!! :eek: ;) Thanks, lady!!

Jade_eyes: Yes, well, I couldn?t let us all go on being so sad. Clean slate and all that, don?t ?cha know? :D Thanks, gal!

verybusy: Hey, it?s all from a certain point of view, right? :D This just happens to be mine. [face_laugh] Thanks, girl!

MirandaFair: Twin, I couldn?t even READ the book! LOL! Lightening the mood, that?s me! :D Thank you, twinnie!!

Gabri_Jade: Thanks so much! I?m so glad you enjoyed this--it really made me feel better myself. LOL This is now my official stance on the matter. The whole thing was a terrible marketing scheme, and Ben is a normal teenager who loves his mother even if he doesn't want to show it openly, but who's more willing to hug her now that he's been shown just how stupid things could be. Sounds great to me! Oh how I wish ANY child in profic could be normal! Del Rey can say whatever it wants about her joining the Force. They aren't permanently getting rid of Mara Jade that easily. My thoughts are that if being a Blue Ghostie is contingent on ?anchoring? one?s spirit to a body? Well, aren?t Luke and Mara pretty darn anchored to one another through their link?? Course, I?m sure in Del-Rey la la land they?re probably like, ?Link?? LOL, oh, dear. Thanks for the comments, lady! [:D]

jackyyy17: Thanks, jacky! I wish profic could be happier, too.

RK_Striker_JK_5: Thanks! :D I have to say, I?ve enjoyed my own writing and other?s fanfic way more than any profic like you say? since about 1999. LOL Ginchy, we must get you and several others a contract... ASAP. I?ll head up the Mush division!! :D Thanks so much for dropping in!

Jedi Trace: Thanks, gal! Well, originally I wasn?t going to post this--I wasn?t sure it was good enough to post. But I thought, what they hey! It made me smile, maybe it?ll make other?s smile, too. Thanks fo rthe QF(d)T. That made me grin! :D

THANKS so much to everyone for reading!! [:D]

6. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Ooooh i think I'm probably the last person to find this...but oh well, it was stilll very worth clicking!! *Sniff* I WISH that any part of that was true!!! I'll be honest, I haven't read past Betrayal yet, cause i cant face mara leaving me....but she'll live on with all of you, which is my solace!!! Especially you, ginchy, o master of mush (or at least one of them!) hehe....awesome awesome job!! I agree wholeheartedly with the others, you SHOULD write profic, i'd have loved to see u invent a crisis for L/M's wedding!!! Or when Luke proposed...or when Mara had the baby (Kathy Tyers did ok with the whole procreation thing, imho) or when the swarm war came (which i thought was ill-concieved all around from the start!) or...well, practically anything!!!

*APPLAUSE*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.