main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends We Help The Hopeless - crossover - Angel pops across to rescue Chewie

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sith-I-5, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Title: We Help The Hopeless

First published: Imperium 10, 2001.

Author: Sith-I-5

Timeframe: Star Wars, during Yuuzhan Vong invasion; Angel, Second Season

Genre: Jedi versus vampire fisticuffs, rescue.

Summary: Chewbacca dies when Anakin leaves him behind on Sernpidal. Angel gets a chance to rectify the situation.

Disclaimer: No copyright infringement is intended. SW belongs to George Lucas, Angel belongs to Joss Whedon. West End Games belongs to West End Games. Robert Brown and Craig Stevens are real fans; I've seen their plans for the 'Falcon, and they absolutely rock!

[b]We Help The Hopeless[/b]

[b][color=blue] Part One: Our Side [/color][/b]

Angel looked at it.
    To all intents and purposes, it looked not unlike a large metal detector found at airports and government buildings. The only difference was that this was set up in his basement, and it had a large scarlet ribbon tied around the right-hand frame.

?Happy birthday!? Cordelia and Wesley chorused, more or less enthusiastically.

Looking from the object to his friends and back again, the blank look on his face was clear for all to see and sympathise with.

?What is it??

?It?s a portal into forbidden realms.? Wesley tried to explain. ?You can only use it once I?m afraid, a visit and return journey deal. Think of what you would most like to do before heading in, and it will take you to parallel dimensions, far-off countries, alternate realities and timelines, and if there is a fictional universe from a novel you have read, it will even take you there.?

?Oh, a magic doorway.? Angel nodded his understanding. ?I?ll be needing my axe then, and a localized time-halting spell.? The vampire-with-a-soul moved off to get those items, a determined set to his jaw.

///

It was time for the send-off.
    The British ex-Watcher Wesley Wyndam-Price, and the dark-haired former high school cheerleader watched from the side and noted that Angel had chosen to pack lightly, wearing only his black leather duster (a kind of long coat), long-handled Byzantine axe in his right hand, brown paper bag clutched in his left, and sporting a pair of fashionable sunglasses.

?This won?t take longer than a couple of hours.? Angel announced with a smile.

?Don?t worry,? Cordelia assured him, ?we?ll be back here with large crosses and a blessed water cannon. In case you come back all GRRR-rey.?

?I?m not going-?

?You?re going to see Buffy, right?? she countered brightly.

?No. Can?t go risking my soul again. . . I?m going to save Chewie.?

?Chewie? We?re not talking Chewbacca here, the Wookiee in [i]Star Wars[/i]??

?The same.?

?Okay, but if you find any indications that you are on the planet Alderaan, don?t stop to buy a postcard; just get back here pronto.?

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I love Angel! [face_love] Can't wait to see what you do with this! [face_dancing]

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    ?Don?t worry,? Cordelia assured him, ?we?ll be back here with large crosses and a blessed water cannon. In case you come back all GRRR-rey.?
    LOL! You have Whedonese down quite well.

Very nice start.

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you both for the positive responses! :)

As per Healer_Leona's advice, I'll try to leave 48 hours between chapters.

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Part Two: Intervention

Sitting at the controls of the freighter Millennium Falcon, Anakin Organa-Solo made his decision and moved his hand towards the lever that would send the ship hurtling out of the turbulent atmosphere, leaving the doomed planet far behind.

Chaos to the long-time space-faring tradition that if the vessel?s captain was still on board then the decision to leave would be his, and Chaos to the fact that Chewie would be killed outright when the craft departed planetary interface.

The Wookiee knew the risks when he signed on to the mission, Anakin reasoned with himself. He glossed over his previous failure to take his father?s partner aside beforehand to explain that he shouldn?t make any long-term plans.

