main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "We Love You Anyway." One-shot. H/L. Kanera.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 7, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota
    Disclaimer: Borrowing with love.
    AN: Leia and Hera can totally relate ;) on the guy-thing of denial. [face_laugh]
    AN#2: Ties in to the wonderful "Shadow of a Doubt" by Raissa Baiard and her "Nothing's More Important". @};-

~~~~~!!!
    Leia smiled when Hera commed her to tell her that Mara was pregnant with her and Ezra's first child.

"They didn't seem to be as ... " Leia sought for the right word. "Ezra and Mara seemed to be able to admit their feelings readily enough." Leia laughed wryly in reminiscence. "Han and I ... " She trailed off.

Doubtless some of that was - no quite a bit of it was -- due to her own snarky denials but Han wasn't ready or able to admit his feelings until the hasty evacuation from Hoth.

Hera laughed in turn. "Han has nothing on Kanan! It was like getting a Gundark to tread softly. It's all that tied-in-knots Old Jedi hangup about "romantic entanglements."

Leia grimaced. "I'm glad he got over it. Finally."

Hera answered: "So are we both."

When Han asked Leia about the comm call, she told him Ezra and Mara's news and teased him about the rest.

Han rolled his eyes. "Yeah well, if I'd had any idea you might feel the same maybe ..."

"Who are you kidding? I was no more ready to admit anything than you were."

Hera also confided in Kanan for the sake of teasing. "But we love you guys anyway, despite the fact that obliviousness must be written in male DNA."

Kanan laughed. "Admit it. You enjoyed the challenge."

"Spin it however you like." She rejoined. "It was still frustrating."

"But oh so satisfying when at last ..." Kanan prodded.

She sighed in feigned reluctance. "That I cannot deny."

++++++
    [face_laugh]
    [face_mischief]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Aw, this is super cute! [face_love] Very cool to bring these three couples together in this story; it's neat to be able to compare them and their approaches to expressing their feelings to each other, and we definitely gain some insights into their differences and similarities: yep, Han totally did that denial thing too, though for a completely different reason than Kanan, and in his case he had an extra-diplomatic sweetheart who was also hiding her feelings in a big way. And then, on the other side of the coin, we have Mara and Ezra, who were indeed very open with each other about their feelings even from the very start. All of the approaches have their merits, and it's about finding a good balance of course—which I think all of three have found! Thanks so much for sharing. @};-

3. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Aww...SQUEE! Thank you, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, what a sweet tribute [face_love] [:D] So lovely to see a story with all these wonderful couples! I love the idea that Hera and Leia are still such good friends that they comm each other to chat and compare notes on their respective men. As @Findswoman points out they have some similarities in the way they fought expressing their feelings for each other. (though Leia and, I think Hera, too, were just as guilty of denying how they felt as the men--as Leia herself points out). Mara and Ezra were a lot more up front about their feeling, but even Ezra wasn't immune to some obliviousness, and they had to learn to communicate with each other during those times of doubt--with some guidance from Space!Dad and Mom.

But in the end, despite cluelessness and denials and struggles, they each love their significant other, without a doubt and without reservation. [face_love]

Hera's so astute here:
    This applies to men and women in every Galaxy. We love them no matter how clueless they are!

Once again, thanks! I'm so glad that you enjoyed my little stories :)

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I wouldn't call that one "admitting his feelings", but given that it's Han, I guess it'll do. :p

And this makes me wonder if the both sides had a wall before them. I can totally see that from the show.