main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA "We Love America!"

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Arminca, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowe_Solo

Rowe_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2007
    The Dub version of Sailor Moon.

2. Arminca

Arminca Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Well, Jem and the Holograms cartoon, weren't the Misfits a bit lesbianish???

3. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Doesn't Drawn Together have a lesbian in it?

4. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Okay, wait, there was that one scene from "Family Guy" where Meg was making her 'new friend...' but that's just Family Guy, so no holds barred there...

Mary-SPJ

5. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Drawn Together has a gay guy, not a lesbian. His name is Xander.

6. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Yeah technically I think the girls Foxy and Clara were bi.

[image=http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3815/1952200512hq6.jpg]

7. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
  8. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Clara was kinda hot for a cartoon.

Just saying...

9. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Xander was butt ugly.

10. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I haven't seen that episode! I've only seen a bunch from the first season/haven't watched it in a long time.

I'm watching Sleepy Hollow on TBS now. I've only seen it once and now I'm wishing I remembered *anything* from the book other than that Ichabod Crane was tall, gangly, and pasty and that there was a headless horseman. That's really all I remember. I can't even remember what grade we read it in--maybe 9th, but it could be any, really.

11. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Yeah, thats the episode I remember.

12. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I think that was from the first season.

Actually I think it was from the first episode.

13. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Haha, well, I still didn't see it. Ohhhh well.

14. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Maybe not, but did anyone see BSG, Razor? If not made in the USA, it was definitely made for a USA audience.

15. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    OK, gang, don't forget to vote if you haven't already.

16. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    We both already did!!!!

17. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Huzzah for protest votes

Voted? Want to talk about it? Visit the Senate

18. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I need to register...[face_blush]

19. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Hmm, no decisive victory for either party.
    Still anyone's game.

20. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Even that idea is totally ridiculous. You mean you can't say anything that's insulting to any other member? That's the stupidest nonsense I've ever heard. I find it offensive if anyone says they like Titanic, should it be against forum rules for you to say that just because I find it offensive? Of course not. You should be able to say whatever you want, no matter how offensive it is to one or two or ten people, as long as it's not racist, sexist, or a personal insult against another member like swear words, etc. But if I say that I think nobody should be allowed to have more than one kid, that would offend a lot of people, but it's not an offensive statement by any means. It's a philosophical statement that some people would choose to be offended by.

Any time you get overzealous mods you have a bad forum, 'nuff said.

21. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Ugh...I was bummed that this thread got resurrected in error (has nothing to do with "voting" and everything to do with old board drama).

All that bears repeating is that these are not publicly-owned boards, and, no, there is no free speech here. If people don't like it, there are zillions of other message boards out there.

Sheesh.

22. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Oh no! No drama was intended by me! Not no way! Not no how! (And I'm being completely serious, not sarcastic.)

I was always taught that part of showing you were glad to be an American was to exercise your right to vote. A "We Love America" seemed perfect. I thought we were done with the drama. I completely agree that it's time to drop all those silly old arguments!

The only preaching I wanna do on this thread is to say: VOTE! VOTE!

23. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    You agreed to the following:
    "User agrees not to post material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense."

24. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    ?Cause This Is Thriller, Thriller Night
    And No One?s Gonna Save You From The Beast About Strike
    You Know It?s Thriller, Thriller Night
    You?re Fighting For Your Life Inside A Killer, Thriller Tonight

25. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Exactly, and that sentence is perfect, it covers basically what should be there to keep a forum in order. I don't think anyone would have a problem with agreeing to that. It's a family-friendly forum and should be kept that way, by all means.

Of course, I guess there's always a strict or loose interpretation of a word, I mean if I said I think Goofy is a horrible character (I don't, but as an example, hehe), that could be considered "hateful" or "abusive," if you were really stretching. That's why it requires cool moderators who aren't going to go overboard and just want to have a fun time posting. In my experience forum moderators are usually pretty much awful. There are the good 20-25% who just are there to have fun and sorta keep peace among the posters, then there are the 75-80% who have no power in the world whatsoever so they think, yay, I moderate a forum on Teh Intraweb lol omg now I'll show everyone who's boss.

To be fair, I don't think that's a huge problem at TFN, besides a few total loser mods over the years, most of them are just the best posters who have agreed to help out with the daily moderating needs and TFN has some of the better moderators, I think. It's more at small forums you'll find the uptight, power-hungry mods, not really sure why that is...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.