main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST We Have Kept You in Suspense Long Enough

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    As many of you know we have been in the middle of a discussion about where and how you can post rumors you find from around the internet. After a lengthy debate we've decided that we are going to allow you to post rumors and you can use the rumor tag at the top of the page.

1.) If a rumor gets debunked we will lock said thread.
    2.) If there are multiple threads we will merge them into one mega thread for the same rumor, just to cut back on redundancy.
    3.) If the rumor turns out to be a Spoiler a moderator will change the thread tag and update the Official Info thread at the top of the page.

Either today or sometime this weekend I will go through and make sure every thread has a tag so it is easier for you to search out what you are looking for. If you have questions or concerns as always you are more then welcome to ask here in this thread or pm one of us, we will more then happily assist you. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we discussed and came to a decision on this issue.

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Great stuff, but gotta ask - any chance of getting some new contest soon? :D

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It is coming. Sooner than you may suspect...

4. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Not much new lately. I guess I'll check in once a month or so to see if there's anything new.

5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    You owe me a new keyboard, jasman. I saw your name on my screen and damn near spat out my drink as I thought it was 1999 all over again. How the hell have you been?

PrincessKenobi and DarthBoba like this.
  6. JediMasterAlpha

JediMasterAlpha Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 1999
    Two names I recognize in 45 minutes. Strange day indeed.

7. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    We are in the works of getting another contest going in the near future.

8. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Enough'n is enough'n, muff'n!

Actually it's "Enoungh" pron. "Enown", which is Old High German for - ironically - "enough".

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  10. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    some old members popping up. I just missed signing up in the 90's. I saw theforce.net advertised on my local new and that's when I started coming on the site. :)

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You should tag every single thread just to **** with the newbies.

12. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    Maybe this goes against the grain but wouldn't it be better that instead of creating just one thread for a specific subject why not let people post threads as and when they hear anything. I know it sounds like the forum would look messy but on the other hand the forum would be constantly changing and look really busy. I do know it's a busy enough forum but with everything categorised into specific threads it does give the impression of a forum with few users and from a personal point of view it looks to me like nothing really changes from day to day. One thread with 40, 50 or 60 pages is a bit hard to keep up with. I used to be a moderator on a football forum with an average of over 900 users at any given time and we did try the specific thread route but the result was that we lost a good number of users and received numerous complaints over the new look. People tend to find it more fun when they log on and see the front page of the forum has changed completely since their last visit with loads of new threads, some interesting and some not so.

Just my thoughts.

JStepp likes this.
  13. JediMasterAlpha

JediMasterAlpha Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 1999
    And thus the age old reduncancy battle begins anew. Where's Darth Eric when you need him?

Ben Kenobi likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I miss 3SA.

SlytherinHouse likes this.
  15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Please keep this thread on topic, guys.

Please re-read PrincessKenobi 's opening post of this thread; I think what you're proposing is what it says is allowed now. Individual threads about specific rumors are now allowed to be posted. However, if two threads about the same rumor are created, they will probably be merged (or the newer one locked if found soon after creation). There is no sense in having people have to post in two separate threads with their thoughts on the exact same topic (in this case, the same rumor).

16. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Yes exactly what eht13 said. Before we separated into non spoilers and spoilers allowed we kept spoiler conversation to specific places to protect the NSA crowd. Now that they have their own forum we can freely discuss spoilers.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

Rainbow Knight Star and EHT like this.
  17. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    Good to see some old folks are still around. It does kind of feel like 1998 all over again, doesn't it? :eek:

Remember the little red sucky emoticon. I miss that guy. :)

18. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Is supsense a pseudonym for clever drinking?

19. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    That or someone not paying attention and type fast. [face_whistling]

20. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    Not much new lately. I guess I'll check in once a month or so to see if there's anything new.

21. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i wouldn't know. in 1998, i was 9 years old and depending on what part of the year i was either finishing the third grade or starting the fourth grade. Star Wars wasn't really on my radar until i saw the first trailer for the phantom menace.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  22. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012

Like eht and PK have already mentioned, this is pretty much the new system. The threads with 40+ pages are usually general speculation threads and not threads pertaining to a specific rumor, like "Who will the villain be?" or "What should the plot be?" However, I will add that the reason it looks like nothing really changes from day to day has less to do with thread creation policy and more to do with the fact that nothing really does change from day to day. I expect that the forum will become a lot busier and we'll see an increase in threads once filming begins next year.

kegs202 likes this.
  23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The amount of thread redundancy has decreased thankfully.

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  24. malaksilver

malaksilver Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2013
  25. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    so - they're definitely shooting in 35mm ? very pleased about that .

wonder what Lucas thinks of that , after all the years he's campaigned for digital .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.