main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Seriously, since the government knew that Superman's ship was at the Kent house and Clark has the same age/height/appearance, if they still couldn't figure out the truth, then they are really really really dumb.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Not as dumb as some things I can think of.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hello, two people speaking in this thread.

I am not going to lock the thread to prevent you two from carrying on your neverending debate - it has been your choice to ignore people's requests to stop hijacking the thread, and you were not technically breaking any rules.

However - if I keep seeing the same things rehashed over and over again, as I am now - some lines verbatim in consecutive posts, I am going to treat you both as spammers.

Your choice as to your next move.

The2ndQuest and harpua like this.
  5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Yes, because protecting your child is dumb.

Since when?

So's the idea that a pair of glasses can fool people, yet here we are nearly 80 years later.

What's in the house? The ship was never in the house. It was in the barn and the ship is gone. There's nothing in there to check for.

Superman's lies work all the time. Nobody suspects him of being Superman except for Pete Ross and Lana Lang and they won't turn him into the military. He's used multiple aliases and barely paid attention to him. Now he's using his adopted name and a pair of glasses. Perry White doesn't even know and he saw Superman and Clark.

That's not what a background check is. A background check looks for your medical records, your birth certificate, a list of employment, school records and a criminal record. It does not tell you who you met in 2001, when working for a few weeks at a job. Especially if you don't use your real name and don't get your picture taken.

Hiding it in the middle of Kansas, at a farmer's house that no one knows that he's friends with is just a valid as leaving it in the arctic which Zod found anyway.

Again, how can they check? Clark can get rid of any microscopical particles that might exist with his super breath or infra red vision. It doesn't require destroying the barn.

Yet, Superman's lies work all the time, in all media. We see them working in DOJ, when Superman dies, he has a big headline in the Daily Planet. Then there's a smaller obituary for Clark Kent that's not front page news and there is no declaration that Superman is Clark Kent. Only that Clark Kent was believed to have been killed covering the Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman fight against Doomsday.

No, the Kent family hid a spaceship for a friend by personal request. That friend being Kal-El. There has to be a suspicion that Clark Kent is Superman, when there is none. Especially since Clark Kent wears a pair of glasses which distorts his features to make him look different from Superman. There's probably twenty other guys his age and build in Smallville.

I know it is hard to believe, but that's how it is. You can either accept it or not. I've said my peace.

6. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I hope the tapatalk ignore/block function works as advertised. I've had enough of those two to last me a thousand lifetimes.

Edit: ****, it doesn't.

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Thank you sinister for volunteering for a ban. Your turn, poke.

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I didn't volunteer for a ban. I opted out.

11. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Sinister. you know better, stop now please for your own sanity, you're better than this.

Slowpoke, please stay in here and talk to your own echo chamber, please don't pull anyone else into your own personal madness.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I am happy to see the steps taken to end the endless back-and-forth. Much appreciated, sin. If, at some point, there is a desire to start up a debate regarding Man of Steel, or the upcoming announced sequel, here's the thread for it.

I have updated the title to hopefully give this thread some new direction - forward. Or, mostly forward, I hope.

[​IMG]

13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
  14. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

It found its way into my thread.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    You know, it makes nothing but sense from a cultural and historical background, and I never once thought about it. And to be honest, I don't care either. I just hope it's not something that will be shamelessly exploited now or otherwise retconned if certain individuals or sectors can't deal with.

17. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    You said it better than I possibly could, make it a part of their world certainly, but don't just insert this in there because it's topical. What I don't want is the obnoxious girl power crap hoisted onto her shoulders. Wonder Woman never had that, nor does she need it. She just is and I hope that is what the filmmakers recognize this and just let her be WW.

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Wonder Woman already is a symbol of girl power. Gloria Steinem wrote an essay on how Wonder Woman impacted her and even put Wonder Woman on the 1st cover her magazine, "Ms."

[​IMG]

I think the filmmakers and actress, Gal Gadot, understand that Wonder Woman is a symbol of girl power and the feminist movement. I mean the last part of the ComicCon trailer about the role Etta Candy as Steve Trevor's secretary highlights Wonder Woman's view of that description.

As for being bisexual... yeah, I seen that movie. The production value and acting was very poor, definitely not meant to be viewed for anyone under the age of 17.

Anyway, it makes sense for the comic book to reveal that part of the Amazonian culture and it was from Greg Rucka, who did a wonderful job with Batwoman. I don't see the film making any reference to this aspect of the Amazons.

19. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, Mera looks great. I'm just petrified since we see her in Atlantean garb, and Arthur's clearly not there any longer per the JL teaser, that they're going to fridge her... :(

22. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

They said she's in he Aquaman movie too... so i wouldn't think she'd be killed off in Justice League Part 1...

that said thank you for giving me that new fear. [face_nail_biting]

23. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So if Jared Leto doesn't come back as the Joker, should they recast or just ignore?

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

I think it's very doubtful that Mera would be killed off. I actually expect her to kick some ass like in this animated clip.