main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST We Have To Get At Least One Scene Of The Big 3 Together Again Battling It Out...Right??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by robbman21, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    You forgot Fett and Jabba. Fett is in four films. AotC, ANH, ESB, RotJ. And Jabba is in three films. TPM, ANH, RotJ.

2. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Yes, I learned that I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Indiana Jones back in action.

Hopefully VII will give me the same thrill.

Looking forward to seeing plenty of these awesome people come this time next year:

[​IMG]

3. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    If I was making Episode 7, my SW film would've revolved around Luke/Han/Leia having 1 last adventure before passing the torch down to the new generation for 8 & 9, while there characters take the backseat

The Star Wars Saga 1-6 was the rise & fall & redemption of Anakin Skywalker, episodes 4 through 9 should be considered the story of Luke Skywalker, in my opinion.

The main saga should be The Skywalker Saga. I still believe the spotlight should be on Luke. He has a lot of things left to accomplish and if he's relegated to the background, I will be severely disappointed.

Yes, I understand that the search for Luke is the "plot driver", but I hope and pray the pay-off is epic. And I don't want to see a Cyborg Luke. I just see it as an absolute waste.

4. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    ^ This. They already fired one screenwriter because he didn't have enough of the Big 3 in the movie. We'll certainly see them together at least once. I'd bet for one extended sequence in the middle, then they'll get split up again. And then they'll have a final scene with them together staring off at .....something in the distance.

Django Fett likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The bolded!

Anyway we need to see the OT Big 3 together at least one more time. We saw Anakin/Vader and Obi-Wan interact in 4, we saw Obi-Wan and Yoda interact in 5 and we saw all three of them together at the end of ROTJ. The PT generation had their own roles to play in the OT movies. If Luke and company were in each for movie for like how long Dooku was in ROTS, that would be a major disappointment.

6. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Anybody thinking the Big 3 have short cameos in VII haven't been keeping up with what Carrie Fisher has been saying for over a year, or don't know much at all about basic shooting schedules.

People who have small camoes aren't on film shoots for half a year. And it's very unlikely that a major corporation would spend cash on trainers and nutritionists, obligating them to lose lots of weight, for a minute or two of screen time. Those actively hoping that the original Star Wars stars, for whatever bizarre reason, will barely be featured in VII are going to be sorely disappointed.

Nobody is expecting them to be the main leads again, but I think even some of the most diehard fans are going to be surprised at how relevant Luke, Leia and Han are to this new film.

7. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    I want the original cast to pass on the lightsaber/blaster to the next generation throughout the ST, not just VII, with the new cast largely occupying lead roles. I want them to come into their own by IX before demonstrating their full maturity in X-XII a few years later (3-5 or more).

Just like our parents are often sill present as we enter into adulthood, so too do I wish to see Luke, Leia and the other surviving members, Force ghosts or not, continue to be there in cameo or supporting roles. However, rather than continue to hold their hands, the old cast now treats them as fully mature adults on equal footing.

The transformation is complete. :)

coxie0520, Rabs and jaqen like this.
  8. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Exactly.

Just as, when watching the saga in chronological order, Obi Wan, Yoda, Anakin and Palpatine (amongst others) all go on to have significant supporting roles in the OT, with the younger leads in the pole position.

That's the way of Star Wars. Which is why it blows my mind that there are fans, right here on this board, who seriously think the OT 3 should barely be involved at all and dropped ASAP. Makes about as much narrative sense as Episode IV-VI featuring almost none of the elder prequel cast.

9. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    People that don't like the OT characters.

10. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Should be shunned and ridiculed.

TKT and yogacat like this.
  11. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    To use a different example what if the characters got the same screen time as Vader? Or Obi-Wan and Yoda? I think those are more likely to be the comparisons people make. When it comes right down to it, Dooku wasn't that important a character. Rather to my disappointment but there you go. The leads who continued into the OT got significantly more screen time than that.

12. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    PIETT
    Ageists. We don't need that scum. :p

FIRST CONTROLLER
    Yes, sir. :D

coxie0520, jaqen, D'an and 1 other person like this.
  13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

No one knows her background so maybe you should wait a while before getting all depressed about it? I probably have more affinity with Luke than most here due to my age and quite frankly I trust JJ et al to do this thing right (even if it means that VII is that last we see of Luke Skywalker).

jaqen likes this.
  14. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Nope.

Most of the people who are saying they don't want to see the Big 3 are ageists who whine about the fact that their heroes are no longer young (or mask it behind "concern" for the unknown next generation).

If this film was being released just 10 years after ROTJ, with Luke and Leia still in their 30s and Han in his 40s, I almost guarantee you many of the anti-OT3ers would have their mouths shut.

15. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I am only reacting to rumors, which I hope to god are wrong. If we only see Luke at the end as a cyborg, I will:_|

16. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

How are you reacting to the latest rumours?

17. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    It never ceases to amaze me how seriously people around here take any and all rumors. Downright bizarre behavior, getting upset about unsubstantiated rumors surrounding a film we literally know next to nothing about.

18. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    What else is there to do. JJ gives us nothing to talk about.:(

19. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Personally, I love that. I'm not spoiling myself for VII.

But just because JJ prizes secrecy (as well he should) doesn't explain why so many fans take rumors so damn seriously. Speculation is one thing, but the meltdowns over every laughable rumor, coming from totally unproven sources, is absurd. Even more, supposing a couple of the rumors are true, none of us have any idea of how they'll play out onscreen. It's like some fans just love to be drama queens.

20. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    I think seeing Luke as the main hero in episode 7 is a pretty sure bet not to happen and I don't have to wait to see the movie before stating my disappointment about it.IF that's being a drama queen then I guess I'm guilty:p

21. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Why did you ever expect to see Luke as the main hero in episode VII?

22. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    I was hoping to see Luke as the main lead operating out of the Jedi temple supported by the younger cast members as students or allies against whatever threat had arisen.
    then the younger cast could be the main focus in episode 8. I knew that probably wasn't going to happen. But I will still be there 12/18/15 no matter what.

23. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Funny things, opinions are.

jaqen likes this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Partially I suppose. People that prefer the PT characters.

25. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    I really believe Luke and Leia will be in VII-IX. Han... I'm calling that his death is the catalyst that sets Daisy's character on her journey. So he either dies in the first 20 minutes or around 90 mins in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.