We made it...AOTC *Official Review*

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by TIEace, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WackyBelfast Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I just saw AOTC again in DLP at Randolph, still AMAZING.

This time I was able to concentrate on some of the easter eggs and other stuff, spotted most of them.

Yoda still is the tops... I was able to really sit up and take notice at his style of lightsaber fighting, really impressive, I especially love the way he takes his lightsaber out of his belt and ignites it, just a touch of class.

Crowd was not as enthuastic as the midnight showing I attended a few days ago, but from what I heard from a mostly family crowd, they loved it, plus there were quite a few second and third viewers in the audience judging from the comments, especially the comparison between film and dlp projection, from the bit and pieces I heard it was definatly the prefeered way to see the film.

Overall, I'm still impressed after a second viewing, GL, your are the man, your vision has been shown for the world to see and it's a masterpiece.
  2. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    Yeah, the DLP was amazing. So much more clear.
  3. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight

star 6
    I've got to see the DLP...damn this busy week...the two days I have off work I've got school events...
  4. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    Patience! You must learn patience!
  5. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    My Dad is driving me to see DLP, plus he still needs to see AOTC. Probably sometime next weekend, Friday or Saturday night.
  6. Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan

star 4
    tell me when you are going
  7. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    Just a little comment. Someone I know went to see AOTC, and left halfway through the movie. I mean, I know the acting can be stale at times, but I don't think it's that bad.
  8. Royal_Handmaiden Jedi Youngling

star 1
    That's ok, I took my bf and he fell asleep like right after Padme and Anakin got to the lake retreat and then woke up for the last 35-45 minutes and thought the ending was great, he just didn't understand why they bothered with the beginning of the movie. Sometimes I wonder how we stay togehter...lol I thought the movie was excellent. Hayden gave me chills many times during the movie and he definitly has the patented Skywalker whine. I was a little disappointed by some of the editing. There were alot of moments in the book I was looking forward to seeing in the movie, like Padme's family, Palpatine announcing her death and her appearing before the senate, and the trial on Geonosis. Oh well here's hoping for a super sweet DVD ! :cool: !
  9. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    I also was looking for parts in the book that weren't in the movie. Like Anakin slaughtering all of the Tuskens. In the movie they only showed him chopping up 3 of em. In the book it was much more vivid.
  10. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    They did leave out a few parts; hopefully the cut out scenes will be on the DVD.
  11. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight

star 6
    There're always cut scenes. It's usually a pacing issue. Sometimes it's a time thing. But it's always good to get to see what they actually are, rather than simply wondering.
  12. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'll be going to the 6:15 show tonightin DLP at Randolph tonight.
  13. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
  14. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    The DLP was great! Jeez, Randolph has a huge theater!

My Dad enjoyed the movie. I got chills again when the Jedi rushed all of the droids in the arena and when Yoda had his battle.
  15. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    I love that scene when the Jedi charge. The music is great. I couldn't find it on the Ep.2 soundtrack; it ended up being on the Ep.1 soundtrack called "Anakin Beats Sebulba". Its about 2 minutes into it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.