Lit We Hav to Take a Trip with Jacen Solo (WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SNARK)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Trip, May 25, 2008.

1. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    But I liked Jacen's characterization, all throughout the NJO series, both before and after Traitor (and especially during). Heck, I even liked his detached badass persona in the Dark Nest Trilogy.

Now that I'm reading the LotF series, though, Jacen's character assassination is making me want to smash the nearest desk with my head. They kriffing ruined him. [face_plain]
  2. Ice1605 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Yeah, I liked his pre-DNT characterization too. I suppose his 5-year journey could explain his shift in character from NJO to DNT, but when LOTF hit, it went downhill.
  3. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
  4. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, Havac, you certainly caused me to better appreciate Jacen Solo and the NJO series. You also caused me to reevaluate my opinion of LOTF.

Alas, poor Jacen. We knew him well. And yet, we barely knew him at all...
  5. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah they blew alot out the airlock when the decied to do Lotf, I still can't believe that lotf made it out of planning stages.

The One things Star Trek did right, was that they STUCK with Jean Luc Picard, showing that all StarFleet captains did not have to be James T. Kirk to be competant and fun to watch.
  6. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Finally caught up. Absolutely hilarious. =D=
  7. Darth_Foo Force Ghost

star 4
    recently, a friend (who has only read TTT, JAC, HoT-SQ, and pre Ep3 CW) asked me what happens in NJO. i sent him a link to this.

hope this thread never gets deleted. [face_peace]
  8. killfire Force Ghost

star 4
    But when you think of Star Trek you always think of James T. Kirk. That's why the last movie opened a large, large door to rewrite and retell everything. And when you think of Star Wars you always think of ... Darth Vader. :p
  9. Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group

VIP
    star 4
    I don't know... when I think of Trek, I think of Picard, not of Kirk. Comes with the age.

But I'll admit that the large public tends to reduce series to one or two characters, or musicians to one or two hit singles, and so on. When Ep3 came out, the PR buzz tried really hard to get OT fans with the focus on Vader, Chewie, Yoda and the droids (in that order, I believe). And I guess the new Trek film did so well in the USA because it sold to non-Trek viewers who go from Trek to Spock to "wasn't it the one with the Death Star" (and alas, it had both Spock and the Death Star in it).

Regarding that question, when I think of Star Wars, I guess I might come up with Luke first, not Vader. Or, if I'm in prequel mood, probably Qui-Gon with entourage.
  10. _Catherine_ Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_whistling]

(I didn't actually check anywhere but I assume this never happened.)
  11. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    Despite my continual verbal abuse, it has yet to materialize.
  12. Darth_Wilahelm Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    This was awesome. It took me a few days to get through it but so worth it. Havac and Trip this is your Crowning Moment of Funny. Please do you guys think you do one for each of the other Solo kids. Yes Jaina is still alive but that shouldn?t stop us from having fun at her expense.
  13. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    I die a little inside every time I see this thread bumped and it isn't a new update from Havac or Trip.
  14. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    How could there be an update? Havac finished, and Trip quit. [face_thinking]
  15. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    I know, I know, but still, I keep hoping [face_peace] . Like some people hope for Crimson Empire 3 or a new Stover novel. I wonder, if Jacen comes back to the fore in Invasion or a new novel, if Havac will resurrect the thread. Whenever I see the thread bumped, I get my hopes up that one of the two relented and made another comedic post. Hope springs eternal and all that :p
  16. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Offtopic, but I think they confirmed they're writing a Crimson Empire 3 earlier this year.
  17. zonzo Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well, having spent the last 2 days reading through this thread, I have to say... Completely worth it :)
  18. Treborani Jedi Knight

star 3
    You know, I never actually posted anything in this thread, but before I was a member I consistently lurked in this one. It's what made me sign up. Just thought I'd say my piece before I never got a chance.
  19. The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Just finished reading this entire thread. Fantastic work. It was one of the funniest things I have ever read, but it really pointed out how badly Jacen was mishandled post-NJO.
  20. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    Alot of fans seem to have a highly selective memory when it comes to Jacen's deeds, thoughts, and behavior.

Jacen is often the victem of Alternate character interpretation than just about any other star wars EU character. with quite a bit of death eater ron.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AlternativeCharacterInterpretation?from=Main.AlternateCharacterInterpretation
  21. spicewood Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    If Jaina gets her own thread like this, can Havac please make sure that anytime we read it we are made to listen to Bel Biv Devoe's Poison on repeat. I mean, come on Fel, never trust a big butt and a smile.

On a serious note, this thread still cracks me up. Great work, Havac and Trip, thanks for the laughs.
  22. leia7 Jedi Knight

star 1

Thanks for the laughs.

In addition to a thread for Jaina, can we also have one for Ben?

Nanny droid, hiding in theforce, Killiks, the guard and Tahiri.

Can't wait to see what Havac would do with that...
  23. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    In the far future, after the Darth Plagueis book comes out, I think it would be worth taking a trip through Palpatine's life. I have a feeling we'll get some insight into his earlier years in the DP novel, so his rise and fall might be comparable to that of Jacen's (but probably not so innocent).
  24. _Catherine_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Happy anniversary, Disappointment!
  25. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6