main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit We Hav to Take a Trip with Jacen Solo (WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SNARK)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Trip, May 25, 2008.

1. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    But I liked Jacen's characterization, all throughout the NJO series, both before and after Traitor (and especially during). Heck, I even liked his detached badass persona in the Dark Nest Trilogy.

Now that I'm reading the LotF series, though, Jacen's character assassination is making me want to smash the nearest desk with my head. They kriffing ruined him. [face_plain]

2. Ice1605

Ice1605 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 10, 2006
    Yeah, I liked his pre-DNT characterization too. I suppose his 5-year journey could explain his shift in character from NJO to DNT, but when LOTF hit, it went downhill.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999

4. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Well, Havac, you certainly caused me to better appreciate Jacen Solo and the NJO series. You also caused me to reevaluate my opinion of LOTF.

Alas, poor Jacen. We knew him well. And yet, we barely knew him at all...

5. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Yeah they blew alot out the airlock when the decied to do Lotf, I still can't believe that lotf made it out of planning stages.

The One things Star Trek did right, was that they STUCK with Jean Luc Picard, showing that all StarFleet captains did not have to be James T. Kirk to be competant and fun to watch.

6. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Finally caught up. Absolutely hilarious. =D=

7. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    recently, a friend (who has only read TTT, JAC, HoT-SQ, and pre Ep3 CW) asked me what happens in NJO. i sent him a link to this.

hope this thread never gets deleted. [face_peace]

8. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    But when you think of Star Trek you always think of James T. Kirk. That's why the last movie opened a large, large door to rewrite and retell everything. And when you think of Star Wars you always think of ... Darth Vader. :p

9. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I don't know... when I think of Trek, I think of Picard, not of Kirk. Comes with the age.

But I'll admit that the large public tends to reduce series to one or two characters, or musicians to one or two hit singles, and so on. When Ep3 came out, the PR buzz tried really hard to get OT fans with the focus on Vader, Chewie, Yoda and the droids (in that order, I believe). And I guess the new Trek film did so well in the USA because it sold to non-Trek viewers who go from Trek to Spock to "wasn't it the one with the Death Star" (and alas, it had both Spock and the Death Star in it).

Regarding that question, when I think of Star Wars, I guess I might come up with Luke first, not Vader. Or, if I'm in prequel mood, probably Qui-Gon with entourage.

10. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    [face_whistling]

(I didn't actually check anywhere but I assume this never happened.)

11. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Despite my continual verbal abuse, it has yet to materialize.

12. Darth_Wilahelm

Darth_Wilahelm Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2009
    This was awesome. It took me a few days to get through it but so worth it. Havac and Trip this is your Crowning Moment of Funny. Please do you guys think you do one for each of the other Solo kids. Yes Jaina is still alive but that shouldn?t stop us from having fun at her expense.

13. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    I die a little inside every time I see this thread bumped and it isn't a new update from Havac or Trip.

14. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    How could there be an update? Havac finished, and Trip quit. [face_thinking]

15. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    I know, I know, but still, I keep hoping [face_peace] . Like some people hope for Crimson Empire 3 or a new Stover novel. I wonder, if Jacen comes back to the fore in Invasion or a new novel, if Havac will resurrect the thread. Whenever I see the thread bumped, I get my hopes up that one of the two relented and made another comedic post. Hope springs eternal and all that :p

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Offtopic, but I think they confirmed they're writing a Crimson Empire 3 earlier this year.

17. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Well, having spent the last 2 days reading through this thread, I have to say... Completely worth it :)

18. Treborani

Treborani Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2009
    You know, I never actually posted anything in this thread, but before I was a member I consistently lurked in this one. It's what made me sign up. Just thought I'd say my piece before I never got a chance.

19. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Just finished reading this entire thread. Fantastic work. It was one of the funniest things I have ever read, but it really pointed out how badly Jacen was mishandled post-NJO.

20. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Alot of fans seem to have a highly selective memory when it comes to Jacen's deeds, thoughts, and behavior.

Jacen is often the victem of Alternate character interpretation than just about any other star wars EU character. with quite a bit of death eater ron.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AlternativeCharacterInterpretation?from=Main.AlternateCharacterInterpretation

21. spicewood

spicewood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2007
    If Jaina gets her own thread like this, can Havac please make sure that anytime we read it we are made to listen to Bel Biv Devoe's Poison on repeat. I mean, come on Fel, never trust a big butt and a smile.

On a serious note, this thread still cracks me up. Great work, Havac and Trip, thanks for the laughs.

22. leia7

leia7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2007

Thanks for the laughs.

In addition to a thread for Jaina, can we also have one for Ben?

Nanny droid, hiding in theforce, Killiks, the guard and Tahiri.

Can't wait to see what Havac would do with that...

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    In the far future, after the Darth Plagueis book comes out, I think it would be worth taking a trip through Palpatine's life. I have a feeling we'll get some insight into his earlier years in the DP novel, so his rise and fall might be comparable to that of Jacen's (but probably not so innocent).

24. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Happy anniversary, Disappointment!

25. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005