main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Old Title Was Way Too Long: USMNT/MLS Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth McClain, Apr 25, 2010.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I've bookmarked it and will give it a read tonight. Sounds like a fun read.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I have a confession... with how frustrating the Timbers have been this season, and how good the Cubs have been, I'm struggling to maintain interest in the Timbers. I've missed a decent number of games this year, like two of which I couldn't even find a buyer for my tickets. Wednesday the Timbers play a home Champion's League match and I am trying to sell my tickets so I can watch the Cubs NLCS game.

I'm a bad fan...

DarthIntegral likes this.
  3. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Well, Timbers deserved to get their butts kicked today. If you can't win on the road, you don't get to make the playoffs.

4. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Maybe I will care more about the Timbers next year. This year was frustrating to watch.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    MLS for the third season in a row has broken it's personal attendance record in terms of per game average. It's a modest gain, but still a positive sign. The league has a higher per game average attendance than League Un in France, something none of us would have imagined typing 21 years ago when the league launched.

oh, and Congrats to Toronto. the highest spending team in the history of MLS finally has a playoff victory. And, for the first time ever, a Canadian-based club has won advanced in the playoffs against a US-based club. Note: Toronto still sucks. Better dead than Red certainly applies to TFC.

Strilo likes this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Ligue Un, heathen.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Inty Fail. :(

Diggy likes this.
  8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Someone is being particular about the French language?? Whoever heard of such a thing!!!

9. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I know I, for one, would have zero issue with someone spelling it "Bundesleague."

EDIT: Oh dear god I was wrong, it was almost painful typing that and hitting "Post." [face_sick]

10. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Given how well he played in Champions League again last night, I think it is time to rename this thread "Christian Pulisic is a football God (and Wayne Rooney is not)"

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Do any of our Canadian sports friends support Toronto FC? Or even casually watch? Boba_Fett_2001, maybe?

I'm just entertained that Toronto for the third time this calendar year is in a Conference/League Final. At least for their sake, there's no Cleveland team waiting for them this time.

heels1785 - Make this happen!

heels1785 likes this.
  12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Yeah for once it's not too bad to be a Toronto sports fan. :p

I don't watch MLS, or soccer in general minus the World Cup and Euro, so I wouldn't really call myself a fan but I am aware of how the team is doing. They have a small but very dedicated following so I'm happy for them.

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I love this lineup tonight against Mexico.

I know he's controversial, but I think Jurgen is a damn genius.

Really hope the fans behave tonight - could really get ugly, considering the political climate with these countries.

14. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I think American Outlaws will. Hope everyone else does, too.

Did any of you guys catch Grant Wahl's interviews about Dos a Ceros of old?

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I have not - I wonder if they'll include them in this pregame.

I am so excited to see what Pulisic can do.

16. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    That'd be cool. If they don't, they're on the Planet Futbol podcast feed. They were my sanity on Wednesday.

Me, too. I am annoyed that I didn't remember that the game was tonight until after dinner so I'm watching at home instead of the AO bar. :oops: Next time.

heels1785 likes this.
  17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Pulisic is starting. Hype train goes to twelve. Twenty if he scores

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Are you at the game, Inty?

This is pretty testy to start.

Edit - sonofabeech!

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    No. Spent my budget on World Series and Euro

heels1785 likes this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Not working. 3-5-2 may work better if someone like Zardes was opposite Wood and could threaten with his speed, but El Tri is doing as they please.

That should be 3-0. Switch it up, Jurgen. Bite the bullet.

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Maybe if these guys were used to playing in a 3-man back it might work. But no comfort and no familiarity is a really bad combination

Edit

Double ****, first half keeper injury sub

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Mexico still world class floppers!

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    They are. Bah

Worst 45 minutes of soccer the USMNT has ever played in Columbus. Can't lose at our fortress. Need a better second half

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    BOBBY WOOD BABY