Something made the boy pause, and he turned in his chair as a tall, dark-haired man walked into the cockpit, long leather duster swinging, carrying a big frag-off axe in one hand.
    There was clearly a moment of disorientation as he saw the view through the canopy ? ribbons of golden fire and electrical disturbances ? but then the stranger?s demeanour shifted, his eyes cold and purposeful.

Anakin?s hand was still moving towards the sublight lever . . .and the stranger speared it with his gaze, hefting the axe menacingly.

?You see what I?ll do to you if you touch that thing?? Angel asked meaningfully.

?We can?t stay more than a few seconds, the atmosphere will burn us-?

?Raise the shields, idiot.? Angel let the rage rise within him, but kept his human visage. He had imagined this scene countless times since reading R. A. Salvatore?s paperback. Some alien race called the Yuuzhan Vong had invaded the Star Wars galaxy, and were about to crash a moon into a planet called Sernpidal. Chewie, Anakin and the Millennium Falcon were there to evacuate citizens, when Anakin chose to take off and abandon his crewmate. ?Where is Chewie now??

Anakin tore his eyes from Angel?s and and glanced at the visual scanners. ?Um, he?s by the ramp. We?re too high for him to reach.?

?Then land! Do I--?

Abruptly, the cockpit lurched to one side and a fiery energy stream lashed the hull, unbalancing the vampire and slamming him into the right bulkhead.
    Anakin stood, his lightsaber already ignited and swinging in an upward arc to cleave the dark stranger in half!

Angel barely managed to dodge the blow, but with his axe trapped between his own body and the wall, he was unable to bring it into play; managing only to get his left hand round the young Jedi?s wrist, he pulled him and his lightsabre towards the back of the cockpit, and planted a swift boot into Organa-Solo?s midriff, winding the youth.

Anakin expelled all his air with a deep huff, and collapsed to his knees, retching.
    The deactivated lightsabre rolled forgotten over the deckplates, ending up under the navi-computer.

As the youth spluttered behind him, Angel moved closer to the controls and realised he had absolutely no idea how to land the ?Falcon.

Time to activate the temporal spell; it had been especially selected by himself for this very occasion.
    He muttered the required incantations for the spell and watched as instantaneous rings of luminous blue sprang horizontally from the crumpled paper bag, expanded throughout the cockpit and passed unimpeded through the hull.
    A guaranteed one-Kleenex deal to an EMP-gun operator.
    The ship was stock still, and quiet as the grave.

Looking out of the ports, the world was in freeze frame, but even as he made his way from the cockpit, Angel knew it could not last. The physical universe would be railing against the magical constraints forced upon it, struggling to re-assert itself. He had maybe twenty minutes. No. Not him. Chewie.

Climbing from the small hydraulic platform, Angel clambered onto the ship?s topside hull, a clutch of ?Falcon blueprints scrunched in one fist.
    Time was getting short; and he had already lost a couple of vital minutes following the erroneous map from West End Games, but had had

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    =D= Can't wait for more! [face_praying]

7. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    ok i don't usually like crossover stories but this is actually really good. Can't wait for more.

Fireyforce

8. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I lke the idea of Angel having the Falcon's blueprints... the vamp come prepared. Oooh, bad, leaving us dangling over a cliff!! :D :D

9. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Wow! This is terrific!

?Chewie? We?re not talking Chewbacca here, the Wookiee in Star Wars??

Great reaction!

Anakin! Somehow the kid had broken free of the temporal spell ? a Jedi trait perhaps?

Intriguing... =D=

I'll be watching for more!

oldj

10. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    I usually don't like crossovers either (most of the time I don't know the second fandom enough to really get it), but this one is really good so far! :)

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Part Three: Smackdown and Rescue

Anakin landed easily on both feet, bending his knees to absorb the impact.

Angel?s own landing was more of a splat, fortunately landing clear of the loose axe as it sparkled in the firelight.
    But he was up in an instant, face morphed to it?s natural ferocity, undead flesh ridged above the eyebrows and fangs bared.

