main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We have seen the end of the Clone Wars, and will soon see the end of Kenobi, Anakin, Yoda: Memorial

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CaptainRex115, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    This is true. With the death of the clone wars, we will now see the death of obiwan, anakin, and yoda. Most likley we will never see them on the big screen again.

Lets remember these great characters here. You will be missed. IMO its not really star wars without anakin or obiwan....

[​IMG]

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm fine with that. Time to bring back Han, Luke and Leia.

3. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I may be a child of the 70s, but I preferred the PT and especially TCW era. Sad to see it go.

I guess that's a part of getting older. In 2021 when all the kids are taking about Han and Leia's great, grands kids I'll be like "TCW was the mad note: you had awesome characters like Kenobi, Anakin, Ahsoka, Asajj, Rex, etc... Not his crap.."

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    They'll probably look at grandpa sideways for using outdated lexicon like "mad note". Then you will have to go hide in a cave from robot terminators or something and hope the latest episode of "Star Wars" The Vong Wars" will be beamed into your brain to take you mind off for the post-apocalyptic hell that humanity is sure to be mired in by that time.

5. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I'm still waiting on Savage's memorial thread.

6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I accepted that I would likely never see any of these again back in 2005...

I'm sure there will continue to be stories written about them in the EU for the niche of fans that love the time period and want to linger there even as the films shift into the post-ROTJ era. I'm not heart broken that they may never be on the screen again (though there's always the chance that the standalone films could re-tread this time frame once more somewhere down the line).

TreborSabreon likes this.
  7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I suspect stories will be fanfic, not profic in future.

Kenobi, Skywalker, Yoda - they will live forever in memory. Once Luke reigned supreme; toppled by the dearly to-be-departed beloved Kenobi, he who will forever be "the Jedi" of Star Wars to me.

8. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    I couldn't agree with this more. Kenobi IS Star Wars for me... He's the greatest hero of the films, and as you said "The Jedi".... I'm not sure how I will react to the series without him

Sitara and Order66Survivor like this.
  9. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I put odds on a Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan spin-off movie. Man is a name actor playing a character with a lot of brand recognition. Seeing Anakin again probably as a ghost in the ST or the new TV series. Same for Yoda.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  11. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    And in this soon-to-be-released gem...
    [​IMG]

K'Kruhk and TreborSabreon like this.
  12. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Ewan-Obi-Wan movies makes no sense.

13. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    And me *pats Val in the back*. Let's go hit the Cantina, i know just the place:

[​IMG]

Order66Survivor likes this.
  14. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Oh great, this is the freaking Obi-Wan hub now.

15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    This! As much as I love the TCW, it really is time to move out of the Prequel era and onto the Sequels, where we are going to get new films, new television shows, new characters, new adventures.

TaradosGon and Heero_Yuy like this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I wouldn't mind lead up to the Clone Wars but we've had Clone Wars stuff since 02. Give it a rest already. I've hit CW fatigue.

17. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Nah its a book, see we will never see Obi-Wan again. He's gone forever, prove me wrong.

18. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    We'll never see Obi-Wan again? Isn't Disney going to resurrect him in the ST? :p

Wait for me!

19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, those who suffer from inexplicable Kenobi-overdose can go cheer in other threads - this is our cry-in-our-cups and celebrate the soon to be dearly departed. :_|

Kenobi-hub, huh? I like.

20. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Being completely honest, I really dont care about those 3 much. Especially in their current....ehem....status...I think we'd be better off without them. on top of what carrie has said about the series, she doesnt deserve to be the star anymore. Harrison ford has said some pretty cruel things as well. Ewan and other actors/actresses should be given the spotlight, at least they didnt bash their own series. dumb ass cokehead.

21. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Frankly, the PT era has gone on for far too long. I say they return Star Wars to its proper roots. Despite Lucas' impotent retcons and revisions, Star Wars will always be the Adventures of Luke Skywalker at its heart.

22. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

Yay, and hoverchairs.

23. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

Jokes aside I agree. I feel like we already know what happens to the Big 3. It just happened. And is still happening with Crucible. I'm bored with them sort of I will read Cricible but my Leia is a muscular rock hard hottie with her sexy sweet voice, and my Luke is lean and fierce. Han is lean and grizzled.

