main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO We have been invited...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Mordus, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Mordus

Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I received an email today that really blew my mind. I was very honored that someone would contact me to be part of this event, usually it is us requesting to be part of an event. Anyway, here is the email I got:

The Springfield Symphony will be presenting "The Best of John Williams" at our Saturday, May 12th, concert. The entire second half of the concert is devoted to the Star Wars film series in which each film will be represented.

I am writing to see if you know anyone who would be interested in participating in this event. We would love to have costuming and perhaps even a light saber duel on stage during the performance. We are a non-profit organization with limited budget so all I can offer in return is a free ticket to anyone who participates, mention in: press releases, Borders Coffee and Classics program, concert program, newspaper ads, and a promise to try to get our media partners to mention your participation.

Please let me know if you are interested or know of anyone who would like to do this.

Thanks.

Becky Wood
    Marketing
    Springfield Symphony Orchestra

I am definitely in. Anyone else?

2. merrick_stoller

merrick_stoller Jedi Master star 2

May 30, 2006
    i'll be there

3. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    UPDATE>>>>>>

I just received a reply to my response to the invite. It appears that we have somewhat of a quickly needed response. If anyone interested could contact me ASAP with your availability, that would be greatly appreciated. Here is the response that I got:

This is fantastic news! I've been working with the News-Leader and they are looking at doing a story but I need to get on it soon. We are also getting ready to shoot our PSA's with KSFX. Please let me know as soon as you can who will be participating, how to address the name of your group (Springfield Missouri Fanforce Rebel Legion?), etc. for the press release.
    >
    > We are extremely excited and are looking forward to working with you. We are also anticipating a possible sell-out on this concert with all of the buzz we've heard so far.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Becky

And my response:

I will get you the information as soon as I can. I do have some questions, as I know they will be asked. Will our families be able to attend? How much are tickets? What is the minimum age restriction, if any? Will there be any rehearsals? What time do you need us there? What is the location? Will we have a place to change and secure our gear? What type of parking will be available?

Since there are going to be those representing all three organizations, I would say for the publications you can just refer to us as "Members of the Springfield, MO Fanforce, Rebel Legion and 501st Legion". We are sure to have others from out of town to participate. I do know that there are approximately 20 of us locally that should be able to attend. I will get you an exact number ASAP.

I was wondering, there is a video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O61Do03ZCjw , that has Lego Darth Vader conducting a Lego Clone orchestra doing the Imperial March. Is there room for a little creativity by letting our Vader "conduct" the rendition of the Imperial March? The actual Conductor would be there in front of him while Chris (our Vader) just ad libs the conducting just for that song. Just a thought, I saw the video and was curious.

If you have anything else you need, just let me know. Also you may contact me on my cell at 350-0548.

Thank you,
    Norm

4. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    Here are some answers to some questions:

There is no minimum age for our concerts. The concert will be at Juanita K. Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts at 7:30 on Saturday, May 12th. Free parking is available in the parking garage and we can arrange dressing rooms. I have forwarded your email to our Music Director/Conductor Ron Spigelman who will be contacting you with more particulars. There will be a dress rehearsal on Friday, May 11 at from 7:30 - 11:00 p.m. Ron will let you know when you would need to be there for rehearsal.

As far as tickets goes, we can provide each participant a ticket plus one for a family member. I can set aside a block for everyone to sit together or we can give vouchers and when you turn them in you will get best available. For participants it would be easier for us if you sit in the petite balcony during the first half of the performance (out of costume) if you desire to sit in the auditorium because then I don't have empty seats in the main part of the auditorium and the mezzanine. However, if you want to just hang out back stage in the green room or the dressing rooms during the first half, that's fine, too. Like I said, we can work that part out. I can give other people in your party advance student tickets for $5 (school ages through college with student i.d.) and adults what is the equivalent of our group discount rate price(20% off regular prices), which depending on seat location, the discounted ticket would range from $16.80 to $25.80 (but the tickets would have to be ordered through this office and not the Hall.)

I am working with KSFX on a commercial which will shoot 4/26. Would anyone be available sometime that day to do a duel with Ron (conductor) for the commercial footage? I'm still working out the particulars on that one and will let you know more details as I get them.

Ron should be calling you (or email) in the next day or so.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Once again, many thanks!!!

Becky

I will be there on 4/26.

5. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    Ron Spigelman, conductor, will be getting in touch with me this afternoon. I should have more info after that.

6. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    UPDATE>>>>>>

Thursday April 26th at 1:00pm KOLR 10 for the Commercial shoot. For those that don't know where it is it is on Division by the Private Airfield. We can meet somewhere ahead of time to Carpool or just follow the leader.

7. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    Just two days left until show time. Josh and I have been practicing our saber duel and trying to get it down to were 1. we are not killing each other and 2. so we can go fast enough so it looks really cool.

We can use more Stormtroopers though. If there is anyone out there reading these boards that has Trooper Armor and want to attend, please let me know ASAP.

8. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    Well, we made it through rehearsal just fine. We need to fine tune some things before tomorrow, but all in all I think we will do great. I still have two tickets left. Is there anyone that has not gotten them, other than those that have not arrived from out of town yet?

9. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    I know that we have had events in the past and all have gone well, but this one was very special for me. I guess it is because this was the first major event that I was responsible for coordinating. I know I expressed my thanks to everyone last night, but I wanted to do so again.

My thanks go to:
    Josh Gann
    Brandon Lauthern
    Matt Bakeberg
    Bobby Heitz
    Andy McCormick
    Bradley Robertson
    Sarah German
    Steve Schaeperkoetter
    Chris Plake
    Amanda Roark
    Alex Tortessi
    Karen Keen
    Katy Conner
    Keith Davis
    Charley Norton
    Brandon Wilson "Clip"
    and last but certainly not least Tim Orr for the use of his Armor.

Without your help, it would have been a whole different show. LOL

10. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    I would also like to thank,

Jeff Woodward
    Todd Evans for use of his Jedi Costume.

11. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I had a great time. Pass along my thanks to Andy for helping me get a replacement BDU.

12. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Hey, Norm! I had SUCH a blast! Now I just need to get a second costume to round out my wardrobe...

btw, for future reference, my last name is spelled "Connor."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.