main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Old Title Was Way Too Long: USMNT/MLS Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth McClain, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Total letdown. Timbers played like a different team second half. And I am tired of Porter saying he has no issues with how they played on such-and-such a game. I have a problem with a team who gets a PK AND sees their opponent get a red card and STILL cannot pull out the win. I have a problem with how they played in the second half against the Sounders. Call a spade a spade and work on getting the team to win more. If the Timbers don't turn this around soon, they're NOT going to the playoffs, despite everyone acting like it's a foregone conclusion.

2. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Timbers / Salt Lake rematch tonight.

3. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Good god they were horrible last night.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Or as Twitter put it ...

Real Assault Lake

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Inexcusable. Man up in the 7th minute of a scoreless game. 83 FULL minutes of a man advantage And they lose.

6. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah it's frustrating to be a Timbers fan right now. I want Horst, Silvestre and Will Johnson back.

7. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Warzycha has been sacked; it's like Labor Day has become Christmas.

Darth McClain likes this.
  8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I forgot to say I also want Jewsbury back.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    DarthIntegral

Thought you may like this. From last night's Olbermann, discussing the..completely rational..behavior of the Costa Ricans towards our team leading up to the game.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Not good. Not good at all.

Will be some bad blood going forward, almost assuredly.

11. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Was nice to see the Timbers with a resounding win... but I am concerned that the Reserves could not beat RSL when they were up 1-0 and RSL was playing with ten men.

12. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Timbers are hanging in there.

Thorns are champs though. Nice job ladies.

13. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Take it to the Women's soccer thread... :p

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    And now a look at the training given to the refereeing crew for Friday's game in CR

Darth McClain likes this.
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    So I got to shake Alexi Lalas' hands tonight. And got to have Cobi Jones stand on a bar and lead us in chants of "Dos a Cero". He also stood on a trailer and talked about wanting to send Mexico to New Zealand.

So ... yeah ... pretty cool night. Even before Rob Stone gave a speech impersonating Ric Flair with turrets.

16. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
  17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    More to come later, but for now, let me just say that my throat hurts in ways I didn't know it could hurt. And that feels wonderful.

Also ... I almost feel as if I could die in peace now. Almost

18. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    We're going, we're going, we're going to Brazil!

19. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005

Brazil, Brazil, wir fahren nach Brazil! (Fits better given the coach's heritage:p )

DarthTunick likes this.
  20. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I am glad to see the US playing well like this. I was worried for the first 20 minutes of the game, Mexico played well. But then their play changed and the US dominated.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

I was too. It was around the point that Eddie Johnson went completely unmarked on a corner and almost headed one home in about the 28th minute that the game seemed to really turn.

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  23. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I get a blank section with no video.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Congrats to DC United, US Open Cup Champions.

Probably the second biggest upset in the final in the MLS era.