main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We Interview Kevin Rubio - ( Answers Revealed !)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    A discarded idea that wasn't discarded until after filming had already commenced, if not until after filming had concluded. The point is you can still see relics of that initial characterization in the film, regardless of what was eventually decided upon in mid-production/post-production. They didn't change the script, just the way the lines were read (excluding any improv Daniels brought to the plate during his dialogue recording session, of course). Some of the Tatooine exterior scenes were amonng the earliest material shot, so it can be seen there the most. Just picture 3PO's dialogue in those scenes (especially the Jawa droid line-up) being read by Bernie Mac's character from Transformers.

But, let's not drag this off-topic. If you'd like to continue this in a thread over in the Classic Trilogy forum, point me towards it in PM :)

2. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    It was the tone, but thanks for responding, Mr. Rubio!

"36.Were you a fan of the prequels?

Not really.

37.What did you think of Jar Jar the first time you saw him on screen?

Can't say. It's a family site. [GARTH'S NOTE: Oh, the irony.]

38.Did you ever imagine writing a story about Jar Jar?

That would be a no, "

3. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    [face_love] Kevin Rubio.

4. Troopsguy

Troopsguy Writer (TCW): Bombad Jedi -TROOPS, Tag & Bink star 1 VIP

Mar 19, 1999
    Yeah

e-mails suck when it comes to tone.:_|

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Fanboy- let's not grill Mr. Rubio too much over something he's already clarified, as well as not read into anyone's comments as being "so anti-"anything based on assumption. Not liking something as much as something else doesn't mean you're against it, but that doesn't mean it'd be your first choice, either. :)

Besides, "lame"? Even if his position was as you claimed, would you rather he fake his opinion to us?

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    That's true, Quest.

I never told you that I actually hated The Clone Wars and I'm really trying to play up the Star Trek influence here to bring LACWAC down from within, because I knew it would ruin our relationship.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [face_shame_on_you] [:D] You should have told me- I'm the one whose been systematicly watching every Star Trek episode over the past 4 years and have been documenting it the experience.

Together we can ensure that, from this time forward, these users will service...us. Resistance will be futile.

What? Oh, sarcasm. So illogical.

8. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Very cool, thanks for answering Kevin. I didn't mean to have my questions cause any confusion! I look forward (hopefully) to having more of these in the future!

9. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Hey, as long as he didn't go into a three page rant about how Jar Jar raped his childhood and that he wrote Bombad Jedi as a way of "getting back" at that greedy childhood-raping jerk George Lucas...then I am ok with his negative stance on the prequels.

I could be dead wrong on this one, but I get the feeling that there are a lot of "old school" fans on the CW production staff. The kinds of fans who want to prove that they can bring Star Wars "back". I loved the prequels, but this is the kind of attitude that I would want from the writers/animators. Don't settle for the minimum standard of quality. I want them to shoot for an ESB-level of quality every week, even if they never quite make it.

Thanks again for your insight into the writing process, Kevin!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.