Tampa, FL We have arrived

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_TaganCalera, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_TaganCalera Jedi Master

star 1
    You may recall me posting recently that my wife and I were moving down to Sarasota soon. Well soon has come and gone. :)

We are here now and also looking for people with an interest in roleplaying the Star Wars D6 RPG (the old RPG, not the current one from TSR).

We already have one other experianced player and are looking for a couple more.

Also, whats the plan for opening night? I see alot of posts that I am WAY behind on reading due to coming into it late and also being unconnected to the internet for the last week.
  2. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    Welcome! I think Matt (aka Ravenjack) said he was into roleplaying. I'm sure he'll post either way so talk to him.

onward
  3. Ravenjack Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey welcome to the area. I have played a lot of RPG's from D&D, Vampire the masquerade, Warhammer, magic the gathering, and I also play in LARP's. I have never played the Star Wars RPG's though. I would be interested in giving it a try.
  4. Jedi_TaganCalera Jedi Master

star 1
    Outstanding! My wife and I RPG, LARP (have one here we're joining), and I used to do Magic: the Gathering before all my cards went caput and I realized the financial burden of going back into it (so I went cold turkey and will never go back).

Since you're an experianced gamer you shouldn't have any issues. As a Star Wars fan you already have the basics you need. The campaign setting takes place 6 months before the Thrawn Trilogy. Shoot me an e-mail at jedimobleys@comcast.net and we'll work out info.

The games will usually run down here in Sarasota on Saturdays (unless my new job has other plans for me as I don't know yet). But we may be able to work something out depending on everyone's location. Our other player is in Clearwater but has no problems making the drive down here. If you're closer to him car pooling would save gas and also ensue with some interesting conversation. How frequently we'll play will be based on everyone's schedule but I hope to be available at least twice a month and up to every weekend.
  5. Jedi_TaganCalera Jedi Master

star 1
    Oh yeah, one other thing. Since you don't know the game system I'll summarize the basics for you here.

It works alot like Vampire: The Masquerade, just replace the D10s with D6s, total the rolls instead of individual successes and have the Force in place of the Vampiric Powers and you'll have a decent start on the basic mechanics of the game. White Wolf Players transition very easily into Star Wars D6 (not the TSR version) as White Wolf highly inspired its system off the D6.
  6. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome to the area Jedi TaganCalera. Hope to meet you at one of our meets.
    Marie
  7. Jedi_TaganCalera Jedi Master

star 1
    Thank you. I look forward to it. When is the next planned get together?
  8. Lo-Tek Jedi Padawan

Sounds cool. I'm sure myself and my wife could play every now and then. Have experience w/ D&D and Vampire. When are you all going to start?
    Lo-Tek
  9. Jedi_TaganCalera Jedi Master

star 1
    We have already begun and played 3 days worth of gaming back to back. We allhappened to have some free time. At present the group is myself, my wife and our new local friend Justin. Both are GREAT roleplayers.

Our plot is very thick and intensive. We won't be playing this weekend (except possibly Sunday for a short game). If you want to get together and get to know each other feel free to shoot us an e-mail at jedimobleys@comcast.net and maybe we'll be able to meet on Saturday or something.
  10. Lo-Tek Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the invite. I know I'll have more time to play when school ends May 28th. I'm wrapped up with grading exams for the next few weeks. Let me know when the next game will be. Here is my E-mail. lotek@tampabay.rr.com
    Take Care,
    Lo-Tek
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.