?Now, that hurt.? He announced, a low but threatening growl bubbling from his throat.
    Anakin Organa-Solo now stood between Angel and Chewbacca, legs apart at shoulder width, lightsabre hilt clutched in his right hand.

Although Angel would have loved to kick the youth all over what appeared to be an abandoned airfield, he really did not have the time. He tried angling around towards Chewie, but the lightsabre wielding youth kept pace, blocking the vampire?s every move.

Angel did not know what made him drop to one knee; the Slayer would have referred to it as his ?spider sense?; but as he did so, he heard a shockingly loud clang of collided metal as a group of scaffolding poles sailed over his head and collapsed a few feet away.

He kept forgetting he was challenging a fully-fledged Jedi Knight, and as descriptive as the books were, nothing compared to facing one down in person.
    He felt it was time to show the boy that the Scourge of Europe was no pushover either.

Angel flowed forwards, too fast for normal human eyes to follow, and managed to get inside Anakin?s guard.
    The lightsabre was still a danger though, and Angel flicked his left leg out to catch the Jedi?s wrist to catapult the laser sword away.

The weapon arced down to the ferrocrete and hit hard, Angel?s sensitive hearing catching the barely discernable sound of delicate innards shattering.
    He would have managed a smile of relief, but by then had the kid by the tunic, face to startled face. He morphed back to his human visage and emphasising each word with a hard finger-nudge into Organa-Solo's bruised face, uttered in his best Michael Caine impression, ?Don?t phwow, bloody spears, at me.? ? and which, since he?d never tried it before, was pretty bad.
    Moot point though, Angel considered, since Anakin was a fictional character, and didn?t have access to a doorway, let alone a copy of the 1964 feature Zulu on DVD?

The jedi must have noticed his distraction, for an invisible Force pushed the vampire back a couple of steps, and he could only watch as one of the poles flew into the youth?s outstretched hand.

Angel dove to the side, tucking his head and rolling in the direction of the abandoned poles to grab one and use it to defend himself.
    He barely managed to get it raised to parry a downward strike to his head, the impact shooting pain up his arm, and countered with a horizontal swing to Organa-Solo?s midriff, which the kid easily backtracked to avoid.

The battle was joined in earnest.
    With wrist jarring speed, the improvised weapons clashed again and again, at knee, waist and head height. Then the kid trying to be flash, somersaulting over Angel?s head to land somewhere behind him, forcing the vampire to arrest his own momentum and backtrack.
    As impressed as he was with the youth?s agility, Angel wanted this over with, and savagely caught the boy?s legs with his pole to deposit the Jedi in the dirt.

Dazed, perspiration staining his jedi vestements, Anakin didn?t know he was beaten and tried to spring back onto his feet, meeting Angel?s fist coming the other way!

Collecting his own axe, and the kid?s lightsabre, then gathering the unconscious Anakin, and the the Wookiee into his arms, Angel looked up at the still floating hulk of the Millennium Falcon starship.
    He pulled twin cable grapples from his belt, fired them up to the ship, and allowed the thin but immensely strong wires to pull them all upwards.

///

Ignoring the increasing number of crimson telltales on the console, Chewbacca put power back into the repulsor lifts, gaining altitude; and shoved forward the sublight lever that had previously been d

12. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Super ending!

I enjoyed this very much. Thanks for sharing it - and thanks to Leona for encouraging you!

:D

oldj

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    My thanks, oldjedinurse. :) Glad you enjoyed it.

This story did the most to exorcise the negative feelings I had over the way Chewie was despatched. Being killed by your own side...:mad:

14. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    very good. it blended really well and i'm glad that someone saved chewie. very good.

Fireyforce

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Loved the fight between Angel and Anakin... nothing like a good Jedi/Vampire battle. Also loved the little detail of leaving his card behind.

The End?? No, what would the conversation be once Angel got back? Would there suddenly be a change in the book where Chewie died? I just bet you could come with ssomething for that Sith-I-5.

You are most welcome. I would really enjoy seeing more of what you could share with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.