We made it...AOTC *Official Review*

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by TIEace, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WackyBelfast Jedi Knight

star 1
    So many people have asked me how it was last night, and the amswer I give them, FASNASTIC, if you are going to see it, please see it in DLP, at either the Boston Common, Randolph or Framingham theatres.

See the film the way it was intended, in a DLP enabled theatre.

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!
  2. TIEace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Does anyone know how long AOTC will be in the DLP enabled theaters?
  3. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4
    My faith has been restored!!!!!!!!!!!

One word sums up that movie. Wow.

Ep2 is def on my top 5 list.

I only have one complaint... Jango's decaptitation :p
    I was the only person at the midnight showing that boo'ed when Windu got him.

However, Ep 2 0wned! See you all saturday.
  4. Katriel Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked the movie but I'm not in love with it. I saw it in DLP at Randolph today. The effects absolutely rule. Mace, Yoda, Dooku, and Obi Wan make the film. Anakin and Padme actually drag it down. Most especially Padme. Natalie was very wooden throughout the whole film. The love scenes were laughably bad. The two of them looked like they really couldn't stand each other in real life.

The last 45 minutes of the film are what make the whole movie. The fight sequences are amazing.

But it seems that they spent so much time on the fight at the end that they forgot to spend a lot of time on other areas. The scene where Anakin is riding the "whatever" on Naboo and then falls off was really lame.

I wrote previously that I didn't see what all the hype about digital was about but now I know. I can see how digital would make some movies seem cold while it will enhance other movies, such as this one.

Empire still ranks as my all time fave. It would take a lot to change that for me.
  5. Anakin1337Skywalker Jedi Padawan

Saw, the movie at 12:01 and 10:00 am. I loved it the first time i saw it, but the second time was just amazing. The movie is absolutely perfect except the part where anakin is riding--more like surfing--on the cow-like creature on Naboo. I turned my head from the screen during this part at the second showing.

That said, I just have to say again that the movie was AMAZING. I could just watch it over and over and over and over and over.....

My fav part would have to be Anakin avenging his mothers death...gave me chills

On a side note, my friends and I were near the front of the line last night at Showcase Lowell (we got there around 6:30pm)and made the front page of The Lowell Sun newspaper. Big color photo of us on the front page, and a lengthy article inside in which i am quoted about 4 times (though I think the journalist altered my quotes just a bit).

p.s. AOTC fukin rocks, and the critics can fuk themselves.
  6. TIEace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My grandparents live in Dracut, so I will ask them to hold their Lowell Sun paper.
  7. Katriel Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    I was also in a local paper. I was on the front page of The Enterprise.
  9. Jedi Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    The last 45 minutes were incrediable.
  10. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought almost the entire movie was incredible.
  11. Jedi Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    The last 45 minutes were more than incrediable...the rest of the movie was incrediable.
  12. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4
  13. Anakin1337Skywalker Jedi Padawan

yes...that is the story....i am jeremy...but they don't have the picture of me and my friends online...only on the front page of the real paper.
  14. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The last 45 minutes was amazing...but there was some cool crap before then as well.
    The guitar in track 2 on the soundtrack is just the sound of Zam's speeder's engines which I found kinda cool and now I know why it is there. I've seen it twice now and I liked it the second time even more. Maybe I'll like it the 3rd twice as much! See ya all on Saturday(assuming all goes well ordering my tickets)
  15. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    This movie rocks!!!!!

I was the first one in the theartre wednesday night,and had the best seats in the house.

I loved it,I've seen it 4 times now and it gets better and better everytime I see it.

Yoda truly is the master of all masters!!!
    Jango rules!!
    Dooku stole the movie,he was the ultimate badass!!
    The chase thru coruscant rocked!!
    some of the fight scenes seemed a little short but over all they kicked butt!!

Anakin and Padme's love scene were a little iffy but I think it was done right.
    Christiansen(sp?) has the Skywalker whine down perfect!!
    and you can see Vader peaking thru little by little!!

Over all This movie Kicks Butt!!!
  16. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Theedage!

You weren't the only personl to verbalize their dismay at Jango's fate. I mean, come on! What's with these Fetts?? After that face-off with Obi-Wan, I expected more Jango!!
    I saw the Matrix trailer online...um, ok it's another Matrix movie. I liked the first one and all but this just doesn't give me the heebie jeebies. I know I'll be seeing it anyway, and for the story even! Not the effects...go figure! :D
  17. Blackpadme Jedi Padawan

I don't know what the critics are talking about...Episode II: AOTC was magnificent!!! I loved every minute of it and plan to see it several more times. The only thing I wish they had done was play up the women Jedi a little more, but then again, there probably wasn't time for all that.
    Nevertheless, this was a masterful presentation by George Lucas. AGain he has outdone himself.
  18. AlfWasEvil Jedi Padawan

Hey Pell, funny you mention the guitar part on the score for the chase scene. I thought it out of place while listening to it, but after seeing the film I now know why it's there!
    I pretty much agree with most peoples reaction with what was great (most of the movie) and what was bad (some dialog, sfx, Mace/Jango battle to short). Since no one has mentioned 3PO yet: I'm a lover of puns so even thought his lines were groan worthy I liked 'em (reminded me of a Mel Brooks movie!)
    Saw the movie twice yesterday, first on film then on digital and I must say if you can see it in digital DO IT! Freakin' awesome.

19. Crimson_Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Hi Folks! I am in Boston too! Nice to meet you! I saw AOTC at Loews Boston COmmons last night and loved it. Now, I want to see it digitally. Is Randolph the only digital option in the Boston area? (Someone earlier in the thread seemed to say that Boston Commons had a DLP, but I had no knowledge of that). How do I find out which showings are DLP at Randolph? Is the DLP showing on a mega-screen with stadium-style seating like the big theater at Boston Commons? Now that some of you have experience in seeing AOTC on the Digital Big Screen the way it was meant to be seen, I hope that you can share with us some pointers on getting the tickets. Can I buy DLP tickets on the INternet knowing 100% that they are really for the DLP screening? THanks so much.
  20. WackyBelfast Jedi Knight

star 1
    AFAIK, the loews in Boston common HAS a DLP, as for ordering tickets for it, I presume you may be able to order them online, but movietickets.com does not allows you to do that.

As to getting tickets for the Randolph DLP screenn, they are listed as a seperate item when you look at movietickets.

Here is an url that you can use to see what is showing for the current day for Randolph.
      http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=4848

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (DLP-Digital Projection) (PG) 2 hrs. 22 min.
      11:45am, 3:00pm, 6:15pm, 9:30pm, 12:35am

As you can see, it's easy to pick the times for the DLP showings, and that is how I ordered my tickets for AOTC for the midnight showing in DLP, via mvietickets, definatly the best way to go and with 100% certainty, you can even print out your own tickets for the show (I've tried the print thing but much prefer the credit card in the hole in the wall to get my tickets at the theatre).

Hope this helps, and enjoy the DLP showing, it is in a stadium seating style theatre, lots of room and most all the seats in the hosue give a good view of the screen.
  21. AlfWasEvil Jedi Padawan

FYI, fandango.com is the only website you can buy tickets for Lowes cinemas online. They do list the DLP screening separate like movietickets.com does for Randolph.

22. Crix-Madine Force Ghost

star 4
    Was anyone else laughing a ton on the inside when the Count was trying to lure Obi-Wan to join him? The way he talked sounded just like when Saruman ( again )Christopher Lee) was trying to lure Gandalf lol...
  23. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  24. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone notice the 2 ships on the Naboo landing platform,that looked a hell of alot like the Falcon?

Gotta love easter eggs!! :D
  25. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.