main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC We *gotta* do that again!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    The Open House started really well last night, starting with Claire's arrival with some odd stuff she picked up on the 'Net: (American Jedi, anyone? Too funny!), and continued to get better thanks to Qui-Dawn's supreme effort of getting the DVD player and TPMonopoly game to my place for everyone's enjoyment. For all that the interaction of the new tech and my ancient solid-state TV was none too clean, the bloopers were hilarious, and the expanded scenes were illuminating as always. Our scan over the DVD led Claire and Dawn and I into a great discussion before dinner.

After the pizza, Master Dao-Rin brought a friend. we had a really quick meeting to lay further plans for the opening of Episode II, and then dove headfirst into a rambunctious game of TPMonopoly. It was clear John and Darren were forming an alliance right from the start, having chosen the gamepieces of Palpatine and Maul right off the top, directly combatting Amidala and Qui-Gon, as played by Claire and Dawn. That left Kelson to be the lone battle droid and me Sebulba, froming shifting alliances, but the split was mostly male vs. female.

The Sith Lords' tactics gave them a late advantage, for while all the women owned most of the property, we weren't working with each other, so their early property deals gave Darren the first monopoly, and it all went downhill from there, with a few breaks, such as my surviving on nothing but Podracers for quite a while, having paid ridiculous sums for them.

In the end, Palpatine took Maul's place (in keeping with the film, and Darren won the game, charging surreal rents for middle-corner properties. Maybe that's how Palpatine funded his rise to power? :)

It was a hoot, and we should likely do that again.

Our next meeting will be next Saturday in the evening, any suggestions as to where? Anyone wanna host, or should we meet at a local cafe? Add your two bits, or get stuck with Alzu's again!

See you all there!

*Derisa*

2. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    I agree, what a hoot! Maybe even a hootenanny. ;) We really are a gloriously silly bunch, aren't we?

Oh, also - I think we're managing to slowly work out how ticket sales are gonna work....pretty much got it all figured out, yes? :) Derisa, if you use Force - and I'd actually like to see that ;) - to pin the theatre manager up to a wall and get an answer from him, for sure, in any case on advance ticket sales....let me know about timing and maybe I could score back my costume, 'cause think of it, even if it's only the ticket line (and word down in Seattle was that the first midnight showing there sold out in forty-five minutes, which gives you a good idea of what we're prepped and ready for), well, imagine how imposing it could be....I mean, who's gonna mess with us then? ::waves hand in ticket seller's face:: You *will* give us all the tickets.... :)

And you think all that was fun....wait until next time, 'cause I'm gonna see what I can do today about having my brother teach me how to levitate someone. And I'm not kidding. :) Ooooh, hey, how's *that* for a lineup display?

Dawn.

3. JediObi-Wan

JediObi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.