Lit We Hav to Take a Trip with Jacen Solo (WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SNARK)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Trip, May 25, 2008.

1. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    I was laughing so hard reading this I nearly cried.

Oh wait... maybe those tears were for a different reason.
  2. Trip Force Ghost

star 4
    Hav! Great recap but you forgot the X-wing with the random inexplicable grabby claw-arm things!

HOW COULD YOU FORGET THE GRABBY CLAW-ARM THINGS???
  3. Carnage04 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Holy crap, I missed the fact that the Fury post was made three weeks ago. Two books worth of Havocey goodness. YaY!

I was surprised reading the review at the fact that I actually liked Fury.

I was surprised reading the review at the fact that Revelation was as bad as it was...and that is not just because I want to bash on Traviss.

Now THAT is funny.

That's hilarious. I actually got an image in my head of Jacen logging into his SpaceMySpace account and posting a "Jacen has just informed Niathal that he is a Sith Lord. She didn't get it. LoL." update.

Oh man, I forgot all about that sequence. Why did you have to remind me?

4. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    I WAS TRYING REALLY HARD TO GET THROUGH IT FAST AND I FORGOT I'M SORRY.

SO THERE'S THIS X-WING THAT COMES TO GET JACEN ALONG WITH LUKE AND HEY, ALL OF A SUDDEN IT HAS GRABBY CLAW-ARMS TO GRAB ONTO JACEN'S FIGHTER AND WHAT THE HELL THIS MAKES NO SENSE WHERE DID THIS COME FROM AND WHY?
  5. Trip Force Ghost

star 4
  6. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    I think perhaps someday I should read this thread. I hear it could produce some not insignificant titters.
  7. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Daala deploys stupid superweapons. Jacen decides to pull out, rather than take losses, because suddenly he's not a planet-burning madman anymore now that it's inconvenient for the plot. He should have just waited five more minutes, and Daala's superweapons would backfire, or some random Jedi would blow up her flagship, or she'd be unable to overcome the urge to run her ship into something large and unyielding, or Daala would drool onto a crucial control board and short-circuit it, forcing her to abandon her ship and any last, long-hopeless pretension of credibility. Jacen gets enough ships to go with him instead of Niathal, for no explicable reason whatsoever, that he somehow keeps control of Coruscant and legitimacy despite all logic and intelligence, as well as the entire plotline leading up to this, telling us this should not be the case.

I could not have laughed any harder if I tried, Hav. Beautiful.
  8. darthadimentsu Jedi Master

star 1
    The worst part of Daala's return (and there's a lot to choose from) is that it toyed with the prophecy/Zahn's words on Thrawn's third incarnation, implying that it was going to be him coming back to save the galaxy.

Having said that, had it been a clone resurrection of Thrawn it would be Traviss's second slap in Zahn's face, and would have been horrible.
    Imagine Thrawn realising the one set of warriors who can best him tactically are the... Mandalorians!
  9. T-boy-wan Force Ghost

star 3
    I love that this book introduced us to continuity-b Tahiri, Pellaeon and Daala all in one go. This was always going to be the funniest snark ever.

Although my favourite part was always that Traviss's 'average joes' don't have a clue what a Sith is despite Sith ruling just 40 years earlier. You'd think info on Sith would be something Luke would be eager for people to know about.

And no Thrawn mention at all throughout Pellaeon's final book. Plenty of Naboo though.
  10. Darth_Garak Force Ghost

star 3
    Don't worry, when the next book finishes we'll be happy to know the galaxy is being led by a logical, kind, understanding, funny and general good person so the series at least ends on a high note. Right?..............................right?
  11. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    I, for one, welcome our new patch-eyed overlord.
  12. J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  13. Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Much like a Gungan from Naboo, I don't know what you're talking about. The book had no more references to that planet than a Naboo encyclopedia. I think you're fishing around for complaints, like a Naboo fisherman.

Naboo.

(I believe my favorite would be Niathal?the water creature, from a water planet?thinking of an analogy to a naval battle on Naboo.)
  14. Carnage04 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't know if that is too ridiculous. There seems to be a lack of "Vader and the Emperor are Sith Lords" in the original Trilogy. The Emperor didn't seem to be calling officers into his office to tell him that he is a Sith, a la Darth Caedus. After the fact, perhaps, the heroes of the Rebellion might have said "Yeah, they were Sith" but really....what does that mean to an average Joe? Also, Palpy = Evil, Vader = Evil, Palpy = Sith, Vader = Sith doesn't necessarily translate to Sith = Evil. These two Sith happened to be evil but what is to say that all Sith are evil? History, certainly, but that is ancient history as far as Average Joe goes.
  15. Liliedhe Jedi Knight

star 3
    *giggles*

Just a pity there wasn't more snark on the Jaina-on-Mandalore parts... I know this is focussed on Jacen, but I'd have paid good fictious money to read it ;).
  16. T-boy-wan Force Ghost

star 3
    I dunno. You'd think if the Sith were so bad people would at least learn of their atrocities through history lessons. Their not the kind of enemy you'd think the Jedi would just forget to explain and warn the galaxy about.

Naboo. Naboo. Naboo.
  17. S1thari Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Okay, now I really can't wait for the INVINCIBLE review....
  18. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    Someone tell me what page Luke's Mando'etymological Sith explanation is on, please? I don't remember it at all, but it sounds awesome. In snark-context, that is.

I lol'd more than in the last three entries put together, but I should feel bad. Revelation is just such an easy target.
  19. Darth_Garak Force Ghost

star 3
    I think the problem would be that the average Joe would come to the conclusion of "So Sith are like Jedi but they believe something a bit diferent?".

Besides, why would you want to teach the galaxy that some of the worst people in history have been fallen Jedi? Because then the average Joe would go "So no Jedi then no fallen Jedi? Go away Jedi." Which wouldn't really solve anything.
  20. Xammer Jedi Grand Master

21. T-boy-wan Force Ghost

star 3
    OK perhaps an average joe might think that. But supposedly intelligent people like Niathal and Shevu? I'm not buying it.
  22. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    Thanks Xammer.

Good lord. Luke's just completely off-topic there. Who cares and answer the damn question, farmboy! :p
  23. Magnuskn Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, this was more funny than YodaKenobis scathing review back then, but YK was more thorough in ripping this book to shreds. Still, good work, Havac. ^^

I'd, too, would have liked something more on the general insanity of what was done to Jaina, but it's Jacens thread after all...
  24. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, not to worry. In the event that Jaina joins her brothers in kicking the proverbial bucket, hopefully Havac will provide us with a Jaina snark thread? [face_batting]

Anyway, this was a hilarious entry. (Ironically, I think the bit in the beginning about Jaina needing the RIF institute was my favorite. [face_laugh])

I am eagerly awaiting the Invincible entry but also sad too, knowing that will be the last. :(

Seriously, though, is anyone going to snark The Crystal Star? We never got that one. It's just begging for the snark treatment! :_|
  25. T-boy-wan Force Ghost

star 3
    Some were being saved for Trip but I bet Havac will have a go after finishing Invincible.