In RL only Han meets up with the image, the other two chunks don't. Not trying to be mean but Jedi masters, well we've seen tons of them, they are not chunks. Qui gon was 70ish. Same with Mace. Ki Adi was nearly 500. Palpatine went equal with Mace at 80. Yeah special effects but you could believe that with him being slender.

24. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    What the heck is it with you and people who speak their minds anyway?! "Carrie hath dared to bash her own series! Burn the witch! BURN THE WITCH!"

You need to get over your damned self right now. Despite what some of the more extreme fans will tell you, Star Wars is NOT a religion and the people who take issue with what is done in it are NOT targets for your personal jihad. What are you going to do, decapitate Carrie for blasphemy? What are you going to do against all of us PT-bashers you hate so much, shoot us for our "crimes?" In your estimation, it seems, only those who act with fawning respect for GL and every last thing he has done, right down to Howard the Duck, deserve a job; all others are to be put to the sword.

Yeah, your horse looks a little high up there, you may want to climb down before you get scared of heights. [face_talk_hand]

That "dumb-ass cokehead" you so casually dismiss has done more in her life than you could ever HOPE to do in yours (talk to me when YOU'VE gotten to party with Mick Jagger and the cast of Monty Python all in one evening and gone to work on a Star Wars film the next day; that's living). Those actors whom you think so little of and mock for their natural aging could act CIRCLES around the "actors" you claim are so much better than they. Mark Hamill at least delivered believable emotions when he acted; Hayden Christensen "acted" (if the word even applies) like he couldn't even be trusted to deliver pizzas. Carrie Fisher was an actress delivering hard-to-believe dialogue believably, with believable inflection and tone; Natalie Portman was a monotone robot following very crude execution programs: go to couch, sit down on couch, say line, get up from couch, walk to window, turn around, zzzz. And Harrison? Whatever he's said that you think is so "cruel," (and God forbid an actor doesn't want to be defined entirely by one film he did in a career spanning decades) the fact remains: we didn't even get a character as interesting as his in the entire PT; instead we got "you-sa know who-sa." Heck, even Ewan McGregor has repeatedly put himself on record describing what a chore it was to be in those prequel films; what sentence would you like to pass on one of your own precious prequel cast, since you're so against criticism? By your logic, we should just edit him out of the PT and digitally replace him with someone with less of a spine.

Seems to me that the people Star Wars would be better off without are the people you're acting very much like: the sheep-like acolytes who salivate for anything the system gives them like pets begging for scraps. And need I remind you that the reason we're here now, with LFL even being vulnerable to a Disney takeover, is because that's all GL gave us for far too long: scraps, when he should have been preparing us gourmet meals. Lucas is ultimately the first and only man responsible for any and all negative reaction to the prequels and anything to do with them; he made each and every creative decision and therefore it is his mess, not those who called him out on his errors. He himself earned, and deserved, all the backlash he got, because he did the one thing that you should never do; he continually alienated his fans and did nothing to repair the damage, all the while expecting them to just eat the scraps and shut up. That's roughly equivalent to believing that no matter how often you kick your dog, he won't bite. When we finally began to speak up, we were and are exercising something called a right (something that has apparently no meaning for you); we're filmgoers, we paid for those tickets, and we have every right in the world to either say "we spent our money well" or "we wasted our money." And people certainly have the right to question the quality of something as simple as a science-fantasy film, Rex, without you giving us the stink-eye.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Quoting this just so I can =D==D==D= and talk about how much I like it instead of just clicking the "like" button.

And I personally enjoyed the prequels but for ****'s sake...

Enough ***damn opinion police already. There is no Overlord of the Fandom, we have what's called a First Amendment in the US, and other countries with posters here have similar freedoms. People have the right to say whatever the hell they want about Star Wars.

If someone saying something negative about Star Wars somehow inhibits another person's enjoyment of Star Wars, that's not the problem of the person making the negative comment. That is the second person's problem for allowing his or her viewpoints and tastes to be influenced that much. "I can't like Star Wars if everyone isn't on the bandwagon with me!" Please. Not everyone has the same tastes. Deal with it already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.