main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST We Have To Get At Least One Scene Of The Big 3 Together Again Battling It Out...Right??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by robbman21, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robbman21

robbman21 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    Sorry if this is being discussed elsewhere, please do what must be done with this thread if it is. With that said, with the rumors we are getting - if proven accurate - it seems less and less likeky that we will get the Big 3 reunited on-screen at the same time in one big Death Star escape-esque scene, fighting it out with whomever. If the Darth Luke rumors are true then we MAY see this scene but with a more-machine-than-man Skywalker. Surely I wouldn't be the only one incredibly disappointed if we don't get a scene with all three together and able-bodied and fighting for the same side on screen for the first time in 32 years. Of all the fan service things that JJ and staff could do, to me this one would be the best and most satisfying. Interested in getting others thoughts on this.

Mav Edit: This could go in the thread titled Big 3. I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

2. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I hope so. It sounds better than Ridley's and Boyega' s characters hogging all the screen time looking for Luke.:rolleyes:

3. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Fan service, heh... focusing on the aged cast, heh... a Jedi craves not these things. Learned nothing from Indy 4, did you? Hmm?

4. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    Learned nothing from Clint Eastwood you have not. Aged actors can still make good movies.:p

5. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    When Clint Eastwood plays Harrison Ford in a sequel film based on a story idea by George Lucas, look so good he will not!

STARBOB likes this.
  6. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    I'd still prefer to see Han solo and Luke Skywalker have more screen time in episode 7 than a junk dealer living out of an AT-AT. Then in episode 8 the younglings should take over
    with the most screen time.

7. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I'd hope for the original cast to have minor parts/cameos, but no major action scenes. I'm interested in seeing what Han Solo is like as an even more crotchety old man, but 2-3 minutes of that should be plenty.

8. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    Episode VII needs to give the new cast enough screen time to firmly establish them with the audience. That way, VII will be in a much better position to elevate VIII, like IV did for V.

That said, I would love for the original cast to occupy good supporting roles throughout the ST, periodically fighting alongside our new heroes and passing on the torch through character development moments.

9. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd be fine with just one scene with all of them together...either fighting alongside each other or simply planning the next mission for our new heroes together.

Force Smuggler and Ridley Solo like this.
  10. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Well....
    [​IMG]

11. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    Ugh. Yes, there was much more wrong with Indy 4 than focusing on the aged cast. Thankfully, John Boyega is not in the same place Shia was then.

Back on topic: I hold that putting focus on the older cast will hamper, not help, the ST. They can aid the story and help develop the new characters and say some goodbyes, but they've had their adventures. It's time for the next generation.

12. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    I maybe in the minority here, but when I heard about episode 7, I was looking forward to seeing Luke and Han in action 1 more time. I wanted to see them as the main characters for 7
    even if they are older. If the spoilers are true I never imaged that Episode 7 was going to feature a junk dealer and a stormtrooper on a quest as the main story.

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    No need to worry, we'll see them all together...thats why they sacked Michael Arndt :D

Primetime_Jedi and danmcken like this.
  14. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

Nearly as bad as a shop assistant or a farm hand, eh? :rolleyes:

15. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    We'll see the big 3 together again when Han and Leia are forced to fight Darth Luke. Then we'll see Darth Luke kill both his friend and then his sister. Chewie will then be forced to flee with a wounder DR in his arms. Driver will then kneel before Luke and receive is Darth title. End episode VII.[face_devil][face_devil][face_devil]

16. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    But instead, Darth Luke recruits Darth Solo and Darth Leia. Then they create the League of Darkness.

yogacat and Rabs like this.
  17. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012

[​IMG]

18. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Most likely towards the end of the film.

19. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    It'd be a mistake to not at least get a last hurrah!

20. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    For the sake of the ST as its own entity it needs to have a focus on the same main characters (with occasional arrivals and departings) throughout. They could make the film with the OT characters as the leads but they would have to be the leads throughout. Since that's not going to happen we need to focus on the new guys stat. If Daisy and John are going to be the leads of VIII and IX then they need to be the leads of VII as well. Otherwise it will feel like ROTJ Part II and then a separate duology. The OT guys can show up, they can even appear as important secondary characters, but they should not take over the entire film. Fortunately, I think the Arndt stories are a bit exaggerated. The production seems to be focusing pretty tightly on John and Daisy, which is exactly what it should be doing. While I do believe J.J. increased the screen time of the OT characters I don't think he diverted the direction of the film for their sake.

21. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    All 6 Movies:
    C3PO
    R2D2
    Anakin/Vader
    Obi-wan

5 Movies:
    Yoda
    Palpatine/Sidious

4 Movies:
    Luke
    Leia
    Chewbacca

3 Movies:
    Han Solo
    Uncle Owen
    Aunt Beru

2 Movies:
    Mon Mothma
    Tarkin
    Lando

22. ArchStanton1862

Oct 18, 2014
    But most of those aren't the leads. The OT had Luke, Han, and Leia, with maybe a Lando thrown in there for ROTJ. The PT had Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Anakin, with occasional bouts of Amidala.

23. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    You are expressing a concern that just isn't there. There is no doubt the new cast members are the new leads.

24. ArchStanton1862

Oct 18, 2014
    Of course they are. The concern is that too much time will be taken away from them to give a fanpleasing reuniting of the old crew which leaves Ridley's and Boyega's story less developed and powerful than it could have been. Kinda like the way TPM has the lead role constantly shifting between the two Jedi and Anakin and occasionally Padme. The rumors are that the reason they switched writers was due to J.J.'s desire to show more of the old cast before passing it off onto the new one. The danger behind this approach has certainly been discussed before. I was just stating my view of it, which is that the rumors of his shifted focus are exaggerated.

25. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    I'm not thrilled about an unkown junk dealer living in a AT-AT, as the main character of episode 7. maybe you are:rolleyes: , But I was looking forward to seeing Luke Skywalker
    in action as a older jedi to be the main story in episode 7. To each his own, I was hoping to see an older Luke in the jedi temple, not a junkdealer in a broken down AT-AT.

JediFan215 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.