main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We Got Chewie!

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Oct 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Yo, gang, guess what?! WE got Peter Mayhew - yup the one and only Chewbacca - coming to the IMAX premiere!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made the first contact by email, and which set things into motion. Once I sent him a copy of the proposed itinerary, his wife Angie called me...on my cel phone! This was a total team effort! Many thanks to the 501st, Exploris, and 3001 A.D. for chipping in for his appearance fee, airline tickets, and accomodations! I'm so psyched I can't stand it!

2. Starburstlvr

Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Do you think he could stay in town until Monday?! I'm not going to be there for this?! ARGH!

Okay...it's okay, I'll get over it...eventually *sob*

3. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    He'll be here Thurs for Halloween, Fri, and Sat.

4. lumberjedi

lumberjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I love CHEWY! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How long will he be at the IMAX?

All you need is love!

5. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Awesome news, Tallon. I had heard about it earlier today! I changed my schedule around, and I am going to have Nov. 1st off completely. Dennis is also trying to get the entire day off, as are some other members. So several of us will be showing up in the morning. We are really really looking forward to it!!!

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    That is very cool! :D

7. roguewolf

roguewolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2001
    NO WAY?!

thats the power of the Force :D

8. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh my gosh! That's awesome!! :D :D :D Thanks to everyone who got that together!

The first showing November 1st is at 4PM, right? If so, I should be able to make it right after school. :)

That's so COOL! :D

9. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    He'll be there 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM Halloween.
    From 4 PM till 10 PM Premiere day 11/1.
    All day Saturday.

Expect to see him on TV interviewed between 4PM and 6PM on WB22 or UPN28.

Trying to get the N&O to come out also for some print media interview.

This whole thing came together very quickly Monday and Tuesday, with a lot of heavy duty coordination between everyone to get him his appearance fees, accomodations, plane flight arranged. which are not cheap. $500 + $20 per autographed pic while on site + 4 hotel days, + meals covered + couple hundred for plane flight.

But hey he's worth it! We rock!

10. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    Gah. I wasn't planning on going until a Sunday, and probably not until the week after it premieres. Don't want to be swamped by the crowds. :(

11. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    "$20 per autographed picture while on site" -- does that mean the 'sponsors' of Mayhew's appearance are covering his autograph charge and he won't be charging fans?

12. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Sorry, no. $20 is what he'll be charging for autograhed photos. I'm planning to also have a photographer on site for personalized photos.

13. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    See Peter Mayhew get interviewed from 5PM til 6PM at Exploris on Halloween! Kids get candy!

See print interviews of Peter Mayhew in the News and Observer on Friday!

Thrills! Chills! and Spills! why do I sound like a 40's serial?? :D

14. DarthStinkyBritches

DarthStinkyBritches Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    Yeah, this is neat. I'm not apart of any club you guys have, but I live in Raleigh. I just bought my tickets saturday for the first showing of EP2 on Nov 1st. Seeing chewie will be pretty neat.

15. VinkFloyd

VinkFloyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2000
    :rant start:
    THIS SUCKS!
    i now, more than before, RESENT the fact that i'm doing this stupid f'n play.
    i'm NOT even having a good time doing it! has anyone ever seen death of a salesman? IT'S DEPRESSING! it's ruined my halloween this year, i can't see episode ii imax until it's THIRD weekend, and now i have to miss seeing PETER MAYHEW because of it?! DAMMIT!!!!!!!!
    i didn't want to visit this forum to see what i was missing out on. but the damn homing beacon mentioned this and i was like, "WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!"
    the force is so damn weak with me right now. BAH!
    :rant end:

16. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Worry not. We're working on getting him back here for Dec 22's Star Wars Day at the Hurricanes.

17. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Had a blast guys! Just wanted to drop a little note to Tallon to let you know I didnt see you when we got out of the movie, and I forgot to grab my Trivial Pursuit! Just get with me and we will figure out a way to get together so I can get it back. Again, it was ALOT of fun meeting you and hanging out with so many star wars fans, not to mention the mighty Chewbacca himself!

18. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Heya Guys,

Wish we could be there but right now we are into serious planning of November 12th. I can't wait to get some time off to come visit the Rocky Mount or Raleigh Fan Force. Things are going smoothly as Havelcok is rebuilding itself. Let me know how the rest of the day goes,

Yours Truly,

Jane aka Universal

19. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Guys, I have to tell ya, Peter Mayhew and his wife Angie are SO NICE!!!!:D They are a riot to talk to! Just the nicest pair of people in the world. I'd love to have them back again. The 501st, Exploris, and I are going to discuss getting more celeb people for Dec 22 at the Carolina Hurricanes.

20. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I hope things went well this weekend. :)

The Atlanta IMAX event was a blast, even if we didn't have the honor of having Peter Mayhew in our midst. ;)

I hope someone took pictures. :)

21. bashido

bashido Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    Hi everyone. Just wanted to drop you guys a line and let you know that I had the honor of attending Friday's festivities (the 4:00 premiere) and had a terrific time! Peter Mayhew was super nice and helped make this an extra special event. Thanks to all of you who put in long hours to make this a true "Star Wars" experience.

22. neojedi

neojedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2001
    I was there for the late show Friday, and yes Peter's a nice guy. He must have liked my shirt, he muttered something about not being the one who dresses me in the morning. :)

The Trivia was a nice touch too, glad the questions got tough near the end. Lesson learned at least for me -- a pack of screaming girls and a PA system are a bad combination. ;)

23. jarik33

jarik33 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Hi guys, i'm from the Spice Miners and brouse here occasionally. I was wondering what info and specifics you have on this SW day with the Hurricanes, I can't find any on their site.

Thanks.

24. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yup, that PA system was annoying, but we made it thru ok. [face_plain]

There's nothing on the Hurricanes website cuz there's nothing firmed up on details. I'm not in charge of it. Sean from the 501st is. They wanted some kind of Stormtroopers on Ice thing. [face_shocked] LOL

25. Starburstlvr

Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    I'm glad things went well in Raleigh! I went to a Nov. 2nd showing at the IMAX in Dallas - lots of people dressed up and I had alot of fun. The highlight was, of course, the movie itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.