main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Old Title Was Way Too Long: USMNT/MLS Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth McClain, Apr 25, 2010.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Both defending conference champions go out in the opening night of the playoffs. But, MLS' TV partners keep alive their dream of a Seattle-Portland Conference Final.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    LOL @ Toronto

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Wtf Portland. They kicked our keeper in the head (and he had to go out with concussion symptoms) then elbowed Besler right in the nose. In both cases, Sporting's players started gushing blood. Clearly, clearly not taking dives.

Should have been TWO straight red cards on Portland. Instead, one yellow and one nothing at all.

Plus, the Portland fans have the gall to boo our players as if they are diving when they clearly had blood all over their faces?!

Yeah, I officially hate the Timbers. They should be playing with 9 men.

4. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Hahaha! Just got back from the game. Suck KC. Enjoys the the long flight home. Bunch of divers on your team.

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    solojones Dom Dwyer should absolutely have been out on red cards. KC had a TON of fouls as well. Those two situations you talk of with the KC keeper and with Besler were not intentional and therefore not red cards. I don't believe they were even yellows. Sometimes accidental contact causes guys to bleed. Happens in the game all the time. But I agree with Gersh. There was so much diving from KC I thought I was watching the Olympic diving team. Dwyer and a few other KC players had such bad attitudes, what bad sportsmanship. Or did you miss the KC player throwing the ball in a temper tantrum at the back of a Timbers player's head?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Columbus is onto the conference finals!

My heart nearly didn't make it to witness.

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah a Timbers player got a ball kicked into his head... In retribution for playing dirty as hell and wiping out our keeper. The Besler hit was even worse, though. Don't be naive and pretend that a high elbow on a play like that is an accident. I have watched enough soccer to know you'll get carded for that every time, because everyone knows very well that you can't throw reckless elbows up in the air like that. The ONLY reason they got away with it is because no refs were looking that way. The refs basically admitted as much by giving KC a bit of a makeup call later.

Also, the fans in Portland were completely classless. They were loudly booing in not one but TWO situations where our players were down on the field. Because they were diving? No, because they were quite visibly BLEEDING from their heads. Stay classy, Portland.

I hate when anyone dives. But I'd rather have divers than a bunch of dirty scumbags any day.

8. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Ha classless fans. Mirror, look into it.

9. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Pretty much every soccer support group in the world boos the opposing players when they're down. That's part of the game.

10. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Yep, that comes with the territory.

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    You're going home in a ________ ambulance.

Is there any supporter's section that doesn't chant that?

Darth McClain likes this.
  12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    You're going home in a ________ ambulance.

Is there any supporter's section that doesn't chant that?

13. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    It's so true that Inty chanted it twice.

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Wow. Dominance from Columbus, literally from the opening whistle. Playoff record goal 9 seconds into the game, and a 2-0 scoreline fitting for a big game in that stadium. Work left to do, but looking line a great shot for Columbus to go to the final.

Exactly what I needed to move past the Ohio State result

heels1785 likes this.
  15. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    I'll take my 3-1 victory for the Timbers.

16. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I agree, gersh. That was an outstanding way to end the season at home. Here's to Sunday!!!

17. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Sunday fun day. Whooohoo!

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    My heart survived that last minute off the post would be equalizer.

Strilo darth_gersh, see you next Sunday for the Cup.

19. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Should be a great game, just hope it isn't cold and snowy.

TIMBERS!

20. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I never in a million years thought that the Timbers would go to the MLS Cup this season. I was so frustrated in the middle of the season. It's been a great ride since then and I hope Sunday will be a good game with the Timbers in the winning spot.

21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    MLS Cup is today! How is this thread not active?! ;)

GO TIMBERS!

22. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Can't wait, going to the store for food and beer as I have a vaca day on Monday.

When I root, I root for the Timbers!

23. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Bestie and I are taking one last stroll through the Holiday Ale Fest before we head to a pub for the match. Should be quite the day!

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Dream start for Strilo. Start the watch for Inty.

89 minutes to go, at least.

25. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    It's on now!

Timbers MLS champions!

26. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Congrats, you two, and all of Timbers fans. If Columbus couldn't win, glad it could be you winning it.

After all, MLS Rule number one: **** Seattle