main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm not sure how many tautological arguments I've missed, but I just wanted to step in here to complain about Teresa Palmer wanting to play Talia al Ghul in a future Batfleck movie, despite forgetting the character's name and being super white.

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Marion Cotillard says hello

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    And goodbye.

With the worst death scene in the history of cinema.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Still super white though.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Except she's half-Berber, so really that's okay. R'as being super, duper white though...

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    ::looks at thread title::

Cue fan montage.

7. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I knew Talia first from the animated series so I always thought she was white. Ras i thought was Middle Eastern but also had English accent with David Warner doing the voice.

also isn't Talia's mother white in the comics to explain that?

that said for diversity in Batman, I'd continue DC's purge of gingers and just cast Barbara Gordon as African-American. She's not Jim's biological daughter so you've got a lot of room there to change the race and not have it complicate things in a major way.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    T2Q, when you least expect it, I will repay you for the indecent material you placed in here.

I'm not saying it will be a Creed/Hanson mashup tune while terrible HawkWidow fan art is scrolled - but if you see that video pop up in the Marvel thread, at least you'll know it's me.

The2ndQuest and dp4m like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    At least it was Nickelback trying to be Phil Collins. It could have been worse. It could have been Nickelback trying to be Nickelback.

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think she had a bet with Pernilla August.

11. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Talking of the title of this thread, I could not help but remember the speech given by Maximus at the beginning of this scene:

"We stay together, we survive."

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I mean, I honestly think Bane's is worse. I mean, you have to kind of suffer through Talia's as it just whines on and on. But Bane's is just this moment of shocking, explosive stupidity that evoked a similarly explosive derisive laugh. *BOOM* "HA!"

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I didn't mind Bane's. There's a certain justice to Selina, who spends the film self-absorbed and terrified of Bane, coming back to save Gotham and ending Bane for good.

14. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Bane has the single most lucid moment of any character in the series at that point, too: just straight-up going for the kill when he has the chance.

Arawn_Fenn and Darth_Invidious like this.
  15. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

In other words, he would make a terrible Bond villain. :p

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I think this departure has a lot to do with the poor reactions and below box office expectations of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and the box office success of Suicide Squad (which reportedly had much of the Studio's edits and tone shifts from Director David Ayer's original cut). And therefore, I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, as WB is taking a cue from Marvel and taking a somewhat creative control of its property. Additionally, I don't mind the delay as long as it's to ensure they put out a quality film. Suicide Squad was rushed out into production, and despite the box office success, the film did have some major issues in editing and scoring.

Since Tim Miller is off of Deadpool, I think he'd be a great choice for The Flash as he has done wonderful work with DC characters with his DC Online trailer. Dude gets the characters, the genre and knows how to bring them to life.

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Yeah, I didn't see it as stupid either. Bruce won the fight against Bane. It just shows that he should've minded his surroundings.

Maybe they should just let Kevin Smith have a crack at it.

19. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012

Overall it's awesome, but I still don't like superheroes in real life war. It might be fine at that time but very awkward now.

20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
  21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Oh god.

22. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Because as a director, Kevin Smith's a great podcaster as of late?

23. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Superman appearing in Supergirl.

Talia in Arrow.

What do you think, a year until they announce BATMAN appearing in one of the TV shows?

Superman could get his own show. Worlds Finest.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  25. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

I would like it if he appeared on "Supergirl", but I think it won't happen. You'll get Batgirl, Batwoman and Nightwing first.